• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk2077_Party_at_night_RGB.jpg
Cyberpunk2077_Hello_stranger_RGB.jpg
Cyberpunk2077_Digital_satori_RGB.jpg
Cyberpunk2077_Goin_to_the_top_RGB.jpg
Cyberpunk2077_Its_good_to_be_in_town_RGB.jpg

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, seems like there seems issues with how frenetic the gameplay is. Hopefully it doesn't magnify as the game goes on.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
From Eurogamer:

Will it look like this on PS4 and Xbox One?
The demo I play is running on a PC on "the high-end of the spectrum", quest director Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz tells me. In other words, I'm seeing the top-end of what's possible.

The question is, what - if anything - will be sacrificed to get it running on PS4 and Xbox One? Could we see thinner crowds for instance? "It's possible but right now the game is not ready for such claims," he says.

"In terms of how it will look on consoles, we are still working on optimisation. It's one of our top priorities right now. As always, we're trying to make it run as well, and look as good, as possible - to put it to the maximum so to speak."

So I guess the delay was related to console performance

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
Is it a Witcher 3-combat level of awkwardness or worse? Because W3's combat didn't run me the wrong way.
Melee sounds similar to TW3, at least in the mechanics allowed:

Again, from eurogamer:

Then there's melee. It's almost identical to The Witcher 3, especially when boxing, albeit in first-person view. You can strike (right trigger), block (left trigger) and dodge (B), either striking in quick succession or charging a big hit to break an enemy's guard. But watch your stamina because if it depletes, your guard will drop. You can also time a block perfectly to launch a counter-attack.

There's one annoying quirk: dodging. Given how central it was to The Witcher 3, I expected the same here, but it's awkward. It requires a double button press, and the button required is also bound to crouch. Not only does it make dodging tricky pull-off in the heat of battle, it also leaves you crouching when you least want to be. I saw no option to remap buttons but I hope it's there in the full game.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Good to see measured previews as it keeps my hype levels in check. Disappointing to hear about the clunky gameplay. I hope it is not infuriarting and passable enough

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I could tell the driving was going to control clunky like many people are saying. Hope they tune it to feel just a bit more arcadey for release.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Damn, clunky gameplay could break this for me... :( Witcher 3 was borderline in that regard to me personally.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Blessing Jr on Kindafunnygames says brain dancing is boring, says it's more complex batman detective mode but it's not fun to play.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
shocked to see non city map, I thought Cyberpunk cities were walled up to keep out somekind of eldritch abomnation. Or am i thinking of another game

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Those of you who were asking if it was still an RPG or not, previews make it clear it's got more RPG elements than the Witcher did. Everything I read sounds exactly like my type of game, IGN says it feels like the successor to the original Deus Ex. I hope it can live up to that.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow impressions are far more negative than I was expecting. I almost wonder if it's worth them delaying the game to next year in order to improve controls.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I wish there was a beta for it. My concerns aren't for the story but how it actually plays. I hate how Witcher 3 played.
Yeah, I don't mind clunky or janky gameplay, but only to a certain degree. It sometimes got in the way in W3, but the game was still playable enough and so good in other areas that I was able to deal with it in the end.
Not sure if I'm willing to do so again, though.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested to see a comparison of reactions from people who got to play locally vs reactions from people who streamed it.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
But that's still just the basic aesthetic stuff. Although every version of V looks to be physically fit and in their mid-20s, there are some other body modifications at your disposal. You can select a stocky, more muscular body with a higher-sounding voice, or you can give your character breasts and a baritone speaking voice. You can pick your genitalia — penis, vagina, or none — and, if you pick penis, you can choose to be circumcised or uncircumcised. The future is now.

Lol

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Update on kindafunnygames preview;
Blessing says it's beauitful, polished in the four hours, says the facial animations aren't the best compared to last of us part 2
It feels alive and the world is diverse

Negatives;
Brain Dancing Boring
Sometimes wishes it was more fast pace, says there are parts that are slow