• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Bought it yesterday, kinda want a open world zombie game.

I'm not usually into open world games but it sure is pretty.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Even the quoted tweet has a Or at least in terms of Day 1.
Yes, and the thread title says SO FAR as well.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, it's a gorgeous looking open world game that got decent scores with zombies. With the way people talk be like it's it was getting all straight 5s across the board or something.

If I strictly went for scores in the high end I would have done a diservice to myself missing out on games like Dying Light and Until Dawn that scored in the 70s too.
Dying Light scoring in the low 70's still baffles me.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even The Order 1886 sold rather well, it's pretty evident a large portion of PS4 owners are loyal supportive.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was there even a possibility that the reviews would have such a high impact so close to release? I heard the game had marketing since weeks so I think that's more of importance. More interesting will be long term sales and wom.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
Not suprised, if it's going to have an impact I imagine it will be in terms of its legs. Hope the game does really well for Bemd regardless.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I mean is there any good data out there where we can see how much high review scores correlate with sales? I can see marketing having a big impact on sales which Days Gone has had in spades. I saw DG everywhere in my country the week before launch.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It's a zombie game.

And it's a PS4 exclusive.

Game could have been completely hot garbage and still sold well.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Reliable source: sales are doing well on day 1, similiar sell through to mk11

Reaction (of some): yeah well if it were a better game (scored better) it would have sold more!

I have literally never seen that reaction before. What is it about this game that people hate so much?
Also I can't believe people thought it wouldn't sell well based off of middling reviews. The walking dead has been far worse than middling for many years now and no one gives a shit, it's zombies

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean is there any good data out there where we can see how much high review scores correlate with sales? I can see marketing having a big impact on sales which Days Gone has had in spades. I saw DG everywhere in my country the week before launch.
Yes, a game like God of War saw pre-orders spike in the last week owing to the high reviews, and Breath of the Wild's critical reception is considered to have driven adoption of Switch for the first few weeks.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like other than story, which is a big thing of course, almost all of the complaints i keep hearing from Streamers and critics sound like technical things or UI/loading things that could actually be fixed. So let's hope their success means they actually put effort into fixing stuff.

Turns out normal people don't give a fuck about reviews.

The embargo has a lot to do with it. I was basically forced into my copy from Amazon because i couldnt cancel the preorder in time.

Cess007

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Most likely people were complete shits to him.

edit: Wait, he didn't leave he posted on Monday.

He quit on Wednesday: https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1121088246832881664

Fair enough. Not sure Twitter is the place to avoid that kind of behavior but alright. His knowledge was always appreciated.

I guess on twitter he can always block and tell people to go away (to put it kindly) if they don't like what he has to say without the risk of being banned

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
How can actual sales be damage control. Isn't damage control around sales purposeful obfuscation via nonsensical measurements. "68 million shot fired" or "X million players" while omitting the fact that you can play the game for free or $1.00 for a 1 month.

Let's not start with the console war now.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
User warned: vilifying media outlet
Easy Allies review is the best one and the game is good, not below avarage or avarage. Glad to hear it sold and hopefully it will continue to do so.

On a side note, f*ck gamespot and the whole staff that works there, it has been a joke sine 4 years ago.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I never realized, until it was brought up in the Days Gone review thread, that Dying Light only had a 74/75 Metacritic.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Reliable source: sales are doing well on day 1, similiar sell through to mk11

Reaction (of some): yeah well if it were a better game (scored better) it would have sold more!

I have literally never seen that reaction before. What is it about this game that people hate so much?
Also I can't believe people thought it wouldn't sell well based off of middling reviews. The walking dead has been far worse than middling for many years now and no one gives a shit, it's zombies

Reaction here is more of 'the game is good, but not great', 'we saw it selling well at least at first', and 'let's see the legs'.

Feb 23, 2019
Glad that the sales are strong, hopefully good word of mouth keeps the momentum up.

The game is pretty damn awesome and I'm having just as much fun if not more fun than I did with Spidey and Horizon.

Shocked by how good it is after all the critical reviews, mainly just a few prominent outliers with absurdly low scores.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
How do you know that good reviews wouldn't have boosted sales? Literally nobody thought that this game will bomb.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I'm having a pretty good time with it, glad to hear it's selling well! They put a lot into the marketing push. It's definitely one of those games Era loves to hate to an annoying degree, the review thread was a shitshow.

I hope they have the success to keep going forward with more games, whether it be Days Gone 2 or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.