• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that I usually hate crossovers of any kind, but since this is pretty much the way to get more Alan Wake, I'm suddenly incredibly excited. I'll put up with any kind of crossover bullshit I always dislike in order to get more of that story and characters.

One(?) of new outfits
OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This is one(?) of new outfits?

Ee0XHkqXgAIfcto

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
That outfit slaps!

Should I finally go finish Alan Wake before playing this? Might end up enjoying it more that way I think? Any opinions?

Also -have they said how soon they anticipate a Series X/PS5 patch for Control? Tempted to move over to PC if it is not something coming at launch. I don't really want to wait much longer than the fall to play the expansions or I will be totally out of the loop.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking of buying Control. Is it worth 60€?
It's worth it, but it'll most definitely go on sale when the DLC comes out. Wait a little bit longer.

Jesse looks like a Quantum Break miniboss with this outfit.

That outfit slaps!

Should I finally go finish Alan Wake before playing this? Might end up enjoying it more that way I think? Any opinions?

Also -have they said how soon they anticipate a Series X/PS5 patch for Control? Tempted to move over to PC if it is not something coming at launch. I don't really want to wait much longer than the fall to play the expansions or I will be totally out of the loop.
I think so. The Alan Wake stuff in this DLC will most definitely spoil everything in the base game. You won't have to play Alan Wake to understand the DLC, if that's your only concern, but if you do intend on finishing it at some point, it's likely better to do so before playing the DLC.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, PS Store has the full bundle up for $40, including DLC. Might actually be almost as economical to buy that, sell my Xbox copy...

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I found it fun, but not as lore-expanding as I was hoping. It had a few interesting moments with the Board and the Former respectively. The next one looks to push the lore a lot more... but maybe I'm just projecting here.

Funny tha the most suprising thing for me is how much it pushed the lore foward. I was expecting a kind of side story, but it greatly expanded the Board and the Former, I would call those more than just interesting moments. Not to mention the Bureau past and Northmoor.

Was the first DLC any good?

It's definitely good. If you like Control you're gonna like it. It adds some cool abilities and I think the story is very nice. I would say there is a bit of roughnes to it though. Maybe because of a more limited dev team. It lacks some of that magic the main game has.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Funny tha the most suprising thing for me is how much it pushed the lore foward. I was expecting a kind of side story, but it greatly expanded the Board and the Former, I would call those more than just interesting moments. Not to mention the Bureau past and Northmoor.
Given the original title, I was just over-expecting more forward movement; my imagination ran away with me. I want answers, damnit! =)

Sep 14, 2018
The first DLC has some busted mods that can trivialize absolutely everything including expeditions. The one that heals you on launch hits and one that recovers ammo on evades, use those and you can get through anything in the game.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
How does Control run on the base Xbox One/Xbox One S? I know that the game is supposed to be great but I'm hoping that the performance is decent.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
I'm currently playing through Control (still in the main game) and really enjoying it. Will definitely pick up the new dlc. Can't believe this went under the radar last year for me.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Or the moon is a place of power and everything that we land on it eventually gets teleported to earth, as a "don't come to this place" thing the moon does on its own. :O

Who knows? But I think it's a wonderful idea for an object to find in the Oldest House. It's just crazy.

If we think of Control's lore. One of the things (I guess the main one) that create Altered Itens in collective belief. And the Apollo missions is something that held the attention of the entire globe. So to think something might have happened with a particular piece of equipment makes total sense.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Almost forgot this was coming!

Loved the main game. Never played the 1st DLC but ready for the 2nd.

Played through the Xbox version but I also have it on PC (Epic store), which I'll probably play it on. I need more of that photomode!