• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's funny how half the time I couldn't stand his bits but he undoubtedly brought some great ideas and content to GB since his time there. Best of luck to him!

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
And the slow descend of Giant Bomb continues for me... i find myself going there less and less. The moment Vinny leaves it's gonna be it for me.

I wish him luck on his new endeavor, he gave me great hours of fun this last years.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Happy for Dan but Giant Bomb has been dying for like over a decade now according to folks

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Love watching the content put out by GB East and I love Dan, it will never be the same again and I can't think of a nicer compliment.

Oct 27, 2017
Hah! Both Dan and Austin work in and around The New Day, that's amazing.

Massive respect to Dan for getting out of the industry. When you do a single thing for so long it's the hardest choice to walk away and find something new. Probably the right call for him at this point considering he wants to start a family. Enjoy that house you're clearly going to stumble into without any effort!

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Hope they get in someone as excited to play and show off games old and new in silly video series, and maybe someone as excited about Zelda too

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man that sucks. I always liked Dan because he brought an energy to all the content he was a part of on the site.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man. Dan's such a funny guy and fits in well with the crew. Gonna suck not having him around, but I hope everything goes well with his endeavors elsewhere.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Man, coming out of a bummer of a GOTY this is the last thing I want to read. I'm sure he's making the right decision for himself, just sucks for my selfish "I like my podcast the way it is" reasoning

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Glad he's going on to do something he loves! I'm sure he'll still be on stuff, too. Not like Austin never shows up these days.

Kind of a bummer we never did get a Hitsmas for GotY 2019 though, that'd have been a great send-off. That or Sonic Shuffle Shuffle.

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK NO.

GB just lost like 50% of it's energy :/

I think you're selling him short. He was more than 50% of their energy. Literally everyone else on the site is distinctly low energy, except for when we get some flashes of Vintage Jeff. There's nothing wrong with being a chill dude, but they definitely need someone who can come in and stir things up like Dan did.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Man, coming out of a bummer of a GOTY this is the last thing I want to read. I'm sure he's making the right decision for himself, just sucks for my selfish "I like my podcast the way it is" reasoning

I share that feeling. I am happy for him but Giant Bomb is definitely no longer on a trajectory I am excited for.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense since GB pretty much said no wrestling talk.:)

He brought fun to Giant Bomb but I feel this is probably the right time for him to go and enjoy himself. The rest of the GB crew seems to be drifting down a more serious and perhaps duller path. He once suited them well but it gets less each year.

Last edited:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
End of an era for the site. Absolute bonkers. I hope he does well with the WWE, but I'm really gonna miss him on the site. Another massive hole to fill.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Oh darn, I knew something was up when I loaded up the Beastcast and he was hosting. I'm a recent subscriber, only been watching an listening to their content for a few months, and while I like all the Giant Bomb personalities, I feel like Dan was definitely the "best" one. The East will definitely be fine without him (especially with the occasional help of Backalar and Mahardy), but it won't be the same at all.

In addition to his general energy and craziness, as a Nintendo fan, I always appreciated his deep love for and knowledge about their games. But we also had similar tastes on other games, like how Bloodstained was (almost) our personal game of the year last year.

Here's hoping he has fun in his future endeavors, and shows up as a guest from time to time.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
If this is just a career decision and not something sad...

dzyrUl2.gif
I've liked Dan but i'm fine with this. Best of luck in your future endeavors
Whether you liked Dan or not, you can't deny what he did for the site:
metal gear scanlon
mario party party
demo derby
hitman
film&40s
steal my sunshine
this is the run
shenmue endurance run
winter games
get on my level
all systems goku
danswers
ryckertcasts

Going to be near impossible to fill the hole he leaves.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, been following him since he was at Game Informer. Wish him the best in the future!

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
metal gear scanlon
mario party party
demo derby
hitman
film&40s
steal my sunshine
this is the run
shenmue endurance run
winter games
get on my level
all systems goku
danswers
ryckertcasts

Yes, GB literally didn't exist before Dan joined....... christ.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
metal gear scanlon
mario party party
demo derby
hitman
film&40s
steal my sunshine
this is the run
shenmue endurance run
winter games
get on my level
all systems goku
danswers
ryckertcasts

Damn when you list it out like that, he has been instrumental to Giant Bomb. This loss probably leaves as big a hole as when Ryan passed.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Well this sucks, he always added something even if it was contentious. Intrigued to see who they get next though...

Oct 27, 2017
metal gear scanlon
mario party party
demo derby
hitman
film&40s
steal my sunshine
this is the run
shenmue endurance run
winter games
get on my level
all systems goku
danswers
ryckertcasts

I was watching a previous Winter Games after the disappointing GOTY videos this year, and there was a part of the video when Dan tried deferring to Jeff about something, to which Jeff responded "I don't know, this is your fucking show, man!"

And it hit me then, how most everything fun they've done for a while now was probably because of him, directly or indirectly.

Him not being fully committed this past little while might help explain why the videos were particularly lackluster this year.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a shitty fucking thing to wake up to. I'm not going to say east is going to turn to shit suddenly as the rest of the east staff does a great job as well but it's going to be incredibly difficult to replace him. I am going to miss The Run so damn much. Even if it continues with someone else it won't be the same. He truly picked up the torch Ryan left with his passing.

At least I got a good reminder I'm not a cunt, saying things like good riddance. That feels nice.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
i dont watch much gb (or much of anything game related) these days but dan really became a core piece of the of the team very quickly and the site will feel a bit weird without him.