• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Did anything get posted about Discord-invites for the people that did sign up on time but either didn't receive a reply or missed the 30 minute window? I sent Drifters_ a PM on Saturday, well before the deadline, and didn't receive anything, plus I've seen people post they missed the invites because they were sent out at 6 AM for them.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anything get posted about Discord-invites for the people that did sign up on time but either didn't receive a reply or missed the 30 minute window? I sent Drifters_ a PM on Saturday, well before the deadline, and didn't receive anything, plus I've seen people post they missed the invites because they were sent out at 6 AM for them.

Not that I saw, I sent 2 PM's no response at all.

Stupid question "start a conversation" is a PM on this board right?

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
so got off the phone with my credit card company, and apparently you cant buy cryptocurrency with credit card anymore (in canada)
that sucks. any workaround?

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
so got off the phone with my credit card company, and apparently you cant buy cryptocurrency with credit card anymore (in canada)

Honestly this is probably for the best. I wonder how many people who maxed out credit cards with money they don't have are sweating right now.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How about you don't do it?

You are essentially taking on 18 percent debt to finance an investment in a security with no protection and is extremely volatile and declined 50 percent in three weeks.

This is worse than people buying houses they can't afford as a house at least has some value in that you can live in it and someone will buy it

crafton

Oct 28, 2017

You are essentially taking on 18 percent debt to finance an investment in a security with no protection and is extremely volatile and declined 50 percent in three weeks.

This is worse than people buying houses they can't afford as a house at least has some value in that you can live in it and someone will buy it

To be fair I buy all my crypto currency on my credit card and just pay it off right away so that I don't accrew any interest. Iwouldn't feel comfortable giving an exchange my debit card details, I also get reward points too.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018

can you expand on this? When did this happen?

Coinbase you can link your debit card if you have interact/debit. All though I haven't bought in a few days so not sure if that was taken down too if what you say above is true.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017

Dont feel comfortable linking my bank account, so i use credit.
im not an idiot who;s gonna max out my card with this. just gonna put what i can afford.if i make a bit of profit, great. if not, so be it. won;t be losing much

aleminkirali

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Can i also have an invite to the discord channel?
2. Now that the prices have dropped what are the suggestions for long term investment? I have invested in Kyber with the ICO. Looking forward the wepower ICO.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
can you expand on this? When did this happen?

Coinbase you can link your debit card if you have interact/debit. All though I haven't bought in a few days so not sure if that was taken down too if what you say above is true.
card company said new legislation that just came out. said debit may not work either

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh I use my CC for crypto. Mainly because I can pay off everything I'm spending, and it's a rewards card soooo win win.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
card company said new legislation that just came out. said debit may not work either
I somehow doubt that there was new legislation. It would have been all over CBC and the political subreddits (and even posted at Canada-PoliERA here) if that was the case. I think the credit card company just got tired of people filing chargebacks.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
I somehow doubt that there was new legislation. It would have been all over CBC and the political subreddits (and even posted at Canada-PoliERA here) if that was the case. I think the credit card company just got tired of people filing chargebacks.

I agree with this. I have been searching google and nothing. With all the bitcoin news lately it would be all over the place.

Also nothing from my boss, we would of made a big announcement since we have a fraud department here.

Sounds like something a call center agent over heard and just put out there.

But..... Canada might get into the game and start trying to regulate things more. Shakey times ahead as who knows what and how far governments are going to go in cracking down on crypto.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
i think your right. i tried to google it and found nothing. just an easy way to get people to shut up

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The prices are at what they were just 6 weeks ago. Why is everyone panicking about bubble burst and end of bitcoin.

Zoom your chart out and stop believing everything the established mainstream media tells you.

Basicially Hodl and calm the fuck down. Crash my ass.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright--- all the invites are out. If you got a PM into me before the Monday midnight deadline and have NOT gotten an invite, please shoot me a PM and I will get that resolved as soon as I see it.

We will announce the next date and time of Discord sign ups in the coming weeks ahead.
=drift

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
That log scale is pretty misleading...

The calls for "this is the end" are accurate. Thats the part that matters. Every single large retracement accompanies the naysayers getting confident and calling for the end, only to vanish into thin air while grunting about GPU costs when the market recovers, lol.

nonuser

Oct 27, 2017
Woo, climbing (hope it's not a bull trap). Sad that I missed out on buying ETH sub 800, but hindsight is 20/20 and who knows what will tomorrow bring!

Edit: Falling a bit.

Jan 9, 2018
Quick question I have for simple portfolio organization. When I started, I used exclusively eth to buy/sell alts. Now that I'm digging deeper and using exchanges that require btc only. So I'm starting to think more in sats than ether.

Wiser to think/work entirely in btc value and think of eth as an alt?

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put another 500 on ETH. Time to walk away and think about something other than crypto for a day or two :P

Ryufujin

Oct 28, 2017
Bought 1 ETH at around 800 this morning, starting to look like I made the right call but we'll see later tonight/next morning.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking of how safety nets can be built into standards, like an updated ERC20, to protect people. I'm not wanting to regurgitate existing archaic institutional policies--at least without significant updates.

I'm not sure how you can stop most manipulative trading by building something into a token standard.

Perhaps you could offer some other consumer protection features though. I suppose you could build a feature into a token standard that forces some sort of trading restriction on tokens that are for a platform that doesn't exist yet, or a penalty for trading such tokens, or just force a warning message in a wallet app for those tokens that they are presently 100% useless. A way around that would be to use a different token standard, but if one standard becomes recognized as the safest for investors, then any other token types would be looked at with more suspicion. The exchanges would probably also have to build in some functionality to support those features, since most exchanges don't write their users' trades to the respective blockchains right away, if at all. They just update their own internal records, which don't have to touch a blockchain.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
People need to stop getting overexcited every time BTC/ETH goes a little green.