• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
The console versions look like ass compared to the PC version sadly. I really hope that next gen upgrade patch will bring it more in line with high end PC. I wonder how realistic such expectations are. Consoles seem pretty powerful. Add in a lot of optimizing and such, could the next gen consoles pull off the visuals seen in the high end PC versions?

They will certainly look much much better I think. But in line with a high end PC? I actually really doubt it. I think it would be more realistic if the game was a first party exclusive for any of the big two.
Playing it right now on a not so highend PC (GTX 1080) and got acceptable performance with mostly the highest setting but I'm also looking forward to the PS5 version, as I really like the game and think that I'll want to do a plat run on it (yeah yeah I know, I'm weak ;D )

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
So any word why there's no quality mode on PS5? Is it because the deal they have with Microsoft or..? They really dropped the ball

There's no quality mode on PS5 because the console versions are developed with the PS4 Pro and One X in mind- and the One X has a stronger GPU.

These arent the versions made to take advantage of the next gen consoles, that won't happen until later.

raviolico

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the game has many flaws and issues, but the map is crafted so beautifully, like damn it's so packed, dense ( buildings, detail, light sources and adverts) and the scale is mental when looking up, especially when in the centre. I totally can see them spending years to make it like this.

Yep, I'm with you. Despite all the jank, the world is just incredible.

Reckheim

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game definitely looks stunning on PC with RT, that's for sure. Wish the bugs and AI weren't in the way of the enjoyment of the game...

Just a couple of screenshots with photomode, #nofilter

y8QBL5s.png

H0fXhrN.png

PS: Ingame ads are terrible, the same ones over and over again and not very tasteful, but hey.
yeh, it looks incredibly with RT. I'll take 50-60 fps with gsync just for it.

Hopefully console people get RT in next gen release.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm this close to dropping this game almost 20 hours in, game might've crashed for the 15th already on the PS5.
Think I'm around 20 total. Had 5 today at really random times.

What a shitshow for CDPR, I've never personally seen a console game crash more times before in my life.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
I didn't use the patcher at all. Just opened Cyberpunk2077.exe on the Hex Editor and replaced " 75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08 " with " EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08 "

Do make a backup of the .exe before editing it though, just in case.
download hex editor: HXD
open it, click file > open > find cyberpunk.exe (install folder > bin > x64)
click search, change to hex value tab, search for
75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
highlight it, copy new hex
EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
paste insert to replace it
save
done

Will have to repeat if an update replaces the exe.

HXD actually automatically makes a backup next to the edited exe!
Thanks guys, just did it and can confirm CPU utilization is now stable across all cores on a 5600X, before I had like half of them with low or no utilization at all.

Didn't really see the FPS increase much (2 or 3) but I think the are where I tested I was mainly GPU bound, hopefully in more CPU intense areas the game will run better now.

Last edited:

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
yeh, it looks incredibly with RT. I'll take 50-60 fps with gsync just for it.

Hopefully console people get RT in next gen release.
Yeah, G-sync is a blessing, as long as it doesn't drop to 30s or even 20s for a while (rarely it does, I think there's some memory leak or degradation regarding RT or something, resetting RT settings makes it work again at 40-60fps).

Isn't that update coming in a few months? Sucks to have to wait for a patch for the game to look as intended on consoles...

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
R9JLDYW.png

O8rk1uh.png

cPJbb7M.png

Here's some more screens from me.

Ya know the more I play this and I know it might not make sense but it feels like a very.....liner on rails game ? Hard to explain.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to act 2 on ps5. Crashed like 3x in my 3hr playthrough. Im done. Gonna shelve it until ps5 patch is out. Absolutely insane cdr is releasing a game in a state like this. Should've just make it a pc exclusive goddamn

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend a tweaking guide for PC settings? I followed one for Valhalla that was the perfect mix of visual fidelity and solid 60fps and never looked back. Wish I could get something similar for this game.

I'm finding I'm only able to play for like 20-30 mins at a time before I get too distracted or annoyed with the fluctuating frame rate.

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
2 questions for anyone further in

Are there W3 style side-quests out there?

If you do the good content, so main story + any decent side quests, how long is this game approximately?

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ok, spoiler for a gig where I had to find medicine:
The guy who stole it has PTSD, I convinced him to let me take the medicine (that doesn't work on him) and when I left the room I heard a shot and I totally winced because of that. Went back in, and he shot himself right there. I did not expect to wince during that moment.

Are you referring to when NPC's get cut off and return to what they were saying once the interruption is gone? GTA V and Uncharted 4 also had that.
Then it is nice that this game has it too.

Old Luke

Jul 20, 2018
I've been playing with the character creator all day and I finally decided how my V will look.

So, which attributes are better if I want to make a katana/stealth/hacking build?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
2 questions for anyone further in

Are there W3 style side-quests out there?

If you do the good content, so main story + any decent side quests, how long is this game approximately?
Right now I'm doing one of the two side-stories that opened up after doing some sidequest. Haven't done many sidequests yet, but there seems to be some lengthy side-stories here and there.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Getting a crash every hour in CP2077 on PS5 is a bummer /: hope it's fixed soon

I noticed it happens more frequently when im exploring the city and doing side-stuff rather then when im doing the main quest.

I've had 4 crashes just today.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
So any word why there's no quality mode on PS5? Is it because the deal they have with Microsoft or..? They really dropped the ball

Maybe as it's running in BC, the Pro version's dynamic res and graphics settings doesn't let the game run high enough to warrant a quality mode in PS5. My guess is the X1X versions has a higher max res and settings which allows the option for the Series X to go higher than the Pro.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Recommendation to drop the RTX. Honestly, though it can look nice, the lighting looks better without to me, and its a very high performance hit for very little payoff. Without RTX, you should do 1440p easy for 60.

Yeah that's been my thought too. Also, outside the hit, I feel like there's some kind of input lag when RTX is running, even with DLSS on. Goes away when that stuff is off.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The doll house mission in the clouds building could have gone in all sorts of wrong directions, but
sitting there and calmly listening to what the doll had to say about you was a surprise. I honestly expected some kind of weird fetish cutscene would happen that could've been all kinds of awkward.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Running feels weird. Sometimes I can click, sometimes I have to hold for a second to run.

And if you get a lighting setup behind you, oh boy. That torso and arm model is something else to behold, especially running.

I thought most games did some trickery to hide the actual model.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know. I'm really not feeling it much at all right now anymore. Not the RPG experience I was wanting I suppose and I just had a wild glitch where I couldn't sprint, and then my scanner came up indefinitely.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I just went to the Delamain mission in Pacifica, started slicing some gangers and accidentally killed one of the civilians running around. Cops teleported around me and I gained 3 wanted stars before alt-f4ing the game.

I think I should get a refund for this broken fucking game.

The "police system" (and I say this sarcastically) is legit some 2001 shit.
I think GTA 3 had a more complex and realistic police system than this.

It's especially hilarious when you're supposed to play an outlaw, they even say so it the marketing blurb. Yet if you do anything slightly illegal in the game world, you get swarmed by endless waves of teleporting police. Silver lining is they don't have cars, so you can just run away and lose them in seconds.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if anyone is having fps problems just set the crowd density to low or medium.It's not like the high option gives you a super alive and immersive world

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I keep forgetting to play with photo mode I keep getting sucked into doing random stuff, its so hard to pause or take breaks. There's always one more thing I really wanna get to.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Ya know the more I play this and I know it might not make sense but it feels like a very.....liner on rails game ? Hard to explain.

On one mission alone, I found about 6 different ways to do it. Try looking for other options. The more upgrades you have also the more opportunities open up. For example I had a mission to get into a roof and take something. I could go through the front door, but instead I found a building connected to the main one. Jumped from building to building, got on the roof, took the item without anyone noticing and left. On the way in there was 5 other paths/ways to do it.

There have been choices I've made that came back to me/affected the future. I told one person one thing, which fucked them up and then they did not talk to me anymore. Checking a save, I made a different choice and it opened up more options.

There is also the option to not shoot/stealth, go in blazing, hack the cameras and disable everyone before you go in by hacking them etc/ect.

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks so good at max settings on a 3090. I wish all of you could experience it like this your opinions would be so different. I never thought I'd say the visuals are carrying the game for me (along with story of course)

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if you told me this was made by a different studio I would have believed you, no missions or side quests have come close to any of the highs from The Witcher 3, and the interactions with characters and time spent with them is so lacking.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
The doll house mission in the clouds building could have gone in all sorts of wrong directions, but
sitting there and calmly listening to what the doll had to say about you was a surprise. I honestly expected some kind of weird fetish cutscene would happen that could've been all kinds of awkward.

That quest was excellent. Really not what I was expecting at all. The one after is really good as well if not fucked up.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
It just is pretty difficult to play this on console. I am a bit bummed the next-gen upgrade wasn't available at launch :/

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know. I'm really not feeling it much at all right now anymore. Not the RPG experience I was wanting I suppose and I just had a wild glitch where I couldn't sprint, and then my scanner came up indefinitely.
Just in case it happens again, I fixed my scanner always being up by tapping capslock. Why capslock? Beats the hell out of me.

Otherwise, I also agree with your sentiments. It's just... such a broken game where the open world is just a location and not much more. It's window dressing.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
These crashes are really starting to ruin this game. I get one every 30-40 mins it seems it will either freeze completely and I will have to restart or I get an error and I send the report to sony. Patch really helped the visuals on PS5 but I keep losing progress because I step out of a car and crash, or I open a door and crash. If I knew I could get a refund I probably would at this point.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game... what the hell is this game?

It feels like it's directly out of 2003 in every way except for the super ambitious graphics engine. The writing, voice acting, menus, skill trees, and the aesthetic are all from the past.

I'm fascinated by it, even though I'm not impressed with the things that matter to me.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I finished the prologue and got to the title card only it didn't show and a character just blankly stared at me for too long instead. Kind of sums up how this game is going.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've figured out something that actually helps the immersion of this game - TURN OFF THE BLARING SOUNDTRACK.

Not only does it make combat easier so that you can hear enemies better, it makes the noises in the background much more apparent.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game... what the hell is this game?

It feels like it's directly out of 2003 in every way except for the super ambitious graphics engine. The writing, voice acting, menus, skill trees, and the aesthetic are all from the past.
I don't know about the other things but the aesthetic choice is for sure deliberate. It is based on a tabletop RPG from the 80s.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks so good at max settings on a 3090. I wish all of you could experience it like this your opinions would be so different. I never thought I'd say the visuals are carrying the game for me (along with story of course)
Seeing all the hoopla with the console versions and also seeing the maxed out 3090 PC videos I think it is safe to say that this is the Crysis of 2020.

Meant to be played on a top-of-the-line PC..........if we are being honest.