• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine a world where both the consumer and developer are satisfied with a delay to make a game better. God, that's the kind of world I want to live in. A complete, polished product at launch?! It has been a while since I could rely on that concept.

I think you start to lose that "take all the time you need" allotment when you start taking $300 Super Deluxe Edition preorders? Not that that's CDPR's fault.

I'm not that heavily invested or upset by this delay, but it brings the practice of selling these mega-preorders into question when the product could be missing release by almost half a year.

Subtleglitch

Oct 28, 2017
australia
I admit I'm a little disappointed...but I would rather they take their time and give the game as much polish as possible. Guess it also gives me some breathing room for other game releases in that month/throughout the year!

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Fuck this news (,too)!

What is there to look forward to this year? I can't wait until we actually have some idea and the first half of the year is a wasteland (for me).

I'm interested in The Last of Us 2 but not hyped and I'm a little hyped for One Piece Musou but that's about it.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Now the devs can just be in crunch for the next 8 months!
And they stated it so matter-of-fact...unbelievable.
It was due on April 16. Now its coming on September 17. That's a 5 months delay.
8 months of total waiting starting today, 5 months of waiting 3 months from now - and there's no guarantee it won't be delayed again. Read/listen to the conference call they had today and they mention September 17th as the "expected" release date, although they are confident they'll hit it this time.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Was nervous about GameStop lasting long enough to get my CE in April, now I think that's even less likely

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I got hounded for saying it would delayed, but here we are. Can't believe people actually thought it was going to make that date based on how CDPR games released in the past and how little we've actually been shown of this game.

rapid32.5

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Expected. Will be getting next gen version anyway and pretty much every cross gen game starting from Death Stranding, TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima, etc.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
How do they know to delay it so many months like this? I guess it's all bout those analytics and prob pulse checked all the devs. everyone probably too burned out after making the perfection that was Witcher 3

Ok in all seriousness I can definitely imagine what happened since I'm in software development myself

Crap man; I'm upgraded and rdy to roll. I was ready both physically and technical (upgraded PC)

But by all means delay it to make another perfect RPG plz

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Just in time after next gen GPUs which hopefully will improve RTX performances by lot. I did not want to play this without an RTX and timing of next cards sucked when this game was for april.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Think I will hold off for the inevitable next gen version now.

Unless there is some kind of digital upgrade programme.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
A 5 month delay is a pretty big one, especially 3 months away from initial release. And I feel really really bad knowing that those devs are facing crunch for the next 8 months. Shitty situation all around

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
UghhhhhhHHHHhhhhHhhH noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That's so far too!!! At least FFVII wasn't too far of a delay, but this is much further out. I guess Animal Crossing is going to be in a good spot now lol.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
Eh. If it means the game is better, that's fine. There are plenty of games to play, and there are plenty of potentially good games releasing between now and then. Hopefully it means they aren't crunching from now until then.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
On the conference call they mentioned that they have to push back the Cyberpunk 2077 online game as well; so at this point they should just take the entire team off the CP2077 online game to help finish the CP2077 single-player game, like what they did with their teams while completing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Maybe that would help them finish it even faster with less crunch👍

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
On the conference call they mentioned that they have to push back the Cyberpunk 2077 online game as well; so at this point they should just take the entire team off the CP2077 online game to help finish the CP2077 single-player game, like what they did with their teams while completing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Maybe that would help them finish it even faster with less crunch👍
SInce they are doing online, does that mean no single player dlc?

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
8 months of total waiting starting today, 5 months of waiting 3 months from now - and there's no guarantee it won't be delayed again. Read/listen to the conference call they had today and they mention September 17th as the "expected" release date, although they are confident they'll hit it this time.
I read the whole thing just now. It said "adding 5 months". If this announcement was made a couple of months ago, the delay would still be a 5 months delay.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I'm neither surprised nor sad.

When you're a studio that releases a game every 3-4 years, 3 years vs. 3.5 years makes no difference.

Just make sure the wait is worth it!

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
What a chain reaction of delays.

Wonder what is next? Possible Ghosts being a next gen launch.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit! Wanted to line up some leave with it, Sept - Oct is the time of the year when I can't take time off.

JohnnyUtah

Jul 15, 2018
As a 1080ti owner planning to upgrade to ampere this is a bit of a blessing in disguise. I want to play this at 4k on my oled and it was always going to be a stretch with my current gpu. Glad to hear they're delaying to get things right. In the meantime Last of Us will tide me ovwr nicely.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I read the whole thing just now. It said "adding 5 months". If this announcement was made a couple of months ago, the delay would still be a 5 months delay.
I know it's a 5-month delay from the initial announced release date of April 16th, 2020 - I'm counting the total amount of wait time starting from today until September 17th, 2020.

The total wait time starting from today is 8 months exactly.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I have no problems for this delay because there are plenty of games coming around that time. If this delay means that the game will be more polished, I am all for it.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Damn, this might mean 2022 for the complete version, oh well it should be well into the next gen by then.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting Holiday 2021 when we started getting our first looks at it so I'm not devastated. It might mean I wait for the Next Gen version though.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
What a chain reaction of delays.

Wonder what is next? Possible Ghosts being a next gen launch.

I guess you can't really write off anything, but it seems like if they wanted GoT to be a PS5 launch title then they would've just announced a generic Fall 2020 launch timeframe instead of a generic Summer 2020 launch.

butterbutt!

Oct 27, 2017
Ampere GPUs possibly being out by the game's release is actually a big plus for me. Hopefully the E3 demos will be public and playable assuming the game is three months from release in June.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck. I was hoping Cyberpunk would break the rule, but nope. It looks like it's still a rule that a major RPG has to be delayed at least once. I am very disappointed because Bloodlines 2 was also delayed and now I have no hyped RPGs to play for many months.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I know it's a 5-month delay from the initial announced release date of April 16th, 2020 - I'm counting the total amount of wait time starting from today until September 17th, 2020.

The total wait time starting from today is 8 months exactly.
When you insist on putting it like that.... :'(

Good thing out of the conference call script it that they do have several surprises planned to start the hype train. Just don't know when that'll be.