• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A Microsoft and Nintendo friendship where they team up to destroy Sony would be incredible. Microsoft's tech and PC base + Switch and Nintendo games would be incredible.

Could you imagine a 4k Mario on PC or the NextBox?
Why the heck would killing off competition be good?

Anyways glad it's coming to switch. One of the few Xbox games I found interesting.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
A Microsoft and Nintendo friendship where they team up to destroy Sony would be incredible. Microsoft's tech and PC base + Switch and Nintendo games would be incredible.

Why would they need MS to put their games on PC? If they wanted to. they would have already. Also their franchises is all they have. There was literally no reason to buy a Nintendo system if not for the exclusives (that changed with the Switch obviously), while MS' focus seems to be their services or bring their services to as many platforms as possible.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why the heck would killing off competition be good?

Anyways glad it's coming to switch. One of the few Xbox games I found interesting.
I don't literally mean destruction. Just join together to grow their market share. Sony has a massive one already. Nintendo has been about good games and with the Switch mobile gaming and home gaming are together. Microsoft has no entry into japan really but if their games came out on Nintendo consoles they could easily push more.

That and they could have enhanced versions of Nintendo games on the Xbox consoles.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Good on Microsoft! This is one of X1s strongest titles to come out. And this is a perfect switch game.

Also, one the most challenging and rewarding games I've played!!

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
that is from 2017. things change. their last DLC announcement said something like "console launch exclusive" at e3 2018.

edit: @ 1:12:50

I know things can change but developers/publishers/etc need to stop being certain on exclusivity when its not.

I don't want a Tomb Raider situation again with lies and deciet from an actually good company. I want to support them on multiple platforms and make them raise to greater and better things.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Love that I'll get a chance to play this game

Nov 8, 2017

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished preloading! Can't wait for release date. Been wanting to play this game since it was announced for Xbox. Really happy that I will finally have the chance to play it.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best looking games of all time. Happy more ppl are gonna get to play a game that's a must IMO. It's gonna sell like crazy.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Oh jeez...Cuphead and Mugman have literally thousands of frames of animation a piece. I cry just thinking about it.
Sounds stressful
I can't imagine all the work that will have to go into that hand drawn Cuphead introduction trailer for Smash Ultimate DLC Season 2.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

giphy.gif

And lol if you think you're getting any Nintendo games on Xbox or PC.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
So is the Cuphead IP owned by Microsoft?

I hope this paved the way for Rare Replay

As the OP says, Cuphead is fully owned by Studio MDHR, not Microsoft.

Anyway, I'm excited to play this game! I always thought it looked gorgeous, and never got around to getting the PC version. It seems perfect to play on a portable.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Finally get to play this gem! It was at the top of the "if I get an Xbox ever, I'll definitely buy this exclusive" list!

My patience saved me ~$200!

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
Nah one of the devs (Teeth) said it was owned by the studio. I think it's possible MS has some exclusivity rights, otherwise I don't know why they've taken so long to port to other platforms.

it would seem that Microsoft have just relaxed whatever their rights are to allow this. Nintendo thanked Microsoft for helping to bring the game to Switch and the devs have stated several times that the game was console-exclusive to Xbox but Microsoft seem to be shifting their strategy in a lot of areas and decided to be good guys about it.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
As a switch Xbox owner I'm loving the collaboration between the two companies. It's not something I thought I'd ever see in my lifetime. But my switch is happy!