• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

João

Nov 21, 2020
I must admit, I was weak and watched the leaked footage. The only thing I wanted to see was them going through the character creation...and they buttoned right through it.
Yup, so upsetting and the rest of the gameplay is him taking long breaks and barely getting anywhere. Atleast he seemed to be having some fun with his friend until he had to interrupt the broadcast.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sure, they haven't addressed that. The community manager was terminated though for the offensive tweets.
Actually, they have. Or at least the in-game ad itself.

It's a shame, however, that while the artist responsible for the original ad seems to be somewhat of a decent person, the rest of the company just used the imagery for marketing. And then promoted that ridiculous and offensive cosplay.

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
Oh yeah, I wasn't saying it was you, that was just me having a discussion along the lines we had going. You had mentioned that it was difficult to balance, so I was saying from my point of view why I felt the balancing was difficult.

I can understand tensions get high in this thread, and apologize if it came off that way. But if you reread it, it should be pretty clear I was just having discussion there haha.

I also empathize with the mods. But although it is tough trying to find a good balance, there has to be one that is better for all involved.

Fair just the first sentence of your reply seemed you were going at me. I hope they are able to work something out because its something that can destroy the community

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
"It is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and to want to play it. Do not attack other members merely for being excited for the game or planning to buy the game."

That user went after me for I think 4 posts and just because I didnt respond Im getting called "coward, a whining asinine coward " . thats just a new low. seriously.

Im just here to discuss this game. Im genuinely very excited for this game. And I waited very long.

This year has been very difficult for me. Its already hard being a woman with an asian heritage living in the country I currently do. But today on this forum I got called a " clueless tech shitposter" (not sure if its because of my background) and now Im getting called a "coward, a whining asinine coward" in a thread where I just want to talk about an (in my opinion) incredible game. That just makes me sad. Im already doubting my life more than enough during work ..

edit: not that person edited the post to make it look like im making stuff up. im glad ViewtifulJC did a quote before that happened so everyone can see.

Considering this is her last post. Can we get some transparency from the mod team? Considering launch is coming up, it's just a clusterfuck in the making.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd like to know too. I can't find the post that got her banned.
I really wish there was a clickable link where it says "banned" so that once you click on it, it takes you to the post with the mod message. Often times I'd just like to know what is going on. And this would allow users to get a better understanding with more context.

Sometimes the red message at the bottom isnt even relevant to why a user was banned.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I'm also VERY curious as poster she was engaged with in heated exchange copped only 1 day thread ban for hostility while Marzoo copped full ban.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really wish there was a clickable link where it says "banned" so that once you click on it, it takes you to the post with the mod message. Often times I'd just like to know what is going on. And this would allow users to get a better understanding with more context.

Sometimes the red message at the bottom isnt even relevant to why a user was banned.

Agreed. But it seems in this case there is no post that got her banned. So it would link to nowhere.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that isn't cool at all man. Like I 100% understand how people may take offense to actions CDPR have taken, but that doesn't mean they should be able to brigade against someone who's just here for the game. This is a massive release and not everyone will want to read into CDPR's issues. I like and respect that it's there for people to read should they choose to, but this is a gaming forum first and foremost.
This is not a "gaming forum first and foremost", no. It's a community that has specific underlying principles. We can argue all day about how this actually pans out, but this is not the place to come to call for people who "just want to talk about video games".

If all this talk gets in the way of you discussing a game, you could easily go elsewhere to do it.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this thread is kinda insufferable.

Either ban every discussion of CP2077 or let people discuss freely(including whatever problems someone believes it has) without every second post being offtopic.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
This is not a "gaming forum first and foremost", no. It's a community that has specific underlying principles. We can argue all day about how this actually pans out, but this is not the place to come to call for people who "just want to talk about video games".

If all this talk gets in the way of you discussing a game, you could easily go elsewhere to do it.
i mean it is a gaming forum tho.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Why was marzoo banned? Seemed like the situation was about to resolve

Marzoo was banned for misgendering a member (whose pronouns were clearly marked) in a report. Her ban duration is under admin review at the moment, and Marzoo is welcome to appeal this ban through the contact us link. Also, this thread is not to be used to re-litigate bans.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Catching up to the previews and the GamesRadar person sounds quite confident that the game will surpass expectations. I need to stop reading these if I want to make the wait easier on myself.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

You could be right, but then they need to change the frontpage, considering the first forum is: Gaming Forum and the other one is: "Everything else". That kind of suggest this is a gaming forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.