• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
How is Judy so perfect..

1091500_20201226030740_1.png

What's that one dream-poppy track that shows up on Pacific Dreams? 'Cuz that is so my jam.

This one?

Quantum Lovers - Isometric Air

If you happened to pick the right responses, the (ending spoiler)
Don't Fear the Reaper, in which you solo Arasaka Tower ending (if Johnny suggests it) is another 'somewhat' hopeful ending, where a new character shows up and offers you another job with the dangling carrot of having some other tech that could save you

I went back and reloaded to get the 'Path of Glory' ending.

As I've not found the right combination to get the secret ending. Stuck at 60%, and I think you need 70%, though given this game it could always be bugged. Might wait to see if there's a cheeky way to edit that eventually!

Anyway, given that Arasaka themselves even with every reason to help you couldn't find a way, Mr Blue Eyes gotta have some real deep connections to help! But narratively it makes the most sense. Real beautiful ending too this one, flying towards the Crystal Palace, look of determination on Uzz-V's face, becoming a real legend. Just meant Judy left.

The Aldecaldos endings is the only one in which Judy sticks around, but I somehow doubt they'll find something to save Uzz-V's life. Still, six months is more than a lot of people get.

Sweet Melancholia.

And with all the endings down, max level, max street cred, all the area achievements done, all the side quests done, and over 100 hours played, there's only some combat achievements and the cars to buy left. But I think I may be finished.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
There's quite a few things about this game that are flat puzzling

The inventory UI is a disaster.
Mouse cursor on console cause why not. And also you have to craft and sell every item 1 by 1. It takes forever to sell items cause of that. Also the UI can be laggy on console which makes it worse

Agreed. Same terrible design carried over from The Witcher games. Pages and pages of tiny boxes filled with useless inventory that we have to sell one at a time. And I don't get CDPR's huge list of different kinds of snacks, alcohol, and junk. In the Yakuza games, I can understand the product placement of real items (Yamazaki whiskey) and eateries (Ringer Hut, Ikinari Steak, etc) builds up player immersion. But CDPR goes overboard and none of the consumables and junk are memorable. And as you noted, the UI is very laggy.

Sep 7, 2018
Does anyone find throwing knives useful for stealth? I tried it once and it almost immediately alerted attention.

The only cars you can actually keep are the ones you buy through Fixers unfortunately. You can't even go to autoshop and change the paint of the purchased vehicles and yet there are multiple color variants of the AI driven pedestrian cars on the road.
That sucks.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
So early act 2 after a bd virtu they mentioned someone named Alt that I must have missed? I don't want to look anything up, but where did I miss their into?

Johnny mentioned it, I forgot when exactly, but it was really early on. He brought her up in really quick passing. It's easy not to recall it, especially if you spend hours in Act 1 and before starting that main quest in 2.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So early act 2 after a bd virtu they mentioned someone named Alt that I must have missed? I don't want to look anything up, but where did I miss their into?

Adding to the above

You learn everything you need to about her in the flashback mission 'Never Fade Away', which hits half way through Act 2.

Aug 4, 2020
Finished parade mission and Search and Destroy
Apparently Takemura can die in this one but I just double jumped my way back up and helped him out.
In Act 3 and getting close to the end but my map is still covered in gigs and sidequests. At level 27. Probably do Rogues sidequest and then finish the story. Also still haven't run into Kerrys questline yet. I've done Judy, Panam and River's questlines already.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I went back and reloaded to get the 'Path of Glory' ending.

As I've not found the right combination to get the secret ending. Stuck at 60%, and I think you need 70%, though given this game it could always be bugged. Might wait to see if there's a cheeky way to edit that eventually!

Anyway, given that Arasaka themselves even with every reason to help you couldn't find a way, Mr Blue Eyes gotta have some real deep connections to help! But narratively it makes the most sense. Real beautiful ending too this one, flying towards the Crystal Palace, look of determination on Uzz-V's face, becoming a real legend. Just meant Judy left.

The Aldecaldos endings is the only one in which Judy sticks around, but I somehow doubt they'll find something to save Uzz-V's life. Still, six months is more than a lot of people get.

This is just entirely me spitballing, but the character I mentioned earlier does actually show up as a G-man style 'cameo' earlier on in the game.

(Dream On Sidequest Spoilers)
When you're telling Jefferson that he's being brainwashed in the little park/bench area, you can see mr blue eyes in the distance on a balcony looking at you, and scan him to get his 'name', but you also can't shoot him, your character auto-puts the gun down.

So this may just be entirely me spitballing, but he may be related to Johnny's theory that the force controlling Jefferson is a remnant of a super AI (that was supposed to be locked behind the blackwall) hiding in NIght City that are controlling everything behind the scenes, and their tech DOES deal with the mind....

But we'll have to wait until any potential DLC does or doesn't address the endings to know for sure!

Sep 7, 2018
Damn, Panam, look good as hell. I can't figure out what are the right options to hook up with her. I keep reloading my save and trying different dialogue options.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
So just got my DE PS5. Have Cyberpunk on PS4 but since it got pulled I'm pretty sure it didn't show up in my game library.

Am I gonna have to PS4 to 5 data transfer and then download the ps5 version?

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am getting a bug with my tech rifle where I can no longer charge it or shoot if I am aiming. any idea how to fix it? It fixed itself once then happened again. I've tried unequipping it, ect and can't figure out how to get it out of this state.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Is there any consensus on what arm mod is the best, i have saved up to by one but i am not sure of wich one to pick.

Also has anyone found a rate of fire crafting schematic, i really want to speed up this awesome lmg i found.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Question on Evelyn.

Where's her grave exactly? I know Judy gives you the location, but it's not exactly marked on the map.

I don't think there actually is one...I looked around and couldn't find it and googling people were saying it wasn't there either.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any consensus on what arm mod is the best, i have saved up to by one but i am not sure of wich one to pick.

Best depends on your build - the 'best' one is the knockout-ammo grenade arm (it's either busted or bugged, and is a one-shot down on pretty much anything) - the blades and wire are going to be weaker than normal weapons after a certain level even with maxed attributes (around 20-25) due to how the scaling and perks work/apply, and the gorilla arms are fairly 'necessary' for the street brawl fights unless you cheat and drop a weapon right before the match starts, lol.

Gorilla arms are the only ones that 'default' to non-lethal if that matters to you.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Besides fast travel, how did you guys get around?
I'm disappointed in the bike physics , you can't even lean forward, pop a wheelie, very limited. I'm a big admirer of the cars though, love the designs and handling ain't that bad imo.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed in the bike physics , you can't even lean forward, pop a wheelie, very limited. I'm a big admirer of the cars though, love the designs and handling ain't that bad imo.

cars tend to be too big for the roads imho, I always end up running over tons of pedestrian.

Bike are more nimble.

But cars look so good

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I just have have Jackie's bike, do other bikes differ much?

not really. There's two version (one free one to buy) of an offroad bike that goes better in the badlands but Jackie's is the only one you need.

Then there's two version of the kuzanagi (akira's bike) one to buy, one custom to get in a quest.

And the basic Arch, the base model from Jackie to buy.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I like the sprint function, gives a good impression of you running without making you feel sick.

On console, well using the DS, the on-foot controls using the sticks feels great. Almost feels as it's meant to be played like that, or they put a ton of effort in getting it feel right, which makes sight seeing, exploration so enjoyable.

Oct 27, 2017
I really really disagree with the idea that having themes is somehow irrelevant to the games success at being entertaining. With how much focus this game puts on its narrative and it's world it really should have anything in there that might resonate with someone playing it. I mean there are a lot of games out there that beat this in sheer immediate entertainment by a landslide, and while I do think that the sheer effort that went into this game and it's scale might offer up some entertainment value, I really think that that is short-lived.

I'm just really pissed that so many people put so much obvious talent effort and time into this game that was so obviously wasted by the writers and directors who had literally nothing to say.
I mean that's fair if you hold it to the highest critical standards and I'm not saying you shouldn't, but the problem with the videogame space is that CP 2077 shares shelf real estate with Katamari Damacy Reroll, Crusader Kings 3 and Among Us...

It's fair criticism but a lot of the content in the game is up to standard (world building, decent characterization and some side quests stand out) and a lot is a complete mess. IMO the game is a decent videogame but it falls far short of it's own aspirations and that's it's biggest failing and probably always will be.

BTW Era I find this "It's not GTA" argument to be utterly ridiculous and those of you peddling it in response to valid criticism of the game are coming across as willfully ignorant. Just stop. Defend the game on it's merits if you have to, but this "people's expectations are their own problem not CDPR's" bullshit, and it is absolute bullshit, does not reduce the very valid criticism of this game and it's a bad look IMO.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

I haven't checked the changelogs but have they ever fixed the one bug that causes the turrets on top of Arasaka tower from having infinite HP preventing you from being able land the Helicopter. Not even reloading your save fixed this, you either had to use cheat engine for one hit kills or completely start a new game and hope the bug did not repeat.

Does anyone know if this is still a thing or was it fixed?

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see where these "Cyberpunk has no themes / 'nothing to say' (as the cool kids would say in the 60s)" comments are coming from. If you thought its implementation of its themes was shallow or substandard, sure, but I have a hard time understanding how someone would come to the conclusion that it doesn't have any in the first place.

You don't think the game hammers a theme of "you can fight the system, but it always wins, and nothing ever changes"? It's all over a whole bunch of plotlines. Or that broken systems corrupt nearly everyone's standards of behavior? Or that chasing glory usually leads to ruin? And there are of course the "ideas" that are more or less baked into the setting - e.g., that technology might exacerbate inequality and misery rather than solve it. There are also themes of spirituality and the nature of identity - I'd hardly call these profound, but they are undeniably there.

To be honest, Cyberpunk reminds me a lot of the Witcher games, ideologically, in the sense that to the extent the game endorses a viewpoint it's a blend of hyper-cynicism and sentimentality - "You can't change things, and you're liable to suffer if you try and maybe even make things worse, but you can try to do right by the people you care about." All the games have pretty dim view of idealistic revolutionaries.

I'm not trying to argue that anyone should find this stuff profound, or the game's treatment of it brilliant, but it's definitely there.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Mostly true, but not entirely. You can get a few free motorcycles and one of them is quite a bit better than the rest (through a very obtuse quest), and you can also get one of the best cars (if not the best) in the game somewhere around the midway point for free as well.

I mainly just did a combination of running/jumping (was initially trying hard to raise athletics, but the only reliable way is through the berserking glitch), fast travel and using primarily a motorcycle. If you aren't opposed to dumb shit that will likely get patched some year...

Car handling is good, depending on the car, but the first-person view is fucking awful. Way too low to the ground. So that means being stuck in third if you actually want to have any semblance of control, but then you have to hear the engine blasting over the radio. Not quite as loud as a motorcycle though.

Last edited:

Noscusen

Dec 19, 2020
Is it still crashing on ps5 after the latest patch? I already beat the game by the way. I had crashes constantly after 2 hours but i really liked the game. After the next gen patch i'm gonna definitely repeat it. ( Sorry for my english ıt is not my native language)

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see where these "Cyberpunk has no themes / 'nothing to say' (as the cool kids would say in the 60s)" comments are coming from. If you thought its implementation of its themes was shallow or substandard, sure, but I have a hard time understanding how someone would come to the conclusion that it doesn't have any in the first place.

You don't think the game hammers a theme of "you can fight the system, but it always wins, and nothing ever changes"? It's all over a whole bunch of plotlines. Or that broken systems corrupt nearly everyone's standards of behavior? Or that chasing glory usually leads to ruin? And there are of course the "ideas" that are more or less baked into the setting - e.g., that technology might exacerbate inequality and misery rather than solve it. There are also themes of spirituality and the nature of identity - I'd hardly call these profound, but they are undeniably there.

To be honest, Cyberpunk reminds me a lot of the Witcher games, ideologically, in the sense that to the extent the game endorses a viewpoint it's a blend of hyper-cynicism and sentimentality - "You can't change things, and you're liable to suffer if you try and maybe even make things worse, but you can try to do right by the people you care about." All the games have pretty dim view of idealistic revolutionaries.

I'm not trying to argue that anyone should find this stuff profound, or the game's treatment of it brilliant, but it's definitely there.
I think peppersky is saying that it is ultimately vapid tho, like you say it's not exactly deep stuff. I haven't finished the game but so far it's perfectly serviceable in terms of videogame writing IMO and there are great little touches such as Brendan to find so it gets points for that from me.

What's probably disappointing for many is that it's the perfect backdrop to push into for so many themes and it either handles them in a puerile way or chickens out entirely and that's probably, ironically enough, because of market share pressures. It's fine but nothing more.

Sep 7, 2018
Mostly true, but not entirely. You can get a few free motorcycles and one of them is quite a bit better than the rest (through a very obtuse quest), and you can also get one of the best cars (if not the best) in the game somewhere around the midway point for free as well.

I mainly just did a combination of running/jumping (was initially trying hard to raise athletics, but the only reliable way is through the berserking glitch), fast travel and using primarily a motorcycle. If you aren't opposed to dumb shit that will likely get patched some year...

Car handling is good, depending on the car, but the first-person view is fucking awful. Way too low to the ground. So that means being stuck in third if you actually want to have any semblance of control, but then you have to hear the engine blasting over the radio. Not quite as loud as a motorcycle though.

But I wanted the car I found.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the psycho killer quest without killing a single psycho and got nothing for it because the reward is bugged.