• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The monowire is neat, but speaking as someone who made a stealth/monowire build (body/cool), its hitbox is all over the place. The "strong" attack will consistently hit whatever's in front of you, but even after using the monowire for most combat encounters throughout the game I would find myself inexplicably missing someone right in front of me with the quick attack.

It's still really powerful, though, particularly in conjunction with the blunt perks like stun.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
One thing the game doesn't really drive home is that there are quests from people that will randomly call you. I know it incentivizes multiple playthrus and gives an "organic" feeling but man the game could give a little heads up that there are random phone calls. Lol

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
GOG just randomly installed an update for the game. Nothing on the news section

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
New hotfix was released:

HOTFIX 1.11
January 28, 2021
Hotfix 1.11 is available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

This update addresses two issues that appeared after Patch 1.1:
  • Item randomization has been restored to the previous state.
The save/load loot exploit will be investigated further.
  • A bug in Down on the Street quest has been fixed.
It occurred for some players during a holocall with Takemura, when using a save made on version 1.06 with Down on the Street quest in progress at "Wait For Takemura's call" objective. After loading such a save on version 1.1, the holocall would lack dialogue options and block interactions with other NPCs.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
New hotfix was released:

HOTFIX 1.11
January 28, 2021

So they put a bug back IN the game on purpose? 🤔
I mean it seems the big complaint on the item randomization thing was that you could get legendary items to spawn with only one mod slot instead of 3 making the item less useful than an epic of the same variety and locking the player out of "the best gear" when only one of said item spawns.

So why not just fix it so that legendary items always have max Mod slots instead of making it so that game regenerates loot stats on the ground when loading a save state? 🤔

Am I missing something?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
New hotfix was released:

HOTFIX 1.11
January 28, 2021

• A bug in Down on the Street quest has been fixed.
It occurred for some players during a holocall with Takemura, when using a save made on version 1.06 with Down on the Street quest in progress at "Wait For Takemura's call" objective. After loading such a save on version 1.1, the holocall would lack dialogue options and block interactions with other NPCs.
Woot, I can finally continue my playthrough.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I mean it seems the big complaint on the item randomization thing was that you could get legendary items to spawn with only one mod slot instead of 3 making the item less useful than an epic of the same variety and locking the player out of "the best gear" when only one of said item spawns.

So why not just fix it so that legendary items always have max Mod slots instead of making it so that game regenerates loot stats on the ground when loading a save state? 🤔

Am I missing something?

I wouldn't presume that legendaries are supposed to drop with max mod slots unless CDPR explicitly says so. My understanding is that the intended behavior was what they patched into 1.1, but the blowback from the community was so great that they reverted it. They need to extend as many olive branches to what little community they have left as they possibly can, obviously.

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Am I missing something?

I didn't even realize that. I already have a bone to pick with the loot system, which is that you can screw yourself by finding legendary gear too early in the game, because it doesn't scale with your level without a ton of upgrade investments. And for cyberware, there's just no way to upgrade at all. I picked up the legendary monowire very early in the game (yay!), only to find that after some leveling it was worse than the default option you can buy from the crappiest ripperdocs.

At that point I got annoyed and used console commands to edit myself a new, level-appropriate legendary monowire, but it's not ideal to be forced to cheat (and obviously that's not available on console). It's not a great system.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even realize that. I already have a bone to pick with the loot system, which is that you can screw yourself by finding legendary gear too early in the game, because it doesn't scale with your level without a ton of upgrade investments. And for cyberware, there's just no way to upgrade at all. I picked up the legendary monowire very early in the game (yay!), only to find that after some leveling it was worse than the default option you can buy from the crappiest ripperdocs.

At that point I got annoyed and used console commands to edit myself a new, level-appropriate legendary monowire, but it's not ideal to be forced to cheat (and obviously that's not available on console). It's not a great system.

Wait seriously??? FFF— I just looted that legendary mono wire last night! Dammit! 😡

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait seriously??? FFF— I just looted that legendary mono wire last night! Dammit! 😡

Yeah... For what it's worth, I think at least a couple ripperdocs sell epic versions that are very good and have more or less the same number of mod slots (I think I only found two usable monowire mods anyway), so you can probably replace it that way eventually. Also, the combat only gets easier as you level and your build takes shape, so outside of OCD worries about being "optimal" (which I share), it won't seriously impact your experience.

All and all, it may be better to get it earlier, just because that's when the combat is the most challenging. Also, maybe I'm wrong, and there's a way to get another legendary version later? I didn't find one, though.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... For what it's worth, I think at least a couple ripperdocs sell epic versions that are very good and have more or less the same number of mod slots (I think I only found two usable monowire mods anyway), so you can probably replace it that way eventually. Also, the combat only gets easier as you level and your build takes shape, so outside of OCD worries about being "optimal" (which I share), it won't seriously impact your experience.

All and all, it may be better to get it earlier, just because that's when the combat is the most challenging. Also, maybe I'm wrong, and there's a way to get another legendary version later? I didn't find one, though.

I mean, I wasn't really planning on using it anyway, but I do like the idea of being fully kitted out in legendary items by the end of the game.

Oddly enough, I looted an iconic handgun "Lizzy" super early into Act 2 at the Mox's bar and it's still 10+ hours later the highest DPS option I have by a lot.... so between that and hacking the game hasn't been TOO challenging on Very Hard.

though uh... getting through the mall in Walk the Line without being 100% stealth resulted in more deaths and reloads than I'm comfortable admitting so... slooooow stealthiness for 1.5 hours it was.

Edit: I would also like to add that I feel like armor in this game is very much like Bloodborne, for show only. I've used the best armor I've had available and been completely torn up in seconds by enemies.

So I've embraced the cyberpunk mantra "style over substance". My V has never looked goofy since the decision. No dumb grandpa hat. No samurai mask covering her face. No 65 armor puffer vest and 30 armor booty shorts that look dumb when I have 50 armor tactical vest and 25 armor military style pants that look cooler.

And outside of that one mission, I haven't found I've been dying more to the decision and my mind is at ease knowing V isn't needlessly showing her ass off to everyone in booty shorts for some armor stat that seems not to matter on Very Hard difficultly.

Last edited:

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oddly enough, I looted an iconic handgun "Lizzy" super early into Act 2 at the Mox's bar and it's still 10+ hours later the highest DPS option I have by a lot.... so between that and hacking the game hasn't been TOO challenging on Very Hard.

I think Lizzy may be the best gun in the game, particularly if you dump a bunch of resources into upgrading it.

For what it's worth, a fun/overpowered build if you're investing in hacking is Lizzy (or any very high rate-of-fire gun) + critical % stuff + the legendary shock quickhack that has the passive side effect of applying its low-level effect on every critical. Hacking is stupidly broken in a bunch of ways, though - lots to choose from. Legendary ping more or less trivializes the game.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Update on Steam was about 1gb, but on Xbox is what almost 13gb! Seems awfully high for those simple fixes. Wonder if there were some other "under the hood" stuff with the console patch?

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Update on Steam was about 1gb, but on Xbox is what almost 13gb! Seems awfully high for those simple fixes. Wonder if there were some other "under the hood" stuff with the console patch?

The way I understand how libraries on the Xbox work vs PC is that on Xbox games can be compiled into very large pageable files...so if the bug fix is in one of those large files, the whole thing has to be swapped out whereas on the PC the game is made up of smaller individual files can be changed in and out with more granularity.

Avantgarde

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is that supposed to be the 'good' ending? I thought it was sad as fuck. Beautiful and sad.
First doing that horrible thing to Johnny, who had become my friend eventually, and then Panam's end credits message that sounds like they broke up? Who in the hell would break up with someone in V's condition?

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Are burritos normally considered disgusting by CD project red, or in europe? Is that why it's the only food widely advertised in vending machines in this gross dystopian city where everything is bad?

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I've seen videos of people who can jump insanely high and move between rooftops and stuff like that. How do I make a build like that? Any general tips? I'm overwhelmed with the amount of options this game has.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
I've seen videos of people who can jump insanely high and move between rooftops and stuff like that. How do I make a build like that? Any general tips? I'm overwhelmed with the amount of options this game has.
Probably the double jump enhancement or the hover jump enhancement.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017

There's explanations on YouTube.
The gist is your equip the Kerenzikov cyber ware which slows down time when you dodge to exploit the physics system into thinking V has more momentum than they do during a jump. There's apparently some timing to it... I haven't been able to pull it off yet.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

Patch 1.02 vs 1.10

Base PS4:
- Image is a lot sharper, clearer.
- Framerate is improved, but still sub-30 a lot of times.

Xbox One:
- Pretty much the same as before (i.e., not good)

On all platforms:
- OMG look at all these bugs!!!

Plum

May 31, 2018
After thinking about the ending for a bit, I'm honestly baffled as to how they decided to frame the 'big choice' you get.
Why is it that, in the endings where you 1) storm Arasaka tower and 2) keep your body, your choice as to who you take with you into Arasaka is the sole determining factor for V's entire life-goals after getting their body back?

You can only join the Aldecaldos if you choose to bring them along to Arasaka Tower.
You can only become Monarch of the Afterlife if you storm Arasaka as Johnny w/Rogue or by yourself.

It basically forces an ending on you that you might not have wanted based on a decision made with very little context. Personally it meant that the game interpreted my thought process of "I'm a literal god at this point, might as well go in myself and not risk getting any of the characters I've grown to like killed," as me wanting my V to end up alone and obsessed with nothing but money, power and legacy to keep them company.

What makes it more silly to me is that the ending where you side with the soulless Corporation gives you more freedom to determine your fate than the endings where you fight for your freedom against said soulless Corporation. A V who singlehandedly takes down Arasaka, kills Adam Smasher and takes their body back is locked into Night City forever whilst a V who chooses the Devil ending can walk away from said "deal with the Devil," with no negative consequences. You're not allowed an ending where you become a legend, but decide to leave it all behind anyway; or an ending where you use your family as a stepping stone towards greatness.

I suppose it just baffles me that a game that is all about deciding what one wants out of the life they fight for does not let one decide what they want out of the life they fought for

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I hate how the performance on this game degrades over time when playing long sessions.

Check out this performance after 3-4 hours of playing: (at 1440p, DLSS quality, DF's recommended settings, RT off)

Fzinald.jpg

So I close the game, reload the save and:

lxGJimj.jpg

30 FPS out of nowhere. THIRTY FRAMES PER SECOND MORE BY RESTARTING THE GAME!!!!

How is the performance degradation over time still this bad on version 1.11?

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Just finished all the endings and god I love this game even with all its faults. Can't wait to replay it when the next gen patch hits !

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Was there any official mention of this either in the Nvidia driver release notes or elsewhere? I can't find anything about it.
Freestyle and Ansel support added for 38 games with the latest Game Ready Driver including:

Amnesia Rebirth, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Crossfire HD, Cyberpunk 2077, DiRT 5, DRAGON QUEST XI S, Edge of Eternity, Empire of Sin, Enlisted, Eternal Return: Black Survival, Fault, FIFA 21, Football Manager 2021, Forza Horizon 4, Godfall, Immortals Fenyx Rising Demo, Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Medieval Dynasty, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, Path Of Wuxia, Phasmophobia, Port Royale 4, Pumpkin Jack, QQ Dance, Ready Or Not, RIDE 4, Second Extinction, Soda Dungeon 2, Spellbreak, Spelunky 2, Star Renegades, Surgeon Simulator 2, Teardown, The Medium, Watch Dogs: Legion, Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, Yuan Shen (Genshin Impact).
What's new in GeForce Experience 3.21.0 (nvidia.com)

GameOver

Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys! I just registered and this is my first post lol.

There is a GIG that I completed but for some reason Wakako didn't call me when the GIG was done and now I have the GIG as unfinished but there is nothing else to do. I tried power cycling the Series X but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having way too much fun with the photo mode in this game. You can make some really good looking stuff when the resolution/lighting behaves on XOne X. In some of my shots the resolution drops are too much or the lighting will pick up on V's hair and ends up extremely pixelated.

On another note, can we talk about...

Gary the Prophet
I just did his quest line where
Gary reveals necromancers or whatever are talking to the chip in his head and sends you to an old factory to see what's up and you find a bunch of Maelstrom and a strange chip only to return to Gary and find him abducted with no way to return him.

I think the dialogue between Johnny and V on that quest is some of my favorite so far. I chuckled too many times.

Y'all think Gary is a prophet for CDPR's next game or is he just talking about the Witcher III?

The worst thing about this game is that all I want to do is play it/discuss it but literally none of my friends are interested in playing the game or if they are they're on base XOne and just I can't recommend that experience at all, and it seems like ResetEra has moved on for the most part, and Reddit just wants to meme the bugs.

Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having way too much fun with the photo mode in this game. You can make some really good looking stuff when the resolution/lighting behaves on XOne X. In some of my shots the resolution drops are too much or the lighting will pick up on V's hair and ends up extremely pixelated.

On another note, can we talk about...

Gary the Prophet
I just did his quest line where
Gary reveals necromancers or whatever are talking to the chip in his head and sends you to an old factory to see what's up and you find a bunch of Maelstrom and a strange chip only to return to Gary and find him abducted with no way to return him.

I think the dialogue between Johnny and V on that quest is some of my favorite so far. I chuckled too many times.

Y'all think Gary is a prophet for CDPR's next game or is he just talking about the Witcher III?

I just finished all the Gary stuff. Loved it.

I think some of what he was saying and the ending of his questline relates to a few other quests in the game (like Dream On and the Sandra Dorsett one) that all point to a big underlying story / conspiracy in Night City. Really hope it gets explored further in DLC.

Patchy

Oct 29, 2017
Started a Street Kid save after 100%ing my Nomad playthrough. Cool to see fixers you barely interact with as a Nomad feature more prominently in Street Kid.

Taking my time before going anywhere near The Heist - having a blast.

I only wish you could have a companion more often.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys! I just registered and this is my first post lol.

There is a GIG that I completed but for some reason Wakako didn't call me when the GIG was done and now I have the GIG as unfinished but there is nothing else to do. I tried power cycling the Series X but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried skipping 24 or 48 hours in game? That's caused a bunch of quests to progress for me. They weren't bugged, I just needed to wait longer. That or you could reload an earlier save and redo the mission... assuming you hand an earlier save to reload...

I just finished all the Gary stuff. Loved it.

I think some of what he was saying and the ending of his questline relates to a few other quests in the game (like Dream On and the Sandra Dorsett one) that all point to a big underlying story / conspiracy in Night City. Really hope it gets explored further in DLC.

I have not heard any of this. Tell me more. I thought Sandra Dorsette was a kind of stand alone thing. Like her abduction wasn't even related to her later quest?

I only wish you could have a companion more often.

I don't. Whenever I have a companion they're all like "V, come on. You comin' choom?"

And I'm always subconscious about making them wait because you know...
"Hold on friendo, I'm looking for more ashtrays, vinyl records and burritos lying around to sell..."

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I have not heard any of this. Tell me more. I thought Sandra Dorsette was a kind of stand alone thing. Like her abduction wasn't even related to her later quest?
Hard to say definitively to your last question but this Reddit thread goes through a lot of it

Basically it seems that Night Corp. or an AI that was formerly under Night Corp's control is potentially branching out from the experiments Sandra discovered and is trying to brainwash people of influence in Night City (such as Jefferson Peralez running for mayor). I've even seen it suggested that the cyberpsychosis cases in Night City could be failed experiments by Night Corp / their AI. Since the game stresses multiple times through dialogue and shards that no one really knows exactly why some people succumb to it and others don't. And part of the material Sandra uncovers describes "psychotic" behavior in some of the live experiments that sounds similar.

There are other neat hints sprinkled throughout the game. I came across the one at the mental hospital. It's a side gig to break someone out of it and on top of the hospital is the exact same type of line-of-sight transmitter that's on top of the Peralez's roof.