• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Well, fuck.
I wasn't really expecting anything out of The Foundation, granted everybody's waiting for the other one. But ho-ly-shit. Do not sleep on this DLC. Specially on the side quests for The Foundation. That altered item side quest was HYPE.

Anyone tried to kill The Former? There's a part where you need to speak with it, but instead you can start shooting bullets and, I guess, eventually defeat it. I've tried it a few times, but then I thought maybe it will break something and I'll skip something on the story or something.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I played for about 2 hours this morning. It's really good so far, although the foundation isn't as visually interesting as the oldest house so far.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I forget how easy it is to die in this game.

I also forget how exciting it is exploring in this game. I need to know more!

Then again, I also forget all the stuttering and technical mess OTL

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Levitate is one of the coolest powers ever. I love how versatile it is.

giphy.gif

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Fun so far. Love having more Control to dig into.

My only complaint so far is that guns still feel kind of weak, but maybe I just need better upgrades. Picking up 20 mods and having to go through them still sucks, but that's not new.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Fun so far. Love having more Control to dig into.

My only complaint so far is that guns still feel kind of weak, but maybe I just need better upgrades. Picking up 20 mods and having to go through them still sucks, but that's not new.
Agreed. I got that secret mod that gives ammo back on hit and it doesn't feel like it's working. I also have the other two with insane headshot damage and it barely makes a dent.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I didn't see many complaints about Panzer Dragoon being timed exclusive

Another example, My Friend Pedro was announced today as coming to PS4 in April and came out on X1 in December. Anyone complained on that timed exclusive?

The expansion story was kinda ok i guess, more or less like the Alan Wake two expansions that came out does not evolve the story much further. The environment looks amazing, congrats to Remedy on the art department.

Major framerate dips in the last fight of the expansion on the Pro, too many grenades being launched at the same time made the game dip quite heavily.

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Played it back on One X at launch but built a gaming PC a month ago so hoping to pick it up on a sale from the Epic game store. Don't super want to pay full price again but I don't mind supporting Remedy as Alan Wake is my GOAT pick.

As for timed exclusivity, the obvious issue is that the main game came out on one platform and now the DLC is being staggered release wise by a decent amount of time.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Didn't end up liking this as much as I thought I would.

The combat just doesn't hold up in these big open levels with all kinds of stuff swarming you. My guns take forever to kill stuff and hoo boy that final boss fight was awful in design.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another example, My Friend Pedro was announced today as coming to PS4 in April and came out on X1 in December. Anyone complained on that timed exclusive?

The expansion story was kinda ok i guess, more or less like the Alan Wake two expansions that came out does not evolve the story much further. The environment looks amazing, congrats to Remedy on the art department.

Major framerate dips in the last fight of the expansion on the Pro, too many grenades being launched at the same time made the game dip quite heavily.

My Friend Pedro was not a timed exclusive lol. You think Microsoft payed them for a 6 month delayed port of a modestly succesful game that released on PC and Swich in June? That is a case of an indie dev just having lower priority ports.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
this boss fight on the minecart thing is kicking my teeth in

That was a fun little section, but even failing it just once was a huge downer. The shield power helps versus the final encounter.

Didn't end up liking this as much as I thought I would.

The combat just doesn't hold up in these big open levels with all kinds of stuff swarming you. My guns take forever to kill stuff and hoo boy that final boss fight was awful in design.

I was also a little disappointed. I enjoyed it, and still love the story content, but the gameplay and areas in this one felt a bit too one-note.

Combat certainly needs better scaling for the service weapon. Pierce feels like the only one still capable of doing any work. My sidearm was spin with energy on headshots to let me spam the improved abilities.

Shield charge and ground slam felt really good with the upgrades.

I enjoyed the final boss fight; the upgraded abilities really help. You should also try to fit some sort of reliable health recovery in your mods.;

I'm still super excited for more Control content though. I hope Remedy keeps going hard on this
shared game universe
they're building up.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Have every trophy outside of all collectibles... Don't even know where to begin tracking down what is likely a single random document somewhere on the map. Eugh.

EDIT: Yeaaah, I'm gonna need to give up on keeping the completion percentage at 100% I suppose. Oh well, super fun DLC outside of the final boss which was a bit lame.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So I beat Control but accidentally wiped my save and was trying to replay it so I could do this DLC. I already bough the pass so the DLC is installed. If I boot the game up now with a mid-game save, does the DLC just show up within the game? Or is it a discreet set of sidequests I can avoid until i finish the game?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
So I beat Control but accidentally wiped my save and was trying to replay it so I could do this DLC. I already bough the pass so the DLC is installed. If I boot the game up now with a mid-game save, does the DLC just show up within the game? Or is it a discreet set of sidequests I can avoid until i finish the game?

I'm not sure how the save game part would work, but from what I can tell, the story takes place after the end of the main game. It's also very obvious which part the DLC is located in, as it has it's own map and all that. The name itself gives it away.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Got 100% of the trophies a couple of hours ago.

I didn't enjoy the new enemy varieties but I liked the level design in the astral plane. Also really enjoyed the different kind of altered items missions this time around, though I only died to the camera once (during an early part) and the end of it was incredibly easy since nothing was attacking me so I just stood there throwing things around.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Man, playing this reminds me of all the things I hate about Control. Die in 2 hits, respawn, run all the way back to where you were through a bunch of rooms, die in 2 hits, etc. Wish there was an easy mode for this shit

sasnak

Dec 4, 2018
Have every trophy outside of all collectibles... Don't even know where to begin tracking down what is likely a single random document somewhere on the map. Eugh.

EDIT: Yeaaah, I'm gonna need to give up on keeping the completion percentage at 100% I suppose. Oh well, super fun DLC outside of the final boss which was a bit lame.
I feel you. I would just wait a couple days until someone eventually makes a video about all the dlc collectibles. It will be a lot easier to see what you missed that way.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
My Friend Pedro was not a timed exclusive lol. You think Microsoft payed them for a 6 month delayed port of a modestly succesful game that released on PC and Swich in June? That is a case of an indie dev just having lower priority ports.

Just like Blair Witch would be my guess.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I feel you. I would just wait a couple days until someone eventually makes a video about all the dlc collectibles. It will be a lot easier to see what you missed that way.
So it turns out I do have everything, but the trophy bugged out >.< Was able to get around it by finagling it like so (if anyone else has the same problem):

qZLdW1j.png

Sep 14, 2018
It was fun! The enemies are definitely spongier against the service weapon, but nothing too bad. I luckily found a mod that returns health on launch hits which I'm pretty sure sort of breaks the game lol.

Did anyone see the rejected episode of Threshold Kids where it looks like Topher goes into the black pyramid and finds a bunch of weird shit, then there's that painting of things coming out of the pyramid, hmm...

By the way I love how sassy Jesse gets with the board this time and all the foreshadowing.

One of the devs said on reddit that the team working on the DLCs is very small, I thought they did a great job! I guess the rest of the studio is busy with crossfire and those projects with Epic.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
With minimum spoiler, where are the side missions that I've missed?

1. Warehouse, I got into the secret lab
2. Collapsed Department, I found the Swift Transport but fuck that for now
3. Research site Gamma, I completed the dark TV run in the chasm

I'm assuming the last side mission is in the astral plane?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
SubvertedTrope

Did it. Copied a video on youtube- Turns out nothing fancy, boost your shields and healing on launch. Also my early mistake was to overthink my movements.

Weapon mod for Grip
- Damage boost
- Damage boost
- ammo recovery in shield

Personal mode
- Health recovery on launch
- Energy recovery speed
- Shield strength

Sep 14, 2018
SubvertedTrope

Did it. Copied a video on youtube- Turns out nothing fancy, boost your shields and healing on launch. Also my early mistake was to overthink my movements.

See, after you die a few times you know what to expect, it's just rough the first time around. The platform I was on randomly crashed and exploded while I was looking ahead lol. And yeah heal on launch seems nuts, I would go back to expedition #3 if I hadn't already done it, I feel like these new mods would wreck that stuff.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
See, after you die a few times you know what to expect, it's just rough the first time around. The platform I was on randomly crashed and exploded while I was looking ahead lol. And yeah heal on launch seems nuts, I would go back to expedition #3 if I hadn't already done it, I feel like these new mods would wreck that stuff.

Other than Heal on Launch, what other mods are good? It seems I don't have a knack for identifying these things lol

Sep 14, 2018
Other than Heal on Launch, what other mods are good? It seems I don't have a knack for identifying these things lol

There's the one that refills ammo when you evade, I think those are the best ones. If I had to guess though heal on launch is all you need lol. There's also level VI versions of other mods you might have, I went in with +40% Health and left with a +60%.

Remember you can now craft level VI mods from the astral constructs menu, you should have a ton of resources for that by now.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
There's the one that refills ammo when you evade, I think those are the best ones. If I had to guess though heal on launch is all you need lol. There's also level VI versions of other mods you might have, I went in with +40% Health and left with a +60%.

Remember you can now craft level VI mods from the astral constructs menu, you should have a ton of resources for that by now.

By some good chance, I got VI for both heal on launch and ammo on evade lol

mueske

Apr 11, 2019
Would have loved to play it, but I deleted my savegame apparently... and I don't feel like beating the whole game again.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I could do that, didn't think of it. Is the DLC standalone? Like is there any content in the DLC that requires you to have done a certain quest in the main game?
(though I guess there would be 100% completion savefiles?)
It requires you to have finished the main story. It's a post-game expansion.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, you saw that giant empty containement box in the dead end that is the Chasm ?

If something could be put inside... it might be worth the trouble :)

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
For those that finished it, are the strobe light enemies you can't kill in the dlc? If so is there many of them?