• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
XRP re-flipped ADA on Coingecko. Hopefully XRP continues to push ahead throughout December and January. So close now...so close...

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
She should just give him cash and let him sort it out unless buying it as a gift for someone doesn't count as a taxable event.
You can gift up $15,000 to an individual without having to file a gift tax return for the year. Even if the amount exceeds $15,000, I believe it would just count against your lifetime exemption (which is over $11 million).

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018

2. Backend functionality for Token Issuance
Developers can now deploy QRC20 contracts on Ethereum.
QRC20 is the new multi-DLT standard for digital assets developed by Quant. Its purpose is to unlock single-DLT limitations for new digital assets and tokens, and enable a transition from ERC20 to QRC20 for existing tokens

Developers can use Overledger's API to choose which QRC20 functions they want to include in a Smart Contract, and DLT fees can be paid using Metamask.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
Xrp close to flipping ada on CMC. If it happens we should see XRP go up a bit more as bot algo rebalance their portfolios.

bagomagik

Jan 8, 2019
I've found the most success by really getting in there and finding an undervalued project that fits an up-and-coming narrative. The first for me was AVAX in the summer. Now it's Defi Kingdoms on Harmony (coming soon to AVAX). DFK is the first blockchain game who's appeal makes sense to me, even with the NFTs angle of it. I'm not playing it tho, I'm just farming the in game token Jewel. Happy hunting!

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I would hold ELS because it has more X potential than XRP till the run up to February.
I checked the exchange rate now on XUMM and my ELS this moment would net me around 450ish XRP instead of the potential 500 to 600 XRP I could have received exchanging only HALF of my ELS holdings 🙃

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on Matic? Seems to have some staying power compared to the other coins I'm following.
I went from planning to sell half of it after doubling in price to becoming a long-term hold. Best performing asset in my portfolio. It's the only one that has beaten my lifetime ETH returns and I've been earning the highest average APY from it compared to other cyrpto.

I decided not to sell half after understand it's purpose and learning more about it over the course of a couple of months.

As long as ETH is a leading altcoin, MATIC will be there, so I think it's worth DCAing into and holding. It already has its own ecosystem of dapps as well.

I bought some LRC to diversify, but I will sell actually sell some LRC if it happens to explode this time.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I went from planning to sell half of it after doubling in price to becoming a long-term hold. Best performing asset in my portfolio. It's the only one that has beaten my lifetime ETH returns and I've been earning the highest average APY from it compared to other cyrpto.

I decided not to sell half after understand it's purpose and learning more about it over the course of a couple of months.

As long as ETH is a leading altcoin, MATIC will be there, so I think it's worth DCAing into and holding. It already has its own ecosystem of dapps as well.

I bought some LRC to diversify, but I will sell actually sell some LRC if it happens to explode this time.

Cool. I only have 100 coins but definitely thinking about getting more.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.coindesk.com

Crypto Exchange Bitpanda Lists Bitcoin Exchange-Traded Note on Deutsche Boerse

The note is physically backed by bitcoin kept in cold storage and will trade in euros.

That's uhm, big? Can't actually get more bullish on Bitpanda but here we are. JFYI, there will be several companies using the Bitpanda White Label starting next year. All those transactions will be implemented that they run across the Bitpanda platform, which means even more volume. Also, White Label partners can now also purchase BEST to take advantage of the best spreads and transaction fees. So not only will all the costumers be able to buy BEST, also the companies have a high incentive in holding to get the best offers. Starting next year, the Bitpanda Launchpad will also allow you to participate in IEOs. BEST holder will probably get an advantage there, so… I would say that major projects that don't want regulatory issues will try to do their offering through them. BEST really is an early BNB, not only with more regulatory safety but also completely new incentives that aren't even on BNB. Several companies on a run to get the most token first is also a great way to reduce the circulating supply.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
IOTA pre staking starts today: https://blog.iota.org/iota-staking-start/

If you have any iota I recommend you stake them to get free Assembly/Shimmer coins.

IOTA also got into the second stage of the European Blockchain Services Infrastructure, which is a pretty big deal: https://digital-strategy.ec.europa.eu/en/news/european-blockchain-pre-commercial-procurement

I have some on Bitrue and they won't let me get them out. Withdrawal suspended... How convenient

Namaste

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys ever feel guilty for closing a position? For me I sold my Matic for the time being last night when it hit $2.69usd which is a new all time high for the coin. I made a really really good profit so that part is nice. Part of me saw it retracing and part of it was just I was getting tired of watching it constanly. It will no doubt double again now that I sold. If I'm being honest I felt over exposed in alt coins so I wanted to trim my position and revaluate when and If I want to re enter. For now I am going to invest the money in my retirement accounts to max out my 2022 contribution room.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys ever feel guilty for closing a position? For me I sold my Matic for the time being last night when it hit $2.69usd which is a new all time high for the coin. I made a really really good profit so that part is nice. Part of me saw it retracing and part of it was just I was getting tired of watching it constanly. It will no doubt double again now that I sold. If I'm being honest I felt over exposed in alt coins so I wanted to trim my position and revaluate when and If I want to re enter. For now I am going to invest the money in my retirement accounts to max out my 2022 contribution room.

I know what you mean. There are several things that I held long, which gave me a really nice ROI, and that I've left where I felt kinda attached to. Some I still follow even if I don't hold a single coin anymore.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's really happening guys. If Binance would've announced this, BNB would've gone through the roof.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't once thought about cardano selling half of the position for a couple % of what I bought it at 8 months prior..

It was more of a diversification play and I felt much better after doing it.

For Matic that's one altcoin that I wouldn't trim my position on vs other ALTs I have. The only thing I'm going to sell is the interest I've made on it, but that wouldn't be until it's closer to $5.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any recommendations on a credit card that gives good crypto rewards? I may need a new credit to separate my business expenses and I would love to use that one to just start building out a crypto balance.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
never trade with regret, especially if you made a profit! Before you buy sell you should always try to ask yourself will I regret this trade if x happens, that should help you make your decision

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

It's really happening guys. If Binance would've announced this, BNB would've gone through the roof.

I agree to a point, but I think BEST is inaccessible for U.S. folks IIRC. I am usually horribly out of date on this stuff though, but I looked into it some months back. You can probably do those swaps and pay a million eth to get it, but I doubt many people will jump at that.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

As a trader or investor your absolute #1 priority is protecting and preserving your capital.
Your trade, your money. Get those profits.

Market will always be there, 24/7. You're not missing out.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Holiday rally still in play for Bitcoin. Broke 50k. S&P 500 is also closing in on ATH in America before holiday stoppage.

Could be a green weekend.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for that bear market und bitcoin sub 42,000 crash you guys promised me.

If you are referring to me, yes I previously provided charts on why I thought Bitcoin could touch 35k (via a wick) in December. But, once Bitcoin survived last week above 45k and broke the trend, I stated that I was wrong and that I thought we would see an upward trend for the rest of the 2021.

As far as 2022 goes, that is anyone's guess. It's hard to continually predict high risk assets such as cryptocurrency. I personally think December will end on a bullish trend, but I'm not super confident regarding January and beyond. 🤷‍♂️

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Happy $100 dollar Christmas to my fellow LUNAtics.

Making generational wealth from an environmentally friendly proof of stake network.

Era am cry!

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
User banned (2 weeks): antagonizing other users, prior bans for trolling other users
Era: White supremacists probably got that $100 too. Fail.
You're really going to trivialize the troubling adoption of cryptocurrencies by white supremacist groups to fund their dangerous operations?

No wonder this thread and crypto as a whole is considered a joke on this site (aside from all the other reasons crypto is a joke of course).

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
No wonder this thread and crypto as a whole is considered a joke on this site (aside from all the other reasons crypto is a joke of course).

There are plenty of other threads for you to prosecute this argument in. This isn't one of them.

If I went in to the Anime OT and suggested they are all trivialising pedophilia I would expect to be shown the door.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
You're really going to trivialize the troubling adoption of cryptocurrencies by white supremacist groups to fund their dangerous operations?

No i'm not and i even thought about joining the discussion in that thread. The thing is that 100% of posts arguing in there, who aren't wishing crypto to vanish, are labeled as crypto stans/shills (or white supremacy apologist in that thread) , so these threads are really only a circle jerk where one opinion is allowed.
I and many others who are in crypto are well aware of all the negative things who are tied to crypto and it also gets brought up here (scams, energy consumption, fraud etc) but the atmosphere in other crypto threads is really bad so it doesn't encourage constructive discussion and instead gets heated very fast.

But you have your mind set up so this post was in vain.

Last edited:

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's funny, because while we all know that the adoption of crypto is actually important and everyone has the same chance in doing so, Era is completely neglecting it because the right side started a bit earlier/ or you can at least see a more prominent right swing. So much for an intentional falling behind. It would actually be important to not let is slip into the right hands completely. But as soon as a thread is opened everyone gets just hammered. I'd rethink what you wrote and then come again. Because it's tiresome. It's actually troubling that this happens and I also understand why some give it up to educate others on this board, seeing that some on Era have it so backwards and literally join the "old man yells at cloud" gif. Era runs in circles and will probably die with the same topics of ten years ago, + and -. Forums are not attractive anymore so it's clear that we also deal with people that might not want to use something new anymore - which already shows the lack of education for newer stuff. In this thread the discussions are actually pretty well thought through and most that are really active in here have been for years, so we actually know what we talk about, rather than an uninformed "shiiiills, crypto baaaad, ScAhMs oHnly". Some of the biggest projects will inevitably come from blockchain and some are already there. There's no stopping and you will see it grow and grow.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Christmas to all the Cryptocurrency OT members 🎄
May you all be alright and enjoy your winter holidays.

At last, we finally got back on the top of the christmas tree this year (heh). Cowen was right. All it needed was giving him 500k subscribers for that 50k BTC.

Nov 30, 2017

why are you investing in Stocks and using the US Dollar? Those are both used by every dangerous entity to make money.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Merry Christmas to all the Cryptocurrency OT members 🎄
May you all be alright and enjoy your winter holidays.

At last, we finally got back on the top of the christmas tree this year (heh). Cowen was right. All it needed was giving him 500k subscribers for that 50k BTC.

Yeah nice. I wish you all also merry christmas guys!
May your christmas tree be full of nice
bags
. :p
For me the run is not over so hold tight!

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017

Well, the U.S. government is the biggest terrorist and they use fiat. Something called USD? It has a crypto special edition called USDT too.

Depends what your flavour is.

Mate, we're all about the moonshot and NFTs. You think we care about the rest you folk? Jog on.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
^ You forgot that some of us have a global drug ring to run :) , so crypto is essential.
FBI, don't @ me.

Last edited:

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While Binance has issues giving users their IOTA to stake for Assembly and Shimmer, Bitpanda announced that it looks into staking for all IOTA holder on the Bitpanda broker.

Talking about being consumer friendly. Bitpanda is on a winning spree the last few weeks.