• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted more Crackdown with some additions. I got more Crackdown with some new additions. I also enjoyed Saints Row 3 and 4, so I'm pretty happy with the results all around.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I was thinking about it and I think Jim is a Terranova supervillain. That's why The Agency car always hit him, the game is obviously biased against him.

AMQciCHr_400x400.jpg

It screams super villain to me.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Peddling conspiracy theories.
By all means, please expound.

A far fetched and fantastical idea i know, the idea that some company, on the stock exchange would dangle some schwag in exchange, not only for good reviews, but also for poor reviews of the Competion. Never happen in this Utopia we call home.

Review scores fly directly in the face of the players consenus. Make of all that what you will.

Do i believe that Jim took schwag to review bomb? Absolutely not. But i do think he mailed in his effort, went in with preconcived notions about the game, and went along with the initial wave, and the notions, and lackadasical effort. Thus - "its a stinker"

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A far fetched and fantastical idea i know, the idea that some company, on the stock exchange would dangle some schwag in exchange, not only for good reviews, but also for poor reviews of the Competion. Never happen in this Utopia we call home.

Review scores fly directly in the face of the players consenus. Make of all that what you will.

Do i believe that Jim took schwag to review bomb? Absolutely not. But i do think he mailed in his effort, went in with preconcived notions about the game, and went along with the initial wave, and the notions, and lackadasical effort. Thus - "its a stinker"

Cool, baseless speculation and conjecture.

Good for you.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They telling me Moster Energy Supercross, Astroneer, Yokai Watch 3, and Melbits World, are all better than CrackDown 3?
Preposterous.
There is something Rotten in Denmark. Thats whats what.
I could believe that every one of those games is better than what I've played of Crackdown 3 and I'm baffled that you can't even imagine that to be the case.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like Agents of mayhem, just uninspired, with terrible movement, terrible gameplay, terrible enemies and terrible art.

I actually really liked Agents of Mayhem, but seeing this video I was just thinking how bad this looked compared to that even when it tried to be nearly exactly the same game.
Agents of Mayhem was clean, enemies animation was better, the controls felt snappy, the gameplay was fun (though a little repetitive becuase of budget), the art was nice and the multiple characters were fun. The 3 team system was actually tons of fun.
The sad thing is that this game will probably sell more than AoM :(

People, buy SR3, SR4 and AoM instead of this.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Are you seriously insinuating what I think you're insinuating

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Feels like a sign of the times for MS development teams. Its other experimental titles like Sea of Thieves and ReCore have some intriguing aspects and mechanics but are all weighed down by an inability to create well-rounded experiences. The new teams working on old series have received plenty of flack for their work.

This sort of stuff is just boggling compared to what Nintendo and Sony are doing. Even the games I don't like or find a lot less merit in than most people (God of War, to some extent Odyssey, whatever else) they still feel like modern, completely designed games. They don't feel like parts are just straight up half-assed, like when I was playing ReCore and they had this shiny ball with one of the worst textures of all time on it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like Agents of mayhem, just uninspired, with terrible movement, terrible gameplay, terrible enemies and terrible art.

I actually really liked Agents of Mayhem, but seeing this video I was just thinking how bad this looked compared to that even when it tried to be nearly exactly the same game.
Agents of Mayhem was clean, enemies animation was better, the controls felt snappy, the gameplay was fun (though a little repetitive becuase of budget), the art was nice and the multiple characters were fun. The 3 team system was actually tons of fun.

Trust this man. AoM did not get a fair shake.

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Eh, gotta disagree with ole jimbo on this one. Some of his complaints are kinda ridiculous to me.

But i do think he mailed in his effort, went in with preconcived notions about the game, and went along with the initial wave, and the notions, and lackadasical effort. Thus - "its a stinker"

Yeah pretty much unfortunately

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018

Is this the real life?

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Yeah

I mean it's an... okay game. If you're a Crackdown diehard or are looking for something that's mindless fun, CD3 will keep you entertained for a bit.

I doubt I'll finish it any time soon, but it will be something I load up for an hour or two when I don't want to play anything too deep or story-driven.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Jim brings up some valid points, and while I'm sure it's a good "hamburger" game, we should've gotten more. And that's the thing; it's another safe sequel, much like Gears of War 4. Safe sequels don't cut it when the genre's bar has been raised.
I loved the original Crackdown to pieces back in 2007 but in 2019 I'd likely grow bored after a half hour.

I just hope there's enough interest to keep the franchise alive, because it doesn't deserve to go out like this.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Yeah

I mean it's an... okay game. If you're a Crackdown diehard or are looking for something that's mindless fun, CD3 will keep you entertained for a bit.

I doubt I'll finish it any time soon, but it will be something I load up for an hour or two when I don't want to play anything too deep or story-driven.
One thing that makes this game great for jumping in for some mindless fun is how fast the load times are. There's next to zero wait time when you're playing the game.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018

I actually think totally the opposite, and I guarantee you that I played AoM with the best expectations. CD3 gives me all that AoM didn't. I hated AoM controls, the game run badly even on X, the city was way smaller than crackdown's, and while both have a cheese cartoon inspired plot, the AoM cheeseness seemed so artificial. The game was all about being like a game of a 80s cartoon, but it really didn't worked for me. Damn, the concept was so good but... I simply didn't like it at all.

The graphics were good of course, but with a way smaller map, and running way worse of course it had better graphics than crackdown 3.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Trust this man. AoM did not get a fair shake.

And I was forgetting something, the main theme was freaking great!

I actually think totally the opposite, and I guarantee you that I played AoM with the best expectations. CD3 gives me all that AoM didn't. I hated AoM controls, the game run badly even on X, the city was way smaller than crackdown's, and while both have a cheese cartoon inspired plot, the AoM cheeseness seemed so artificial. The game was all about being like a game of a 80s cartoon, but it really didn't worked for me. Damn, the concept was so good but... I simply didn't like it at all.

The graphics were good of course, but with a way smaller map, and running way worse of course it had better graphics than crackdown 3.

When I say it looks cleaner and better I dont mean the quality of the graphics, I mean the artstyle. The use of colour palete, city design and character designs is much better.
Also i played on PC and it worked great, so i cant talk about how it run on xbox.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If you enjoyed Crackdown or Saints Row 4 dont sleep on this game. Don't expect anything special, it is essentially Crackdown 1.5 but its on Gamepass so give it a try ($2 for 2 months if you dont have gamepass yet). Been taking breaks from Metro Exodus to play it and it is good mindless fun.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Holy shit we are back to conspiracy nonsense, boys. Even insinuations that Sony paid for these reviews. I love Crackdown 3 for bringing out the crazy like no other decidedly mediocre game could.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
What is left? Angry Joe, Crowby Cat.... Dunkey? Still many threads to shit on Crackdown 3. The controls (platforming) are fine by the way. The only thing that I disagree from the video.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Agents of Mayhem is better at all, or even close to better. And I like it, CD3, SR3 and 4.

It's also not really the same game and air-dashing is janky as hell if you're one of the few characters that can do it. That said, it's got far better animation work.

Feb 2, 2019
yall forgot about game pass?

you got free trials and subs going for a buck or two every few weeks. if you own a xbox and game on it regularly, you're losing a whole lot if you don't subscribe to GP.

I legit didn't know first party games launched on their first fucking day on gamepass. It's kind of great... and surprising.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
But it's really not.

And it's not just Era that thinks so.
this

I'm an Xbox fan who has almost universally enjoyed Microsoft's first party output this generation. I've got no reason to -want- CD3 to be a bad game. That's just how I feel about it when I play it. It's not great and it's rarely even good. How would I describe Crackdown 3 so far? Crackdown 3 is something you can do with your hands for a couple of hours if you've really got nothing else to do

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Agents of Mayhem is better at all, or even close to better. And I like it, CD3, SR3 and 4.

It's also not really the same game and air-dashing is janky as hell.

I mean it's a battle for the middle-to-bottom so I don't much care who 'wins' on that contest.

AoM at least wasn't a hotly anticipated sequel to a beloved original.

As I recall, AoM launched with zero hype and expectations and was almost forgotten by the next week.

Aug 11, 2018
But it's really not.

And it's not just Era that thinks so.
Expectation and all that.

It feels dated, but it has a good visual makeup and plays well enough and on top of that happens to stand alone in it's genre despite it's issues - I expected a game like this, I get the feeling people thought it was going to be some amazing revelation despite the incredible amount of rebooting and delaying it had.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK

Maybe he just thinks it's a bit shit and expects more in 2019. If you listen to the video, he explains why he thinks it's crap.

You're saying that he expected it to be crap. Everyone else is saying it is. Which confirmed his notions. Thing is, he'd get better publicity if he went against the tide. So there's no reason for him to just say its crap for the sake of it. You're basically accusing him of lazy journalism, which is quite insulting and also ironic given that you've come in here spouting shite preconceived notions about why he is saying its crap.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017

I'm playing AoM alongside Crackdown 3 and I don't agree with any of this.

From what I've played of AoM so far, it's a claustrophobic mess with no sense of direction or consistency.

I hated Saints Row 4, but this is probably even worse.