• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The animations in this game look so good, the landscape, the atmosphere. And the Kojima Production logo (and the outfit itself) is awesome. The closest thing we got to a Kojima-ish movie was Oats Studio's Firebase, it showed potential if it had good writing behind it.

k this post is random

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima retweeted this cosplay gem, I can't stop laughing, it's brilliant:

I also remade official poster:

DxQ_qXkWoAALvLj

I'm sorry, can't breathe

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he's shopping the game already means it's gotta be getting there, right?
Hoping for holiday season 2019.

vidaisonline

Community Manager at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Feb 2, 2018
They heard he was visiting Finland and asked to meet (Remedy reached out on twitter). He didnt specifically go to see them.
no that was a joke :D would that it were that easy to just reach out to someone like kojima on twitter and have them show up at your studio because they're passing by hahaha

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
The fact that he's shopping the game already means it's gotta be getting there, right?
Hoping for holiday season 2019.

I'm actually curious on why he would go by game studio's to show his game? I mean I can understand Guerrilla Games, because of them working together, but why Remedy and possibly other studio's?
Is that a thing game dev studio's do sometimes? Is he asking for feedback/reactions?

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
I'm actually curious on why he would go by game studio's to show his game? I mean I can understand Guerrilla Games, because of them working together, but why Remedy and possibly other studio's?
Is that a thing game dev studio's do sometimes? Is he asking for feedback/reactions?
I believe that Kojima did this with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain as well. Since I know that Kojima showed director JJ Abrams. But I might be wrong.

Kojima with a CONTROL jacket.

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't these the a lot same studios he visited when he was looking for an engine? He's probably coming back to show them what he's cooked up. Or it could just be game dev solidarity.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018

Kojima at the Save The Day concert, featuring Silent Poets. He's pointing at 2019.

Kojima was also spotted on a Mac commercial on Television according to The Keep author F. Paul Wilson.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
From websites WCCFTech/The NextWeb:

In an interview published earlier this week on The Next Web, Guerrilla's Technical Director Michiel van der Leeuw talked a bit about this ongoing partnership.
https://wccftech.com/guerrilla-collab-kojima-productions
https://thenextweb.com/adobe-fundamentals/2019/01/21/decima-game-engine-guerrilla-games/
Inventor types like us don't just like to make things, we like to share them. Sharing makes you stronger. Sometimes you don't get anything back but thanks – that's also nice. But sometimes you find someone who's on the same track, and it gives you all this creative energy. It's all just code in the end, anyway: it's the mindset of the maker that matters.
We gave Kojima Productions the engine as a show of good Sony citizenship. They'd lost all their tech, it would have felt rude not to share. But we didn't expect to have this much chemistry with a studio from the other side of the globe. Collaboration has been intense.
We have similar priorities. How long to iterate, how to keep your code clean, where to prioritize efficiency, in what order gameplay elements should go. But in some ways, they're also very different. For instance, they think photorealism is far more important than we do.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
From websites WCCFTech/The NextWeb:

In an interview published earlier this week on The Next Web, Guerrilla's Technical Director Michiel van der Leeuw talked a bit about this ongoing partnership.
https://wccftech.com/guerrilla-collab-kojima-productions
https://thenextweb.com/adobe-fundamentals/2019/01/21/decima-game-engine-guerrilla-games/

The photorealism part goes back to KJP not wanting it to look like a Horizon clone from what I recall.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
You know, I'm glad they went that way. KojiPro's realism is just on another level and has its touch, different from other devs like ND. It almost feels as if it were a retooled FOX Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.