• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Consider the gap between the other releases, if they have the PS4 download edition launch in October too I wonder if they were having technical issues with the PS4 version?

OP
OP
Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I think it's more likely that they had issues with getting the physical release out (might be COVID related?) and I just think they don't want to push out the digital version before that, since that's frustrating for people waiting for physical.

But we'll see, they haven't said anything regarding the digital release, so they might still release before October. I'm just speculating.

Edit: Okay, so as suspected, Gematsu just reported that the digital version is coming on the same date for PS4.

"Death Come True for PS4 launches October 15" via Gematsu

Last edited:

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the PS4 version will already be patched with the subtitles for the bonus stuff. Intending to get the game on release.

OP
OP
Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Izanagi Games posted an update concerning the PS4 version. Apparently they failed the lot check and SONY QA flagged some issues that they have to fix in the game.
The release on October 15th will have to be postponed, and there's no new date confirmed - that will probably depend on how long they take to fix the issue. I'll update the OP with the new date when they announce it.

Source (Gematsu)

OP
OP
Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Bump!

The PS4 version has a new updated release date, the game will now come to PS4 on November 12th!

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Playing it on PS4 right now, and I'm enjoying it, but.. does the Minoken News stuff just not have any video? I just get a black screen, people talking, and subtitles.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is the FMV in 4K on PS4?

I'll buy it there if so - the presumably low res on the video is one of the things that made me hold off on the Switch version

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Aaaaaand the trophies don't seem to be present on PSN so it makes syncing take forever.

This probably needed even more time in the oven.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It absolutely has video, on Switch it works fine. Damn, disappointing to hear that the PS4 port is buggy.

It seems like exiting the game and watching them from the main menu instead cleared it up.

It happens with some new games during the first few days or weeks. It'll get sorted out in time.

Yep! Thankfully they showed up this morning. No platinum, though. :(

Finished the game. It was short, I liked some aspects of it, and it was entertaining at the time, but the writing isn't nearly what I expected from the Danganronpa guy.

Maybe I'm just spoiled for twists and concepts after 13 Sentinels.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game after wanting to play it since it was announced.

How did I follow this game so close and didn't notice Chiaki Kuriyama was the lead actress? She's my favorite actress and to find her right at the beginning was a huge surprise to me.

Despite being short, I really enjoyed it. I hope at some point we get a physical release, whether it's from NIS America, Limited Run Games or another company.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
30% off on all platforms until September 1st

Anyone know what resolution the video is at on PS4 (Pro)? Trying to decide where to buy it (finally).