• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Didn't like this as much as the E3 gameplay tbh. I just feel there wasn't much to see here and it doesn't really tell me anything.

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Threadwhining and attacking the community.
Well that's depressing.

Not the footage, you lot. What a bunch of whiney moaning thankless rash arses you all are.
The game isn't out for another 8 months, we don't know how the gun play feels. What all the characters look like, or how they're represented in the game, or indeed how it'll run on your favoured hardware.

Why don't you about what gameplay you've seen, and the how the world looks, or the artwork etc.
So far it's s been..

1. How the trailer was edited.
2. Downgraded!
3. They're racists.

Another 45 minutes of footage like last year would of been great but I'll take what I can get right now as it still looks like it'll be one of the best games in a long time as far as I'm concerned.

Oct 27, 2017
It felt like a condensed form of what they showed last year. Would've been way better to see some more dialogue trees and generally more open world wandering. But I suspect that is coming in the next few months.

By all accounts the unedited version of what they showed was tonnes better. Either way I've not seen a more interesting open world game.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
Last year it looked like this, so maybe they are planning to go back to this near the release
4l51eUN.jpg
Hopefully atleast this and the UI. UI looks great here

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
Any developer here for a question? At what time a company print the disks with the game? 1 Month from the release date?

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
I can understand the IQ being blurry because it was a stream...
But why still blurry for the official upload. That doesn't look like something running on 2080ti at all.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
A playstyle where you hack everything with your eyes sounds pretty compelling. Like don't even need to fire a bullet just hack.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Game doesn't look as impressive as it used to graphically, but still a day 1 buy for me. I wish it was a next gen console game.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me want to try out the ttrpg.

Not sure how big the ttRPG community is on Era but has anyone ever play the system?
It's quite good. Very unlike a lot of other ttrpg systems in that it is specifically skill-based yet there are still discrete classes. Ranged and melee combat have completely different kinds of resolution.

It's not the kind of game where you look for metas mechanically, because that would be exhausting. Lots of what you do in CP2020 has to do with choices, personality, and approach. It's a very versatile system.

Because it's a ttrpg, it's more open-ended than what they can do here in 2077, but I won't lie: they seem to be doing a really good job of approximating it for a different medium.

My only complaint is that I would like to see more social nuance vs combat, but that's sort of a consequence of the medium and the appeal they are going for as a videogame.

The ttrpg is real good. Imagine Shadowrun with no magic, harsher rules, and more 80s glam vibes. That's CP2020.

Oh, and a lot more vanity. A LOT.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
The demo footage was originally recorded at 1080p and upscaled for YT 4K. Explains why it looks blurry.

The footage was recorded in 1080p and upscaled to 4K, to utilise YouTube's higher bitrate for 4K videos. It's not specified what format it's running on but previously CD Projekt has insisted on using only a relatively modestly powered PC.

Nvidia might be mentioning 2080Ti to market their own GPU.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any developer here for a question? At what time a company print the disks with the game? 1 Month from the release date?

There were a few devs that posted right after the reveal last year. However since then we've had a year of 2077 threads where tons of people have been calling CDPR transphobic and racist. I really doubt any of the devs would still be here honestly.

Much more likely to get a reply from their twitter account

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Well that's depressing.

Not the footage, you lot. What a bunch of whiney moaning thankless rash arses you all are.
The game isn't out for another 8 months, we don't know how the gun play feels. What all the characters look like, or how they're represented in the game, or indeed how it'll run on your favoured hardware.

Why don't you about what gameplay you've seen, and the how the world looks, or the artwork etc.
So far it's s been..

1. How the trailer was edited.
2. Downgraded!
3. They're racists.

Another 45 minutes of footage like last year would of been great but I'll take what I can get right now as it still looks like it'll be one of the best games in a long time as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't had the chance to watch the footage.

Are people saying racist based on something that's in the game or because CDPR did something on twitter stupid again?

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It doesn't seem very graphically impressive but I'm still looking forward to it.

the art direction is phenomenal. That being said,technically it's not that impressive and that's because it's being released on current gen. I really hope they have a next gen build ready for porting after new consoles get released

On another topic,does the demo have heavy chromatic abberation effects? Because it seems so to me and I hate it with a passion

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
It's quite good. Very unlike a lot of other ttrpg systems in that it is specifically skill-based yet there are still discrete classes. Ranged and melee combat have completely different kinds of resolution.

It's not the kind of game where you look for metas mechanically, because that would be exhausting. Lots of what you do in CP2020 has to do with choices, personality, and approach. It's a very versatile system.

Because it's a ttrpg, it's more open-ended than what they can do here in 2077, but I won't lie: they seem to be doing a really good job of approximating it for a different medium.

My only complaint is that I would like to see more social nuance vs combat, but that's sort of a consequence of the medium and the appeal they are going for as a videogame.

The ttrpg is real good. Imagine Shadowrun with no magic, harsher rules, and more 80s glam vibes. That's CP2020.

Oh, and a lot more vanity. A LOT.

Anything you'd suggest I buy/red to try it out and learn?

I'm currently apart of a D&D 5E campaign and a Star Wars campaign using the FFG system which is incredible. It's more narrative focused but it's my first time using it so I am learning. Took me forever to find a group for Star Wars, can't say I've ever seen anyone on reddit or in local discords for Cyberpunk.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'm currently apart of a D&D 5E campaign and a Star Wars campaign using the FFG system which is incredible. It's more narrative focused but it's my first time using it so I am learning. Took me forever to find a group for Star Wars, can't say I've ever seen anyone on reddit or in local discords for Cyberpunk.

I am currently doing the same! If you want to get into Cyberpunk 2020, I would suggest the base rulebook and the Chromebook. Only the former is needed, but the latter really (un)fleshes out a lot of things that are useful for players and GMs.

*Edited because internet fuckery.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Will NPCs actually remember who you are in this? One of the weirdest parts of Witcher 3 was how as soon as a quest ended most characters acted like they'd never met Geralt.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im excited for the release, but this didnt "wow" me. Looks like solid gameplay. Im way more interested in the characters and the stories within the game.
But im sure what skill build im going to be:

8PN2WOZ.jpg

I did shoot more than enough stuff in other games.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not so bullish on the rendering quality - especially if it was indeed captured on a 2080ti - but I like to see that the high NPC density seems to still be there. Open worlds devoid of many NPCs has been a big problem with open world games this gen, and really kills the believability. I think it will be something that really sets this game apart from others.

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
Hi, I'm black. Trying to paint this demo as some white supremacist power fantasy is a giant stretch. Dexter Deshaun, T-Bug, Placide, Brigett are all dope as fuck characters that are unapologetically black and I'm loving it. To my eyes and my taste this game is shaping up to be the most ethnically diverse AAA game on the horizon.
So calling a group of black people animals means nothing now as long as it's a game you are looking forward to?
I'm not trying to paint the demo as anything.
There was one instance from the narration aligned with the gameplay that I had an issue with. Loads of people chose to ignore my comment which is fine, but to pile on and say my take is invalid seems like there is no room left for conversation. So be it

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I am currently doing the same! If you want to get into Cyberpunk 2020, I would suggest the base rulebook and the Chromebook. Only the former is needed, but the latter really (un)fleshes out a lot of things that are useful for players and GMs.

Been thinking about getting this myself and just playing it. With two campaigns I can really only play one shots. I'm all for lore though.

CPRedJumpstartKitBoxMockup1__74042.1561500797.jpg

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
So calling a group of black people animals means nothing now as long as it's a game you are looking forward to?
There was one instance from the narration aligned with the gameplay that I had an issue with. Loads of people chose to ignore my comment which is fine, but to pile on and say my take is invalid seems like there is no room left for conversation. So be it
As a black guy you're trying so hard.....

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So calling a group of black people animals means nothing now as long as it's a game you are looking forward to
It's not a group of black people being called animals. It's a gang that has black people in it, along with other races. If these were the only black people in the game you'd have a point, but they aren't. Besides that we know why they're called the animals and it has nothing to do with the racist connotations of blacks as uncultured savages. They're the animals because of their focus on raw strength above all else, but they're also savvy enough to be big time dealers in the black market for their "Juice" drug. Just focusing on this one aspect of the gang, their name, and ignoring all the other context given is disingenuous I feel.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I was perfectly happy with what I was seeing until the "fluid class system" part. I hate that. Class specialization adds so much to replayability. Meh.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington

Are you black?

Because there's nothing I hate more than a white person telling me, as a minority, how I should feel about something on the topic of race. I know how it is to be talked down because of my skin, this isn't it.

Oct 29, 2017

Huh. Its pretty shitty to assume all the gang members of a specific gang are all black

Because they've said so otherwise...

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
.....what? If anything, it adds MUCH more reliability.
I disagree, but then again my experience with a class system like that was Fallout 4. You get every ability and do everything there is to do on your first playthrough and that's pretty much in. The end of the video gives me some hope, though, so even if you can be a jack-of-all-trades and master-of-all, I have faith CDPR can pull off a legit branching questline.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks excellent, as always, and I can't fucking wait. There's clearly no overt visual downgrade at all.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the changes made to the hacking UI and character creation UI. Which is fine, because CDPR explicitly said in the original demo that a lot of this stuff would change (they reiterated several times that the hacking stuff in particular was very early and likely to change). It's functionally the same stuff, but I adored the aesthetic of the original hacking UI. I'm guessing it was probably terrible readability though.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Gameplay looks really cool, as well as the different ways of playing. Technically, it looks par for the course (to me). Art direction is amazing, though.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of warming up to the whole sun-baked cyberpunk look. It's distinct and new, and I love the clutter and overly post-commercial look of everything. It looks like a summer in a city feels - hot and loud and crowded and tough to get around. Hope the soundscape conveys the same thing - sirens, rattling music, distant whistling and shouts here and there, engines, lots of Doppler effect going on. Witcher III soundwork was outstanding so I hope the city just feels loud and concussive, because it looks that way.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
For people saying "downgrade" , yeah no shit stuff you see at E3 isn't representative of the current product. Lot of smoke and mirrors.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yikes. it looks like deus ex now graphically. which is fine but definitely not how it looked at E3