• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
yo what the fuck was that. No way of crafting new gear, constant rain, 3 BT fights in a row and cargo that must not get submerged. Dropped the difficulty down to easy after 3 hours. Damn.
Also, I hope that was not the last I've seen from Mads.

The fight against the giant whale was mandatory but the previous two were optional. You just needed to run away from those BTs.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Question for anyone who's finished it
Just beat the giant BT at the end of chapter 12. Do I have anymore boss fights to go? Feeling fucking exhausted from the tension of the last few hours, might finish it tomorrow if there's more to come

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Blerg, I may have to bump down to Normal for this stupid final boss.

Edit: I guess Chapter 9 *isn't* the final one?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Someone mentioned more hazards. I think I agree. Some stuff gets introduced here and there, but rarely pops up again.

For example:
wind, falling rocks, snow storms

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Question for anyone who's finished it
Just beat the giant BT at the end of chapter 12. Do I have anymore boss fights to go? Feeling fucking exhausted from the tension of the last few hours, might finish it tomorrow if there's more to come
Nope, just a little bit more light gameplay, and a lot of cutscenes. I think Alucrid is confusing the Whale BT for the Giant Human BT

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, guys! Just wanted to thank you again for helping me out with those insightful tips before. I'm really starting to get a hang of the game, and I still enjoy plotting smart routes and traversing the scenery with ease. Today, I even figured I could just run around a whole BT encounter instead of dealing with it. Did you ever try that, or do you normally just power through? 😅 I am really feeling I am able to contribute in the world by putting up structures, and now that I have got a little platform that follows me, I can move stuff even more efficiently. I've heard rumors that you can actually stand on those yourself, and get down slopes in style like the world hasn't seen from before the Death Stranding (I'm just guessing here, I don't know the world from back then). Might be worth trying! 🏄‍♂️

I also saw some amazing tips on how to do stuff like beat up MULEs and catch their cargo mid-air to throw at other MULEs! Now that I'm connected to the network, I was able to see the tips shared in a video! I wish I could keep going at it, but there are just so many things that have to be tended around here, that I won't find any more time today. Tomorrow, I hope to finish what needs to be done in the safehouse quickly, so I can return to my porting duties yet again! Thanks for helping build those roads, people! 🥇

Keep fighting on keeping on!
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

I only ever read the yellow lmao.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, guys! Just wanted to thank you again for helping me out with those insightful tips before. I'm really starting to get a hang of the game, and I still enjoy plotting smart routes and traversing the scenery with ease. Today, I even figured I could just run around a whole BT encounter instead of dealing with it. Did you ever try that, or do you normally just power through? 😅 I am really feeling I am able to contribute in the world by putting up structures, and now that I have got a little platform that follows me, I can move stuff even more efficiently. I've heard rumors that you can actually stand on those yourself, and get down slopes in style like the world hasn't seen from before the Death Stranding (I'm just guessing here, I don't know the world from back then). Might be worth trying! 🏄‍♂️

I also saw some amazing tips on how to do stuff like beat up MULEs and catch their cargo mid-air to throw at other MULEs! Now that I'm connected to the network, I was able to see the tips shared in a video! I wish I could keep going at it, but there are just so many things that have to be tended around here, that I won't find any more time today. Tomorrow, I hope to finish what needs to be done in the safehouse quickly, so I can return to my porting duties yet again! Thanks for helping build those roads, people! 🥇

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Lmao, reads just like an email in the game

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the trophy for doing a 3000kg delivery.

Damn that felt good. My stamina was basically depleted near the end, with Sam taking constant forced rests.

FenninRo

alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2019
I have spent over 12 hours just in chapter 3. I think the last two days I just drove around in a truck with supplies loaded up to help build roads and other structures.

I think I'm in love with this game.

Oct 27, 2017
The progression in this game is so satisfying. I think the "mundanity" and the rigors of completing deliveries makes everything feel earned

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
don't think i ever expected mario and princess peach to pop up being mentioned at all in this game

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
People here already on Chapter 23 and I only just started Chapter 4 with over 26 hours in the game. Are the later chapters super short or are people rushing?

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I just started chapter 10...
What the fuck was the point of the first Higgs boss fight with the giant headless BT?, because that was a huge fucking waste of time, Also I'm 30 hours in now and shit still hasn't been explained yet, I still have a bazillion questions!!!

FenninRo

alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2019
The progression in this game is so satisfying. I think the "mundanity" and the rigors of completing deliveries makes everything feel earned

Absolutely agreed. Just navigating the world is satisfying for me, but the sense of accomplishment and earning things is very high in this game and it is definitely a big part of what keeps me going.

Enordash

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

I enjoyed this quite a bit. Well done. 👍 +10

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't played the game in like 3 days, came back and the road that was only past a MULE area is now past the second MULE area and let me get right up to border of the next unconnected area.

That is so fucking cool. Also accrued over 2000+ more likes since I stopped playing. Made sure to fill another portion of the bridge.

Keep on keeping on.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Question: Has anyone here tried investigating this?

img_20191113_17495599j8a.jpg

I tried to look around and used ladders to get onto the rooftops but couldn't see anything other than a memory chip.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
People here already on Chapter 23 and I only just started Chapter 4 with over 26 hours in the game. Are the later chapters super short or are people rushing?
the chapter pacing is really weird. you'll see with chapter 4 because it's a good example of it

i was at around 22 hours getting to chapter 4 and now i'm like 35 hours at chapter 12. but i also stopped doing side stuff entirely in chapter 3 so obviously everyone's time is going to differ

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this fucking mountain and going up and fucking down its stupid fucking face

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played for about 5 hours today. And didn't progress the story at all. *sigh*
How can I get the gosh darn collector to join the UCA
Just keep plugging away at his deliveries.
I think I'm nearing the end because this game is on some MGS4-esque shit now. I love it (and I think I'm going to replay MGS4 after this).
Watch this (If you've have already. then i apologise)

Question: Has anyone here tried investigating this?

img_20191113_17495599j8a.jpg

I tried to look around and used ladders to get onto the rooftops but couldn't see anything other than a memory chip.
I also tried, and found nothing.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Using thousands of materials and building that highway in Chapter 3 is an extremely cathartic endeavor.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So I had to do that mission where you have to carry by hand the package. I literally ended up tripping as I got to the stairs leading up to the shelter. Mission failed!

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do zip lines need a bunch of materials to make? I'm in the mountains and was thinking about setting some up on my trek down to save some time on my return trip.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Played for about 5 hours today. And didn't progress the story at all. *sigh*

Just keep plugging away at his deliveries.

Watch this (If you've have already. then i apologise)

I also tried, and found nothing.

Why does this video get linked to almost every thread and post about MGS4 lol

Like, we all know Kojima was done with the series at that point and the story of the game reflects that but it's still damn entertaining and fun.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so is the
Trek from the tar beach back to capitol knot
the "Huge awful tedious mission the game had the gall of having" that made previewers pissy? Because holy shit this
trek back across the open world with the new world state and consistent music/talking/cliff has been amazing, best part of the game so far.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
So I'm trying to build a rose but it wants 60 metal. How do I do this? When I tried to put more then that in it said no

nvm got it working!

Last edited:

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wait, so is the
Trek from the tar beach back to capitol knot
the "Huge awful tedious mission the game had the gall of having" that made previewers pissy? Because holy shit this
trek back across the open world with the new world state and consistent music/talking/cliff has been amazing, best part of the game so far.
it does seem like a real fuck you when you get it but like not only is it fun (it's kind of like a power fantasy if you've built a lot of stuff through you're journey) it also doesn't really take that long

i still think it's a very funny thing to expect you to do and i understand why reviewers who weren't completely sold on the game anyway would think it's tedious

So I'm trying to build a rose but it wants 60 metal. How do I do this? When I tried to put more then that in it said no
you can do more you just have to agree that you're going to lose the excess

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
So the roads only go in certain spots that Hideo chose? We can't build a road wherever we want, only where the auto road pops up?

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only in Chapter 2, but purely from a gameplay perspective, this is one of my favorite games of the last 5-6 years. I just love exploring and plotting routes.

Are there any backcountry hiking simulator style games out there? I just want to hike and camp in challenging terrain.