• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
My hopes were high, my expectations not so much...but this is even worse than that. Such a shame.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like just a decent game. I've never been particularly interested in it and didn't plan to buy it but mainly because of the genre. I hope it's a commercial success anyway so that Bend can learn from it and make a better game next time.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll eat crow, I thought it would score higher but here we are. That being said, I was never super invested in it because it was a game that never appealed to me on a personal level.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaan. I'm considering canceling my preorder and moving it to Rage 2 instead. It's just looking like this should be a "wait for a sale" type of game.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I knew Deacon would be a low point for this game, everything about him just seems so generic and okay. The game will still probably sell well and it's not getting enough low scores to be comparable to Crackdown 3 rating yet but I see people are already comparing them.

Trevelyon

Oct 30, 2017
Always seemed like a game waaaaaay out of place in the year 2019. Like, a game clearly made by committee who thought The Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy would be a great pairing in 2014/15 when those two series were still resonating with people but the game didn't eventuate till this year.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Well, since my preorder is already on the way, I guess I'll just platinum it and trade it in then. Too bad, I was hoping for another Sony blockbuster :'(

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always feel bad for all the people that worked so hard on the game with days like this. It must be a nail biting experience to see what reviews your hard worked game is going to get. You then open up metacritic, twitter, era and see the game getting mediocre to low scores for the most part. It must tear people apart.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
THIS

A 7 isn't bad and can still be a good experience but there are sooooo many games out there that have better critics.
So why invest time and money to games that aren't as good?
Because review scores mean nothing at all. People enjoy different things for different reasons. Don't be so obsessed with a number.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, no one predicted these scores.

Alot of us did, it looked quite dull when they first showed it, and no material that came later changed that opinion. Honestly getting the same vibes from Ghost of Tsushima too, but it's unfair to make up my mind on that at the moment.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
"Looks like Deacon is about to pull another Arthur Morgan"

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😂 😂 😂

Real talk though, Bend are talented as fuck. Sad to see their efforts wasted on some boring zombie game. Bring on Syphon Filter next gen.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Bend should have gone another way, it is uncomfortably close to TLoU

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood the hype here for this game. People were predicting millions sold. It looks so unappealing.

Looks like the reviews are verifying my suspicions.

Its still going to sell millions. Like a lot of them. A game doesn't actually have to be good to do that (and of course just because a game is good doesn't mean it will sell). A large swath of folks are tired of zombies but there are a LOT of people who aren't and there really haven't been that many games that have catered to that audience lately.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Regarding the slaves thing:

Deacon sold people off to a "work camp" off-screen before the game started. Most characters who knew him from before give him shit for it. During the course of the game, he brings one more person to said camp, but that person ends up escaping and getting captured. Deacon then rescues said person and brings them to a different camp.

Deacon definitely does some shit that goes unpunished, and the game spends a lot of time trying to teach him lessons only to prove that he was right from the get-go; but it makes it abundantly clear that the slave shit was straight-up bad.

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017
I always feel bad for all the people that worked so hard on the game with days like this. It must be a nail biting experience to see what reviews your hard worked game is going to get. You then open up metacritic, twitter, era and see the game getting mediocre to low scores for the most part. It must tear people apart.

Yup, I hope at least sells well.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the slaves thing:

Deacon sold people off to a "work camp" off-screen before the game started. Most characters who knew him from before give him shit for it. During the course of the game, he brings one more person to said camp, but that person ends up escaping and getting captured. Deacon then rescues said person and brings them to a different camp.
What the fuck. What?