• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Probably in the 70s, the game looks great but it honestly seems to have very archaic mechanics and ideas overall.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I really enjoyed Days Gone in the end. There's a moreish nature to the gameplay loop that's kept me thinking about it even when I've not been playing, and I enjoy the survival horror aspects a lot. Good game.

Days Gone PS4 Review

Days Gone's survival horror underbelly gives it just enough personality to distance it from the dozens of other open worlders already available. A dense selection of overlapping gameplay mechanics make for entertaining action, even if the title's unremarkable mission design doesn't always make the best of them. The story can drift, and the overall package isn't quite as polished as its PS4 exclusive counterparts – but as far as gaming comfort food goes, you could feast on much worse snacks than this.

https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/days_gone

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
What's the strongest aspect of it and is it the story?
It's not the story. It's the characters themselves. Horde battles and the general scarcity of resources are some of its strongest aspects as well.

What is the biggest downside of the game, in your opnion?
Mission design is very limited in its scope. Most objectives fit neatly within three limited "templates", and repeat throughout the entire game. The shooting is also not great.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Our review: https://www.nextgenbase.com/days-gone-review/

8.5/10

Video version:

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much at all from it, but it surprised me. Everything about it seemed so generic from the preview stuff, but it somehow managed to suck me in. Loading times are a bit of a bitch on the standard PS4, and the frame rate can be a bit iffy at times, but it's a solid game. Really enjoyed my time with it - the hordes are something else, do NOT attempt them until you're kitted out for it!!

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not the story. It's the characters themselves. Horde battles and the general scarcity of resources are some of its strongest aspects as well.

Mission design is very limited in its scope. Most objectives fit neatly within three limited "templates", and repeat throughout the entire game. The shooting is also not great.

Very sad to hear about that last part.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cross-posting my first impressions from the OT:

"So, got the game yesterday and got about an hour in just to get a feel for it.

It's so-so.

The controls feel very sluggish. I don't know if it's a matter of stick deadzone or acceleration or whatever, but it's got Killzone 2 syndrome. I didn't mind it in TLOU too much, but that may have been down to overall technical smoothness, which Days Gone also doesn't quite have.

On a technical aspect, the graphics are gorgeous. Very detailed environments and characters, reminiscent of the TLOUP2 gameplay reveal, but again, not without hitches. The absence of a performance mode means you're stuck with a not-so-great 30fps - there's a strange jitteriness to it when you pan the camera to line up shots or just look around that hurt the eyes. Also, no motion blur toggle, which sucks.

This game is definitely a Naughty Dog-derivative, which makes its flaws stand out more to me. Certain cutscenes feel like they should lead into a gameplay segment (maybe they did at some point), but it's just one long in-engine cutscene. That means awkward pauses for load screens in between non-playable scenes. Like, if it's not a playable intro, why not hide the loading screen behind a prerendered cutscene? Some cutscenes lead straight into Deacon's back, like it's going to transition into gameplay, but it doesn't. The screen goes black, loads a bit, then it's go time. It's little details like that that make the game's presentation and first impression feel less-than-stellar. "

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Well 3 templates are better than just one like RDR2 and that game is sitting at 97 MC :P