• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass does deals like that all the time. You'll cash in eventually

Oddly enough, I have multiple codes, but they keep running these offers that work with lapsed memberships, so I just keep letting it lapse and redoing them.
One I got last Feb from some Xbox quest, and I just noticed it said I had til June 2018 to redeem it. It still worked, and I was afraid they'd get around to killing it before Crackdown, so I redeemed it, lol.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't prepared for quite how good this would look in campaign in 4k/HDR. The art style is definitely not for everyone but, as a huge OG Crackdown nerd, wowzers. I think it looks fantastic.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
My first impression was...why can't I target an enemy head or limbs? And then I leveled up the shooting...and there it was!

The game looks gorgeous.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
If you can get past the repetitiveness this game is at least an 8 imo
i didn't even realize I was doing the same stuff over and over until I watched the giant bomb quick look and they mentioned it lol. Just running around and blowing stuff up is so much fun in this game I can do it without any mission variety. The enemy encounters are always different anyway. They absolutely nailed the main gameplay of this game.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Multiplayer is such a mess. Played a game and yeaaaah. Think I've experienced everything this mode has to offer. Lmao.

Campaign is more fun than it has any right to be though. Spent like 4 hours just collecting orbs and destroying shit. Good stuff

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I've played the game for about 3-4 hours now. It is certainly not worth $60 but checking it out on Game Pass is extremely worth it. I'm having so much fun just exploring and blowing things up.

One gripe I do have so far is 21:9 support. It works great in-game but cutscenes are standard 16:9 which is a bummer.

Last edited:

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me what button is used to jump? Is it A? Want to map jumping to my Elite Controller back right paddle tonight if possible before I play the game tomorrow.
TIA

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Random question, didn't crackdown 1 come with access to the halo 3 beta? Pretty sure that's how Microsoft got me into this series haha

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm glad they did was break down each section of the city with how many orbs, and etc that needs to be unlocked. No more searching forever for those last two freaking orbs in Crackdown 1. Also no leaderboards for the races?

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, had a total blast playing this game with my oldest son on 'Legendary' difficulty in campaign co-op tonight. We both really enjoyed it and were definitely chasing down any orb that we could find during our session too. This was our first Crackdown game, and it really is just the straight up good video game time that my friend at work had told me about from Crackdown 1. It also looks incredible IMO in native 4K HDR on the Xbox One X, as the graphics art style and neon colors and such really are something unique that I haven't seen before myself in anything that I have played.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Just put a few hours into the PC version and knocked a big chunk of the island out.

The game is a total blast. Boosting around the city and collecting orbs is just as fun as it was in the original. The gameplay is pretty dated but its still fun to clear out the enemy bases and tick each objective off of the map. I'm really enjoying it so far. It's definitely the junk food equivalent of gaming.

PC version runs really well too on my 1070 at 1440p, but the hitches mentioned in the Digital Foundry video are definitely there, yet minor.

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
something seems amiss, tried the campaign on coop with a friend on xbox (while im playing it on pc & ultra settings) graphic wise wasnt looking good while also there where some odd things going around with physics and so. Launched the game later on solo campaign without coop and seems to have better graphics and most of the odd things seem to be sorted out..

anyone getting the same?

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
So finally stopped for the day. Had a pretty good time, and I think I'm actually really enjoying the driving more than I thought I would.
Then again, I did start off with this:

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
something seems amiss, tried the campaign on coop with a friend on xbox (while im playing it on pc & ultra settings) graphic wise wasnt looking good while also there where some odd things going around with physics and so. Launched the game later on solo campaign without coop and seems to have better graphics and most of the odd things seem to be sorted out..

anyone getting the same?

The game will scale with who is hosting the game. So if you joined them it would run on Xbox One settings.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

anyone getting the same?

Traffic density in co-op play is determined by the lowest spec machine, so if your friend is playing on the base console you will notice the same reduction and might see some additional oddities as well. This is in place to prevent a dsync between the two platforms.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this literally plays similar to the original with better graphics and bigger map why would anyone be upset? Crackdown was a shit ton of fun in co-op back in the day

Deleted member 18515

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the 'campaign'. Loved it, but it was a little short. I pushed forward pretty aggressively and it was around 6-7 hours.

Getting all the collectables and clearing everything would probably take an extra 4 hours I'm guessing.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
12:01 am EST, go play it and judge for yourselves. I dont trust reviews anymore.
Agreed. Its midnight, Crackdown time is here.
I wasn't expecting Anthem or a deep story; I expected more ridiculous fun Crackdown style with better quality. I understand others expectations being around so many AAA games... but this is Crackdown.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's decently fun and looks nice.

Map seems very small with not enough tall structures though

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you load up the Wrecking Zone gamemode on your own just to play around with the destruction at your leisure?

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
It felt like a bad Crackdown game at first. I still have some reservations about the camera, the responsiveness, and a few other things, but I woke up at 1 AM to just give it a try, and I finally stopped playing at 6:30. It's Crackdown, and it's glorious.

By the way, I'm playing it on hard (not the hardest), and it feels just right. 5.5 hours later I'm nowhere near done, I haven't even seen some parts of the city yet.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm having a blast, getting those agility orbs is addictive! Loving almost everything about it. Well, besides the rather empty world.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Game is really fun and they added a LOT of stuff to do. I love the first one but it was definitely mindless and barren, this one at least has stuff to do around just about every corner.
I fail to see how this is averaging a score of 60 or how some reviewers really scored it lower than 5/10.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
If this literally plays similar to the original with better graphics and bigger map why would anyone be upset? Crackdown was a shit ton of fun in co-op back in the day

I mean, as a fan of the first game, this is a good version of that game modernized (somewhat).

It's nice as a gamepass thing, not sure it'd be worth a buy as it is.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Was working on Tram Stations until the game decided to stop spawning new enemies at "Clear Out Targets - 50%"

Onto Wrecking Zone I guess...

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
9EL1ItT.jpg

Destroy Valve? I know they rejected your acquisition offer Microsoft but that's a bit harsh.

All joking aside, I loved the multiplayer and the campaign is damn good too so far. It plays like a sharper, faster and more refined Crackdown 1 and I couldn't ask for anything else. Story is surprisingly ok too and the director is always a gem. The Metascore is way too harsh when games that are either buggy disasters or content starved $80 games get in the 70s. There's a decent amount to do and overall it's fun. Not all games have to be "Cinematic Experiences" (No offence to those, love them too).

Also, this is the last game to be released by Microsoft Studios. It's the end of an era and the beginning of another.

Apr 8, 2018
Played a bit of the campaign, and it's actually a bit more fun than I expected. My only big complaint atm would probably be the movement. Something just feels off about it imo. Will probably play more tomorrow while I wait for my Anthem trial to download.

Also, that Plasma Beam rifle seems pretty damn OP.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple hours last night. It's definitely a slow burn. At first it feels very janky, the camera seems odd, the movements seems less smooth. Once you get used to it and upgrade your character a little bit, it becomes very fun to traverse the map again. Combat is hit or miss: fun in theory but the lock-n didn't age that well, but in general it seems more balanced than in CD1. Loving the destruction options, and looking around for orbs is still as fun as ever, I probably have like 200 at this point. The missions being more varied than in CD1 is a plus too, albeit it still ultimately boils down to repetitive tasks. There's a lot of fun platforming parts, and figuring out how to reach some obscure orb is fun. Some of the hidden orbs are in rather ridiculous places, hope that there's a way to unlock some sort of pinging ability 'cause I haven't seen one yet. Driving is decent but it's more fun to jump around, so just like in CD1 I'll have my driving far below the other levels probably. I wanted to put the game down after an hour or so but I ended up playing almost 3. Until there's orbs to collect and bases to conquer, the game is a lot of fun to just lose time in. I understand why critics didn't enjoy it much, but it's Crackdown. I came here for Crackdown and it's what I got. I'm okay with that.

Haven't tried Wrecking Zone yet.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Played all three Wrecking Zone maps. Still a disaster. Campaign bugged on me so I couldn't progress how I wanted to which is a real fucking shame because I was actually having fun there. Beyond disappointed.

Onto Far Cry: New Dawn.