• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were definitely contingencies discussed around that stuff when they opened the new Performance Center
Let's focus on the important questions: does England itself have enough bearded, stocky white guys to keep NXT UK alive once the supply of Scottish and Irish bearded, stocky white guys runs out after they leave the UK?

Oct 8, 2019
What's up with Brandi going "HAVEN'T SEEN OUR CHAMPION IN AWHILE" during her promo last night anyway.

I want a backstage segment where Riho is reading outdoorsmen magazines and dismissively asks someone why she would watch the show.

Kenny: Riho haven't you seen the part where Brandi Rhodes has just started her own cult and Cody doesn't seem to care
Riho puts down the magazine she's reading
Riho: Kenny I don't watch your show, just like half your viewers from week 1 don't watch your show any longer
Kenny Omega turns towards the screen and makes a goofy face
Arn Anderson shows up
Arn: Last year didn't you have the most prestigious title in all of professional wrestling and now your just making a bunch of goofy faces

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kenny: Riho haven't you seen the part where Brandi Rhodes has just started her own cult and Cody doesn't seem to care
Riho puts down the magazine she's reading
Riho: Kenny I don't watch your show, just like half your viewers from week 1 don't watch your show any longer
Arn Anderson shows up
Arn: Last year didn't you have the most prestigious title in all of professional wrestling and now your just making a bunch of goofy faces

Riho truly has become Brock Riho.
OtQct5q.gif

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to remember who debunked it, but I think this is false. They don't want to run a Bryan/Fiend match again right now, hence the change.

Yeah I heard Dave said Bryan just wants to hold off on the match which is ALSO A WAY FOR HIM NOT BE IN THE RUMBLE SO MARKS LIKE MYSELF WON'T SET THEMESELVES FOR HOPES THAT HE COULD WIN THAT THING.

But yeah if anything, the only realistic lateral move to make in his career is to just retire which is....y'know maybe it's time.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This Saturday AAA closes the year with their last big event: Guerra de Titanes (Titans War). Watch it live and free (English and Spanish) via Twitch:

The main attraction is the women´s bet match. Since the beginning of the year Big Mami and Lady Maravilla have been feuding. It started with Maravilla just wanting to take Niño Hamburguesa away so she could win the Mix Tag Team Belts but it ended up in a bloody feud. This Saturday Big Mami is putting on the line her hair and Lady Maravilla her mask. Could the match be good? It should the issue is AAA going to AAA. Faby Apache vs Lady Shani bet match was ruined by the constant interference from the ref and the seconds, this one could share the same fate. But one thing for sure, it will be a bloody war and, if they let them go, this one could be one of Lucha MotYC.

The other decent match is the three way for the Tag Titles Match. The Champions, Lucha Bros defend against Los Gueros (Angelica & Australian Suicide) and Hijo del Vikingo & a mystery partner. The match should be a great flippy tag action showcase. The rest of the card is decent and it is one of the strongest AAA card of the year, so if you have liked AAA this year be sure to check it out.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Completely agree. For all intents and purposes, AEW is just like WWE from a presentation format.

Just look at the difference between the WCW of 1989 and WWF of 1989

Now go 10 years into the future and they both look drastically different

AEW and WWE are way too similar looking. Need fresh minds for presentation, not the past 20 years of the same old shit.
Gonna just bring in my ratings thread post in here

Hey maybe some posters are on the money when they say that wrestling has just stagnated and really, you can't expect to see a ton of growth at this point.

But man, I really can't shake off the fact that the way wrestling is booked in the modern era isn't exactly helping. It feels like both WWE and AEW are guilty of going for this variety show feeling, where the shows have their separate segments, everything is treated as more or less equally important, and the segment that closes the show only closes the show because it's related to the top title.

And I have to ask; hasn't wrestling, historically, been the most successful, and the most engaging, when it actually writes itself as y'know, a tv show? Where each episode is "the continuing adventures of __________" as well as B plots that could and did tie into the A plot? Nothing is sold like THE most important thing happening in the company right now. The harsh reality is that maybe it's necessary to put all your eggs in one basket when you produce a weekly tv show and be willing to say, fuck it this angle is the most important thing in the company right now and everything else is going to have to be made with the mentality that it feeds into that angle. THAT's what the Outsiders -> the NWO did for WCW. THAT's what Austin v Bret -> Austin v Hart Foundation -> Austin vs McMahon -> The Rock vs The McMahon/Helmsley faction did for WWF.

People tuned in live when they have to see what happens next in a show's story, and it's how the most successful tv shows of the last 2 decades have managed to draw in big numbers despite the decline in tv viewership. Maybe the WWE is too scared to make any individual wrestler feel like they're so big they can hold the company over a barrel like when Brock left in '04, and maybe AEW still has too much of an indie/NJPW mindset to go that route.

It's great that the standard of workrate is much higher nowadays and I'm not saying we need to bring back the crasser elements of the era, but before we say that wrestling "needs to move past the Attitude Era", maybe it's worth seeing what actually worked back then because at the end of the day, it came after a similar slump we see nowadays, and I don't think the stagnation we see now can be waved away as wrestling just being past its expiration date.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, just for klonere, Dragon Gate also has its Final Gate show this weekend.

-Tribe Vanguard (KAI and Kagetora) (c) vs. Mochizuki Dojo (Yuki Yoshioka and Keisuke Okuda)
-Super Shisa vs. K-ness. vs. Shachihoko BOY vs. Punch Tominaga vs. "brother" YASSHI vs. Kota Minoura vs. Mondai Ryu vs. Oji Shiiba vs. Jimmy
-Kazma Sakamoto vs. Dragon Dia
-"Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa vs. Naomichi Marufuji
-Último Dragón, Ryo Saito and Yasushi Kanda vs. Masato Yoshino, Dragon Kid and Masaaki Mochizuki
-Open the Brave Gate Championship match: Kaito Ishida (c) vs. Jason Lee
-Open the Triangle Gate Championship match: Strong Machines (Strong Machine J, Strong Machine F and Strong Machine G) (c) (with Shogun KY Wakamatsu) vs. Natural Vibes (Kzy, Genki Horiguchi and Susumu Yokosuka) and R.E.D (Diamante, H.Y.O and Takashi Yoshida)
-Open the Twin Gate Championship match: R.E.D (Eita and Big R Shimizu) (c) vs. Tribe Vanguard (BxB Hulk and YAMATO)
-Open the Dream Gate Championship match: Ben-K (c) vs. Naruki Doi

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Britt Baker is winning the #1 contender's match next. That's the second worst news I got in the last hour.

Hey for real AEW, just give the belts to the people you wanted to have them instead of just dancing around it. Then at least we can start moving on.

Britt with the women's belt, Bucks with the tag titles, Omega with the main title. It's all good.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
no...
Douglas James is a complete unknown anyone know if this is something I should be hyped for seeing front row>
local CA guy, he's alright. vs Deppen though so he'll probably make him look great and the match will be pretty good
Dude, your room is a mess!
hampy birtsday for fallingedge - one of the real good OGs
much love friendo <3
happy birthday man

Ace Austin, the greatest birthday gift of all

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility, Prior Warnings for Hostility, Recently returning from a ban for similar behavior
Gee, i wonder why Darkstar, who's never shown any interest in Punk before posted that particular tweet.

Sure is a mystery.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
For a Carny Awards nomination update, here's who has been updated so far. Editorial comments are in parentheses.

Male WWE Superstar of the Year
Adam Cole

Female WWE Superstar of the Year
Becky Lynch

Best Male Non-WWE Wrestler of the Year
Cody Rhodes

Best Female Non-WWE Wrestler of the Year

Tessa Blanchard

Best Tag Team of the Year
Lucha Bros. (They were literally everywhere)

"The Drizzling Shits" Award for Worst On-Screen Performer
King Baron Corbin (I'm so sick of him being pushed)

"The Rusev" Award for Most Underutilized Performer
Sami Zayn

"The Hot Take" Most Overrated Wrestler of the Year
Kenny Omega

Comeback of the Year
Bray Wyatt

"The King Kong Bundy WrestleMania 2 to 3" Fall from Grace Award
Seth Rollins

Most Improved Wrestler
Dominik Dijakovic

"The Big Show" Award for Please Retire
The Undertaker

Best Gimmick
The Fiend

"The Bray Wyatt Is Sister Abigail" Award for Worst Gimmick
Shorty G

"What a Maneuver!" Award for Coolest Move/Dive
"That thing Vikingo did on the apron to Taurus in the Pena tournament"

Best Theme Music of the Year
Bray Wyatt, "The Fiend"

WWE Match of the Year
Women's War Games, NXT War Games 2019

Non-WWE Match of the Year
The Young Buck vs. Lucha Bros., AEW Double or Nothing

"The Jenna Morasco vs. Sharmell" Award for Worst Fucking Match
The Undertaker vs. Goldberg, WWE Super ShowDown 2019

Promotion of the Year
Impact Wrestling

Show of the Year
NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2019
DDT Peter Pan 2019

Best Angle
Becky Lynch's rise to the main event (Jesus, was that this year? It feels like 3 years ago.)

The "WWE Promotes Murderous Dictatorships" Award for Angle That Made You Ashamed To Be A Wrestling Fan

Multiple cuckolding storylines simultaneously (Lana/Rusev/Bobby Lashley, Mike and Maria Kanellis, Drake Maverick)

Gif of the Year

"I GOT A TICKET" (I have no idea what this is referencing.)

Terrified Seth Rollins in the corner. (somebody will need to post this.)

WrassleERA Community MVP Award (As always, I'm flattered by your nomination, but I will not include myself in this category. Pretty cool that this category is so robust!)
Violet for actually listing 300 wrestlers they thought were better than Cody Rhodes

The "I'm Marking Out, Bro" Legit Shook Moment of the Year
The Fiend debuts

"Carny Motherfucker" of the Year (I had to apply the Vince McMahon Rule here; he will always be considered the actual winner, and the winner of the Carny Motherfucker of the Year is actually the second biggest Carny Motherfucker to Vince McMahon.)

Seth Rollins

Fun 'n' Playful Carnyism of the Year
Being the Elite

Maria Kanellis continuing her streak of getting pregnant after signing a contract renewal

Geek of the Year
Brass Body Dave

Seth Rollins

My picks

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine getting banned for harassing someone, then immediately returning from a ban to keep harassing the same person

OP
OP

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Actwres giving Maika the push that Ice Ribbon refuses to give. You hate to see it.

ELmOXS4UwAA5JNj

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Why is each of Raw's hours listed as a separate entry in the ratings but NXT and AEW are listed as one entry for 8-10?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I like to say I appreciate our rivalry never gets to the toxic levels Woozies has with DS.

Are you HAPPY Misao is a geek again?

Anyway, Team Big Mami or Team Lady Maravilla for the bet match?

We'd never let things get to that point!

I'm waiting to see how things play out for Misao. If she takes from both her roles and makes something new I think I'll be happiest; especially if it elevates her into an upper carder.

Also, why even ask?

Actwres giving Maika the push that Ice Ribbon refuses to give. You hate to see it.

ELmOXS4UwAA5JNj

I saw it earlier and was thinking the exact same thing.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
So something I forgot to mention during the Kai/Yim match last night. In her promo Yim says that she's going to send Kai to the hospital for payback. But during the match Yim goes for a pinfall after a dragon screw leg whip.... wut?

Oct 8, 2019
AEW needs to have more of this

and less of this

The first is a compelling angle that makes me want to see what happens leading to a match, the second is a angle that distracts you from a much more important angle (Adam Page leaving the Elite and feuding with Omega) by having this silly angle that makes Joey Janela, Tully Blanchard, and Shawn Spears all look like goofs.

Its good to come out and say "I want variety in my promotions" but you shouldn't be having comedy interrupt your important angles that star people the audience should see as main eventers.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why is each of Raw's hours listed as a separate entry in the ratings but NXT and AEW are listed as one entry for 8-10?

WWE breaks Raw into three separate segments to get ratings for each hour. They've done that since the Nitro days. They don't do that for the other shows.

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
So something I forgot to mention during the Kai/Yim match last night. In her promo Yim says that she's going to send Kai to the hospital for payback. But during the match Yim goes for a pinfall after a dragon screw leg whip.... wut?
She was always planning to put poor Dakota through those tables. I bet she didnt put the tables close enough to cause Dakota to get 8 staples.

I know they are friends and she didnt injure her on purpose

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Can't get my head around the Emi hate, here and on other forums. Her experience and ability to engage a crowd for better or worse make her valuable. She's being presented as a confident mischeivous veteran who loses when she gets too arrogant.

There are plenty of wrestlers who incorporate their favorite things into their gimmick. KUSHIDA is Marty McFly, Sammy loves Pandas, Kris is an alien, Kenny is the Terminator, Ospreay is an Aerial Assassin, Reigns is a Hound of Justice, Rey Mysterio and Ricochet are superheroes, The Bucks dress like Street Fighter characters sometimes. That's just the start of a long list.

kushida-entrance.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.