• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Sekiro: Shadows Crash Twice.

giphy.gif

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Online is broken af.
What the hell is this mess lol.
Guess I'll stick with story mode (that's amazing btw) until they fix the multiplayer.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It may be a little early to ask, but I would love it if Sekiro: Shadows Crash Twice would be the OT2 for this thread, should we get that far that is.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Right I need to load the original up becuase these relic challenges feel twice as hard as they were originally. Feels like you have no leeway at all for going just wide of a box. Maybe it's my memory. Even gold on mystery caves is near impossible. Hit near every box, get tons of slide boosts and still a second off.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, online is completely broken right now. Teleporting everywhere, TNT stuck on my head, game crashing to PS4 main menu. Quite shocking that they sent it out in this state honestly, perhaps there'll be a patch tomorrow for the official release.

I will say that the CNK tracks in this game look amazing. Clockwork Wumpa in particular feels just right to play.

Don't forget the sheer hammering the servers are getting. Day 1 online on any game is like this.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide for the life of me what system I want it on (PS4 or Switch).

How does it play in handheld mode on Switch? The N.Sane Trilogy was really blurry undocked.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Every track in this game rocks. The CNK tracks in particular are really, really good. I've yet to come across one that I dislike.

The one exception to all of this is Sewer Speedway. The shortcut is almost impossible to reach if you don't hit it at a 90 degree angle. And then the camera will get funky mid-air after you leave the shortcut through the tunnel at the end. To top it all off, you can't drive on the walls like in the original. Instead, the game pushes you down and it just sucks. The entire track feels very janky, which is odd because literally every other track feels smooth.

Right I need to load the original up becuase these relic challenges feel twice as hard as they were originally. Feels like you have no leeway at all for going just wide of a box. Maybe it's my memory.
It's not just you. It feels like the hitbox on those things is tiny. I had to give up on getting some Platinum's for now while I finish up the rest of the game.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
They obviously knew online was broken, I wonder if that was why the review embargo is set for launch. Most games nowadays seems to have the embargo a day before at least or even earlier.

Oct 25, 2017
Super split on which difficulty mode to pick from. I feel pretty seasoned from the classic game, but it sounds like hard is super tough even then?

Oct 28, 2017
Oh this is horseshit it's gone midnight and the game is still locked. I stayed up for this even though I have work at 6am.

Ok crisis averted it's starting now lol

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I've never played ctr before somehow over the entirety of my life. If I enjoy Mario kart would I be into this a lot?

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
It's not just you. It feels like the hitbox on those things is tiny. I had to give up on getting some Platinum's for now while I finish up the rest of the game.
It's damn near impossible to hit stuff powersliding, I swear. Give me my gold relic! This is like getting plat on the original.

Doesn't help that it's often not applying the landing turbo properly off the turtles.

Edit: FINALLY got it. Holy crap. I don't even want to know what the plat score is.

Last edited:

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So I've never played ctr before somehow over the entirety of my life. If I enjoy Mario kart would I be into this a lot?
I have not played any Mario Kart since 64, but CTR was a more fast paced action-y version of Mario Kart with a wierd story and really cartoony charachters. So if that sounds good it should be something to try out.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
God damn. I hope this get fixed by the time I pick it up. It probably will cuz Activision will support this game unlike Sega and TSR.
Fun fact: It's been a month, lobbies still work horribly and the PS4 audio glitch is still there :P. I'm not holding out too much hope on a patch at this point.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten 101% and beaten all Oxide ghosts in anticipation the past few week, and yeah, hard mode is HARD. But it really feels like I'm getting messed over by items more than anything.

Imma do classic first, I just wanted to try it out. Honestly something about the game feels a little off to me.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Fun fact: It's been a month, lobbies still work horribly and the PS4 audio glitch is still there :P. I'm not holding out too much hope on a patch at this point.

Yeah it's so sad because it could be so fun to play. Since the game seems to not have done that great, they probably won't bother with a patch :(.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru

Here's a sample of online. Like I said before, I'm a newbie so I'm sorry that my driving isn't quite up to par yet! But yeah, this time the TNT went into gigantic mode...

Damn that's a shame for those looking to jump straight to online mode. I hope playing online with friends located nearby will be much better though, because I plan to do that over the weekend.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I was going to get this, but 30fps on Pro? Devs obviously didn't give a shit.
Not only did they faithfully remake CTR, they put in all tracks and characters from CNK plus a shitton of customization and extra features + plan to support the game with free content for months to come. All this for only 40€/$. Yet the devs clearly didn't give a shit.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be real honest but the game feels a lot heavier and really off for me in general. I've only tried speed characters so far (but even in the original I felt like I had more control with them) but I can say for sure hops are just worse now.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
When your XB1X and Pro versions are identical (identically bad framepacing too) I would say it is pretty embarrassing. It shows the 1X version was an afterthought.

I expect more from PS1 remakes than 1440p 30fps with poor pacing
isn't the fact it's a ps1 remake completely irrelevant when the entire thing is built up from scratch

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
isn't the fact it's a ps1 remake completely irrelevant when the entire thing is built up from scratch
You are conveniently ignoring that the console with a stronger CPU and GPU still is identical to the Pro. Hopefully they take advantage of the power this time is all I'm saying. Loved the game back in the day but I don't like supporting that kind of stuff.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Welp looks like im gonna wait for a few patches

Kenagain

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm visiting the Uk and I downloaded this on the Switch. The time zone change is really throwing me off, does anyone know when I will be able to play? Thanks!

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I'd at least like to believe they are confident they can get the online working properly, hopefully sooner than later, considering they seem to heavily invest in post launch online content.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loading times are awful on Xbox One X, tried on internal and external (4To 3.5" which is faster), it's faster on the external but still very long mostly after a race to see the podium you can't skip.

I did not play CTR since more than 20 years but it's still fun and gameplay came back quickly despite playing a lot of Team Sonic Racing lately.