• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I should say good luck too in case the old basket case happens across the thread. Been too many laughs to count over the years and Dan's writings and sentiment around anxiety have helped me a lot in dealing with my own. So long and thanks for all the snake, ya big goober.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
what the hell?

Man good luck to him his enthusiasm for games will be missed especially during Nintendo directs.

Fuck this is a huge blow to the east coast.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Dan has been the best thing on GB for a very long time and I really don't know what they do without him. West has never recovered from him leaving and East just isn't the same when he's not there

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Devastating news. Dan is a huge part of what makes Giant Bomb great. I'm really glad that he's doing well for himself and presumably moving on to better things, but am absolutely gutted he's leaving. Will be sorely missed.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Damn... That sucks. Dan brought a positive chaos element to the team that was funny and fun. Kind of revitalized the whole team.
Where is he headed?

Oct 27, 2017
I've realized over the past year or so how integral Dan has been to everything I've enjoyed about that website for quite a while. I'm genuinely worried about what their output will look without him. But judging by the comments I've seen, it looks like he's heading further into a career in wrestling (?) and I couldn't be more happy for him.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Stepping away from video games entirely.

I hope it's nothing bad personally that has made him do this and instead is a conscious career choice.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dan brought me back into Giant Bomb. Goddamn shame he's leaving.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Well that sucks. Already feel like the west coast content doesn't interest me that much, and without Dan the east coast content will also be a lot less interesting to me. Don't know if I will keep my sub tbh.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
The man was as important to GB as any of the main crew when the site first started. In my view, Dan played an important role in picking GB back up after Ryan's passing and shaping the kind of content they created in the many years after. He did good work and he'll be missed.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Big loss for the site. He brought a lot of energy and came up with a lot of fun features. Curious to see what his next venture is, and wish him the best.

Equally curious to see what GBEast does next.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Part of me is very happy we're getting less wrestling talk, but a way bigger part of me is going to miss his energy so much. Genuinely lived and breathed videogames.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's a good guy, everyone from the site is great to be perfectly honest.

It's a loss for sure but I'm happy he's moving on to something better for himself.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little bit of both. We had a producer, which was Emilio Sparks, but it's now Dan Ryckert going forward. They'll give us a sheet, almost like a guide, and we sometimes go off that and other times we don't and just kinda go off on our own. That's why it feels so natural because it's just us talking. I think eventually down the line we'll open it up and have people send us questions and topics they want to hear [us] discuss, and we'll be more than happy to discuss it. But it's like a skeleton and then we go from there.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Damn, Dan got me into GB and I've always enjoyed his positivity. I hope he's going somewhere he'll really enjoy.

PerilousTech

Jun 4, 2018
Man my heart dropped when I read the thread title, listening to the latest Beastcast right now. Giant Bomb will forever earn my premium, but his energy will be missed. Best of luck Dan.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
I've gradually stopped watching Giant Bomb content almost completely this last year. Maybe Dan and I share a common growing disinterest.

Interested to see what he does next, but if it's wrestling than obvs I don't care but good luck to him regardless.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
Genuinely feels like the last spark of life and energy leaving the site :( He could be annoying as fuck but he cared so much about making what he did good and fun.

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
Our little Dan has all grown up. Did he ever get that mortgage for his soon to be home? I really enjoy(ed) him and Vinny's content and a lot of the premium features were only came to fruition because of him. What a blow but looking at what he's done recently, even with Panning the Stream podcast, I always did see him doing less video game stuff, and now he's gonna go full time on Anime and Wrestling.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
This motherfucker is legit one step away to WWE, good lord the audacity.

Dude was the best and brought much needed energy to Giant Bomb when it was sorely needed.

Last edited:

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
'Kojima unleashed' broke Dan Ryckert and made him hate all videogames... what a shame.

In all seriousness, Dan was a real asset to GBE (and GBW) and I'll miss seeing and hearing him in the shows. Must be hard to step away from what he's referred to as his dream job.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I stopped watching when Dan joined. Maybe I can actually get back into their content. Nothing against him just don't like his style.