• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
ah so from the preview a bunch of posts above... i guess the NCPD never gets involved if you start attacking lots of people? i guess they just become casualties of the streets

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Skimming through the IGN video about it and they're severely downplaying it being an FPS. Saying things like "This is an RPG game through and through, you can make it an FPS if you want..". Sounds like damage control for the lackluster FPS gunplay we've seen.

Not sure what you were reading/watching but pretty much every preview, interview and impressions said that this is an "RPG" not FPS.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the EP on Spotify, the score is going to be fantastic. Can really hear the influence from Dredd 2012.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
That last gameplay video really brought my hype back into the game. Now, let's pray the base PS4 version runs properly...

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
GG CDPR lol

doPbjK3.jpg

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Is anyone doing a thread for the new previews and gameplay trailers? The one that got posted early was locked.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Based on what I've seen so far outlets are enormously positive about Night City, the storytelling and characters, the atmosphere and the role-play potential. Still positive about the combat and driving although it won't blow your minds. Jeuxvideo called out the stealth and A.I. for being lacklustre. And seems like all the builds still had their fair share of bugs,

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Not sure what you were reading/watching but pretty much every preview, interview and impressions said that this is an "RPG" not FPS.
Reading that this game is slower and more RPGlike is good to hear. I was really put off with this idea that it was more GTA than Deus EX.
It's an RPG - first and foremost.

Of course it will have a lot of action; but also a deep narrative and consequences/rewards derived from your choices/actions.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Including Paul Leonard-Morgan as one of the composers was such a good call. Loved his soundtrack for Dredd, and his Dawn of War 3 soundtrack was the only high point of that game.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Yes nom nom :)

Looking at the final trailer and their twitter i think its safe to assume Dec 10th is now locked in. I cant see any further delay. The question is lauch state and bugs.
You can be sure there will be loads of them sadly. I don't mind tho, I played Legion and it was like that lol
At least I hope it has better perf than that one lol

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Holy damn that gameplay trailer. The visual fidelity is incredible. And judging by the seond wave of postive previews just like the first time this game is going to get mid to high 90 in score overall. Im glad that the NPC are well written and you will get attched to them. All this game needs is a VR mode :0

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
People are afraid of the writing in this game, but so far previews are really praising it

For example this text from the PC Gamer preview:
"I wish I could go into more detail about the story, because some of the places you visit, characters you meet, and jobs you pull off are incredibly thrilling and memorable. There's stuff in here to rival The Witcher 3's best quests, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much of an emotional punch the story packs. The game's marketing has, understandably, focused on the louder, more aggressive side of the game, which has painted a somewhat inaccurate picture of it. Cyberpunk 2077 isn't all noise, future slang, extreme violence, and fluorescent yellow; it has quiet, touching moments of warmth too."

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Holy damn that gameplay trailer. The visual fidelity is incredible. And judging by the seond wave of postive previews just like the first time this game is going to get mid to high 90 in score overall. Im glad that the NPC are well written and you will get attched to them. All this game needs is a VR mode :0
I'm thinking a Metacritic of 97👍

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Those preview comments (including the negative ones) make this game sound like s true sequel to the original Deus Ex. Which did not have great gunplay, but it had an interactive story and more atmosphere than most modern AAA games.

I am basically saying that I have waited 20 years for this game to come out.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Last trailers were so GTA and some people going into this expecting fast-paced action are going to be bummed. :p

Some previews even hinting the shooting parts are nothing to write home about.

Status
Not open for further replies.