• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Joe Biden Tops Donald Trump In TV Viewership For First Night Of Convention

The first night of the Republican Convention lagged the first night of the Democratic gathering.

The first night of the Republican National Convention drew 15.8 million viewers across six networks, a significant falloff from the 18.7 million who tuned in to the Democratic National Convention's debut evening.

The figures are early numbers from Nielsen and were released by Fox News and CNN. The total viewership number also is a drop of about 30% from the viewers who tuned in to the first night of the Republican convention in 2016.

Obvious fake news, how much of the ratting were self flogging democrats, and other people on the left?

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
We don't need to watch Trump because we know he is doing a great job. 😎😏🤣

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ratings are basically the only thing Trump cares about so this will hurt him a LOT.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Still disturbing how close the numbers are. In a sane world, a tiny number of people would pay any attention to any of this shit.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
That's gonna grind some gears.

This week - while also full of tragedies - is providing some schadenfreude at Trump's expense.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
oh weird. id've thought that more people would want to watch a shit show.

i cant imagine trumps speech will be lower than biden's though.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Very interesting, I'm quite surprised by these numbers actually. I would've imagined that Trump would've pulled larger numbers on account of both his base and those outside of the Republican voting bloc tuning in for the spectacular shitshow that was the RNC.

Probably a good indicator of momentum for Biden's campaign that Trump's is lacking.

The figures are early numbers from Nielsen and were released by Fox News and CNN. The total viewership number also is a drop of about 30% from the viewers who tuned in to the first night of the Republican convention in 2016.

Holy shit.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Is he going to say Nielsen installed more meters in Democrat households and uninstalled meters from republican households?
He's going to say the numbers were so high you wouldn't believe. Numbers, numbers people have never seen before. But then CNN cut out of his speech early and aren't reporting the real numbers like everyone knows. Total fake news.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
There is no doubt the memes from the RNC are far superior than anything that came out of the DNC.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
It's very, very sad to know that this will actually wound him to his core. Something as pointless as TV ratings.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I bet part of it is convention fatigue in general. It was a good thing the dems went first.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I fundamentally think that the number 1 reason that Trump will lose this year is because most people are simply exhausted with him, so this checks out.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
lol ratings is one of the ways to truly make trump feel small, it's one of the few things he understands

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
And that's without streaming. No Rethuglican old people even know how to use a computer so I'm sure the streaming number was just NASTY and the WORST and so mean.

Oct 27, 2017
The cultists have already created a different reality and have grasped on to the CSPAN viewer numbers which supposedly were higher for the RNC than the DNC. I don't care one way or the other so I am certainly not going to ground-truth any of the claims

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Beyond just TV ratings, I look forward to Biden's inauguration drawing a bigger crowd than Trump's even with social distancing rules in place

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't particularly like making myself upset. It's not even like "knowing your enemy" or anything. They're just gonna go off about lies and nonsense, so why even tune in? Didn't watch much of the dem convention, either, but I'm not a dem.
Hey if i wanted to be call a nigger i would just play a online game with my mike on