• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The more I see videos of cross generation, it looks like CDProject was overreaching to do cross gen. The game was PC lead and it's future looking in that you really won't be able to play at max settings at 4K or even perfect 4K DLSS until next year's GPUs. And yet, they also have builds of the games attempting to play on the equivalent of 10 year old PC hardware.

I understand why - $$$.

However, I feel like they're going to damage their brand with so many people frustrated on PS4/XboxOne. And I'm betting the first year most people will be playing on old consoles. There simply aren't enough next gen consoles to sell and PC gamers.

Not like they really had a choice when the game was announced 7 years ago. It was always going to be cross gen.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Anyone who's watched some streams today have a big opinion on male vs. female V voice acting? I was siding towards female V because I haven't really like the guy in the marketing so far, but maybe that was just the (imo) bad marketing.

Thanquol

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
Looks like we need dlss to play this in 1440p with a rtx 3080 with highest settings, damn

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Ist it already possible to play the GOG version by changing the system time?

No, release is global release on PC 10th December at midnight GMT, which is the following
EoVEcJCW8AIXqLR

TheCool69

Oct 27, 2017
Okay first hour done with PS4 slim.. and i like it. I mean its rough looking at times, but i like the story so far (went with corpo female V) . I like that everything seems to have a explanation (tutorials and so on). Jackie also seems to be well voiced and well written.

Some bugs but i went in expexting it. One thing that keeps happening is that the game loads car graphics but they look all mushy and blurry and then suddenly game loads the real sharp render. Very odd. Also the subtitles dont sometimes load up but thats also not a huge issue, for now.

Load times are fast so thats nice.

All in its seems to be a good game not anything mindblowing (yet)

I like that physical cover has both V's on each side so you swap it your preferred gender.

Fordy

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know for Xbox. If I buy in my local store, can I change region to NZ and play now (like I've done with some gamepass games)?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Can you change back and forth at anytime without limits? I had already planned on checking it out tonight after kids in bed.
Jup. Just for you needed to able to play you need to set it in a region where its already december 10. Just switch now to new zealand and switch back tomorrow to your preffered region

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Resisting the urge to watch streams. I tuned in for like 1 minute and watched an enemy trip over an enemies body and do damage to themselves, which I thought was a pretty cool detail.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Looks like we need dlss to play this in 1440p with a rtx 3080 with highest settings, damn

Watched a Stream where someone played with an RTX 3080 @1440p on Ultra with RT Ultra and DLSS performance. It ran okay but in some places it went down to low 20s. He had to put RT to mediun and DLSS to Ultra Performance to make it run okayish. Still wasnt perfect according to him.
So I guess we will wait for the 40xx Series to actually max out the game with decent framerates.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With a VRR display it really is buttery smooth. only noticed theres a few dips here and there when looking at DVR footage on my phone.

Really? Looks great to me. if you have HDR on make sure you change the HDR settings in the game. click down the right stick in video settings.

I don't have an HDR capable tv. Just 1080p. Can't help but feel all these environments appear dated. Like the character models are fine when you're in some confined room but I just saw gameplay of one of the first missions with Jackie and I honestly thought it looked pretty mediocre. I guess demons souls and miles morales spoiled me lol.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
That xbox one S footage looks horrible. Yeah, it is last gen and those cpus were bad 7 years ago, but they are still selling it and thus should provide at the very least an acceptable version. This is not that.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
If it looked like that I would buy it when I have a PS5, at some point, and benefit from patches and maybe a lower price. Why pay full price now if it's broken.
Well for me it's general excitement for the game combined with me being comfortable with my financial situation to risk it. Also I think I might be a bit more patient than others in terms of visuals. Again if it's bad enough for me to want to stop playing I can just upgrade later.

Totally understand why some will wait though.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
The difference in how John linneman and Jeff gerstman describes the game is staggering lol

Jeff doesn't like prey

John loves prey

John sounds like he loves cp so far

I think I'll love cp
After following Jeff for the past 15 years, him not liking Cyberpunk doesn't surprise me tbh.

He actively disliked The Witcher 3 and thought the new Deus Ex games were mediocre. Also hated Death Stranding and Red Dead 2 (not the same, but both recent open-world games with a heavy focus on story).

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
FYI if you preordered a CP code on Newegg to save $10 and you want to play anytime soon, I might cancel your order and just buy digitally on the system, now. Seems like they have no idea when their codes are coming in, per my chat with them today. I canceled.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Is there anything written online about this? Can't seem to find anything other than "it runs at 60 FPS."
I'm not a tech guy so I'm not sure what "CBR" 4k is, but if it wouldn't run on the PS4 or PS4 Pro, you probably won't see it right now. Currently, Cyberpunk doesn't have an official "PS5" version, it only runs the PS4 version via backwards compatibility. It should be getting a free next-gen upgrade early next year.

Thanquol

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
Watched a Stream where someone played with an RTX 3080 @1440p on Ultra with RT Ultra and DLSS performance. It ran okay but in some places it went down to low 20s. He had to put RT to mediun and DLSS to Ultra Performance to make it run okayish. Still wasnt perfect according to him.
So I guess we will wait for the 40xx Series to actually max out the game with decent framerates.
Ouch. I had read on tom's hardware that you could get 60fps with ultra settings on 1440p with ultra RT instead of psycho. Guess they didnt toy enough with it...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Someone claiming to be an xbox employee like 5 pages back said this has you download the NZ version.
Well you have the game already preloaded i hope. And there isnt really a NZ version. Only thing it does is that when you switch you are at new zealand time. And for the game its december 10 already and it unlocks.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna know impressions and settings tweaks for a 3080/i7-10700 1440p type of setup, asap!