• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Sheesh, these fools really forgot to implement some sort of Night vision or Light source when doing missions in Buildings with ZERO light. Literally in this mission now and all the lights our out and I gotta just abuse Gamma to be able to do it. So stupid

well, night vision is pretty advanced technology - oh, wait!...

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I finished the game 24 hours ago and it keeps growing on me. It sucks how it performs on consoles (thankfully I played on PC) and it sucks how rotten the culture at CDPR is. But this is a damn fine RPG.

It's less revolutionary than The Witcher 3 and launched in a much rougher state, but I genuinely believe I might prefer Cyberpunk's characters and missions. They are crazy good and super varied.

Only just realised this is the music Hanako was playing. Kinda cheating putting Chopin in there, but hey.

I mean, the name of the mission is Nocturne Op. 55 :)

Oct 25, 2017
The inability to see what the fuck I'm shooting when I have all these sparks, numbers and "headshot" texts flying around my sights is really starting to irritate me.

RankFTW

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
2JTIQyY.jpg

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm playing on PC and I've run into this issue where I cannot get into V's apartment at all (blocked off by the gates on both entry passages) and I have quests depending on me being able to get into it. I still see NPC's walking through the gates that are keeping me out. This is a bug right? Anyone come across it?

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
This is absolutely true.

Jackie Dies: That's rough, but Night City takes who it wants.
Judy gets sad because someone was slightly and unintentionally mean to her: I WILL MAKE JOHNNY SILVERHAND LOOK MERCIFUL TO NIGHT CITY.
Legit Night City ain't ready for the storm heading it's way if Judy asks players to rid the city of all crime. We'd find a way lmao

Sheesh, these fools really forgot to implement some sort of Night vision or Light source when doing missions in Buildings with ZERO light. Literally in this mission now and all the lights our out and I gotta just abuse Gamma to be able to do it. So stupid
Think it's on purpose. Came across one side mission that was designed around the fact that you can't see shit. Would have rather had a flashlight or something instead. But seems like it was a very deliberate idea lol.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I never had any bugs in my couple hours played on XSX, except an instance where immediately after entering the game for the first time, a patron in the bar had no legs. However the game looked really muddy and low res to me and it was just offputting. I don't even want to worry about all the game breaking bugs, so I just decided to get a refund and wait until next year or 2022 when the game is actually in a next gen console state. Sigh :(

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm playing on PC and I've run into this issue where I cannot get into V's apartment at all (blocked off by the gates on both entry passages) and I have quests depending on me being able to get into it. I still see NPC's walking through the gates that are keeping me out. This is a bug right? Anyone come across it?
You cannot get into the apartment itself or into the megatower? BEcause if it is the latter, there is a fast travel point right next to your door...

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I also feel guilty enjoying this. Playing on series x so I know I am lucky but I'm at 30 hours and barely scratched the main campaign.

Even with all the jank (mostly visual bugs) I am having a blast. Not a single crash or main game breaking bug.

This is the best game I've played since Red dead 2 and I am enjoying it way more then witcher 3. The city is amazing, I literally spent an hour walking streets, admiring the sights and sounds and obeying traffic light signs.

Yes it's fairly superficial and things like cops etc is laughable, but I don't even care because there is just so much to see.

Plus all the little side stories you discover just wandering around.

I feel bad for all the devs an artists who worked on this amazing city and all their work is getting ignored because some higher up suits needed to push it out early.

I'm looking forward to future dlc and stories in this amazing city and I can't wait to see how they expand it in the future.

Anyway back to Night City

Edit: so far this my favourite song in the game

Last edited:

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I just beat the game. 24 hours after requesting a refund from Sony. I have mixed feelings about this. With 1.04 patch my game was crashing a completely unacceptable amount. Maybe every 30 mins, if I made it to an hour it was often mid-mission crash that caused me to have to replay a bunch of shit. It sucked. I was pissed. I requested the refund. Then last night the 1.05 patch came out, not only did it seemingly help my crash issue on PS5 (only had 1 in my final 5 or so hours of playing, which is still 1 too many), but the HDR fix really made the game look much better. So... I finished the game. Even if it ran perfectly, this would still be 8/10 game in my mind.

I assume I will be refunded by Sony, which again, I have mixed feelings about. My current plan is to repurchase the game when the next-gen patch comes. I cannot imagine I am the only person who is finishing the game after requesting a refund. It sucks for CDPR. But they shipped an unfinished game. Even though my final hours with the game were much improved, my initial experience was bad in ways I have never experienced in a game before. I guess what I'm saying is, if I could choose to only request a partial refund, maybe $30 back, I would do that instead. If Sony sees that I finished it and does not refund me, that is totally cool with me.

Expecting a refund after you completed it? Wow.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about 20 hours in.
Just completed
Johnny mission where you try to rescue Alt and stuff.
Honestly I find the main story pretty engrossing. Side stories are OK but the main story is what keeps me coming back.
Also played like 4-5 hours today and only had 1 crash on PS5, which is honestly improved lol.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the latest patch negatively affected the Series X version in any way? I'm reading it reduced density and added pop in on the PS5 version?

I'm on PS5 and pop in looks more worse. You can easily see things like, doors, railings, shadows, and all types of objects appear almost in the near distance.

Their streaming tech needs lots of work. I hope they can fix it in updates.

speaking of updates, do we know when the next one will drop?

had second crash in 11:23mins PS5.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Some of the rewards you get for completing certain NPC questlines feel totally broken no?
The sniper Overwatch from Panam upgraded is hitting for like 18-30k crit headshots.
Or the upgraded Crash revolver from River Ward is doing 4-15k for me consistently.

Playing on hard and it's pretty much one shots.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
So is the PC patch safe? I just got the title card and haven't had any real issues on PC, scared the patch breaks something or affects performance negatively.

Performance is good for me, maybe even slightly better than 1.04, though without a reliable benchmark who knows for sure (9900k, 3080). No perf degradation after a couple of hours, which seems like an improvement.

Just started second playthrough and already noticed one bug that was fixed (Jackie no longer walks through a closed door).

Is HDR now fixed on PC?

According to HDTVTest, it's still broken in 1.05. SDR image just looks better... better contrast, better blacks, and better colors. The only benefit to the HDR is better highlight detail.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The crafting part is wholly unnecessary, but The Spiffing Brit's videos are always hilarious. He finally gets to the faster method that's already been posted here about halfway through.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how this game would have been received in a world where CDPR had just shut the fuck up for the last 2-3 years and released the game in working order. A lot of the overselling was really unnecessary. Simple stuff like a lack of barbershop stings and feels weird when TW3 had it but why are they saying shit like customizing cars, completely modding yourself, multiple properties etc. No one would have expected any of these things if they hadn't said anything. This hype cycle was entirely of their own making. They're not gonna make a Rockstar level city their first go around,. Fam, shut the fuck up.

If they had just said, "We're making a Cyberpunk RPG as our next game, cya." the would have been fine. These dudes came off one of the most succesful games of last gen. Why this Icarus shit fam? Just say here's our new game. Multi-million seller off the rip.

Also, I gotta say, what's the deal with these assorted raunchy ads everywhere (including that one)? They look stupid as fuck. They look less dystopic, bleek future and more Idiocracy. I thought there was a larger point but no, not really. Considering how many people they went on to offend, it was a weird hill to die on. I haven't really noticed any car ads or ads for clothing anywhere. It's just weird.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Sounds like they requested it a full day before they finished.

Sure, but it can't have impacted on his enjoyment that much if he then went on to complete it. I don't take a bite of a meal in a restaurant, request a refund, then scoff the rest down while waiting for my money back. More fool them for refunding anyone who has completed it.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but it can't have impacted on his enjoyment that much if he then went on to complete it. I don't take a bite of a meal in a restaurant, request a refund, then scoff the rest down while waiting for my money back. More fool them for refunding anyone who has completed it.
I mean if you request a refund in a restaurant, they're going to take your food away immediately or deny you a refund completely. Can't say I fault anyone who decides to keep trying to play if Sony or Microsoft take their time on refunds.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
They probably don't have the system set up to check trophies/achievements, just play time or whether or not the game was launched. Social media is loaded with people boasting about completing the game and getting a full refund. It couldn't have been that bad if they spent 40 hours playing it. But I guess free game is free game.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
so i've mostly been doing side mission's and i got a sniper that shoots through walls. i got it before the first mission... so i'm cheesing every encounter with one hit headshots from behind cover lol. i'm playing on hard.

Some of the rewards you get for completing certain NPC questlines feel totally broken no?
The sniper Overwatch from Panam upgraded is hitting for like 18-30k crit headshots.
Or the upgraded Crash revolver from River Ward is doing 4-15k for me consistently.

Playing on hard and it's pretty much one shots.
it might be that sniper?

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
9QWyrkw.jpg

As far as ongoing character sidequests go, I think Judy's is probably the best. I do like Panam's character a lot more though.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
so i've mostly been doing side mission's and i got a sniper that shoots through walls. i got it before the first mission... so i'm cheesing every encounter with one hit headshots from behind cover lol. i'm playing on hard.

it might be that sniper?
Yeah, there are plenty of them that are ridiculously good. This one in particular belonged to the NPC I listed in the spoiler tag. You had to do most of her questline and it came with a night vision scope and silencer. This one

Uncle Fester

Banned
Sep 30, 2019
I was watching a stream and it started raining while free roaming. I'm on PS5 as was the stream, but I've literally never had rain while free roaming. Anybody else?

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching a stream and it started raining while free roaming. I'm on PS5 as was the stream, but I've literally never had rain while free roaming. Anybody else?

I am wondering about this. I didn't see rain until about 28 hours in and I'm wondering if it was mission related.

Hope I get it more frequently because the city looks amazing in rain.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Ah I finally got the the Judy quest.
Can't wait to tell her to fuck off then cry because Panam rejected me and romance no one because I'm extremely bitter.