• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Not really seeing the connection besides it being from the same studio and the main character having a supernatural ability (which is everywhere these days in media). The setting and premise looks infinitely more interesting to me than QB's.

I've only seen one gamplay vid, and that's my hot take. Lots of clipping and environmental weirdness I'm not seeing this as an improvement on Quantum, so far.....

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have a fever and the only remedy is some control.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Something about this just isn't interesting me... I will buy it to support Remedy, but I can't say I am very excited about it.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
My god that eurogamer preview sounds awesome! Feels like I've been waiting for a game like this forever.

I wish I could preorder but console controls and shooters always make me hesitant. I'll wait for a few words on how it controls (...) with a game pad and then decide between ps4 and pc.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
getting pretty hyped for this game. read that "first two hours" piece on the ps blog and it sounds pretty tasty. really want to dig in already as i'm getting pretty bored with my games right now. two more weeks. ;_;

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
For a quick rundown of "What is Control" we started publishing these short videos. Here is the playlist. More to be added soon:

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cannot wait! Pre-ordered my Digital Deluxe Edition on PSN the other day. Give me the whole package Remedy goodness right into my veins!

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
control layout
0CIaX0d.png

I wonder everybody in the team agreed to name the game Control.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Love Remedy, so I'll play it no doubt.

Watching the video makes me want some of the abilities in Quantum Break.

I'd like to see this game's style smashed together with Quantum Break and Max Payne. Basically pull the best of all 3 together into one amazing game. Heck, throw in the Alan Wake story/mystery style with it too. A focused open world, indoor and out, with scary freaky stories and settings with tons of weapons, a mystery to solve, and powers where you can slow time and bullets....while using force powers to throw things around.

Now I'm excited for something that doesn't exist, lol.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds so good. Had to cancel my pre-order due to lack of funds, but come pay day I'll be all over this.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 for me, they already have me at metroidvania. Any rpg elements by the way? I notice a number on the lifebars

rapid32.5

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just started Quantum Break. Love the integration of tv episodes into the story. And I like the stories and atmosphere Remedy have been going for in their games. Much more interesting and cohesive that the real tv episodes, we have nowadays. Quick question regarding Expected Auto Download date on PSN 08/25/19. Is it for preloading or when I can download and play the full game ?

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Just started Quantum Break. Love the integration of tv episodes into the story. And I like the stories and atmosphere Remedy have been going for in their games. Much more interesting and cohesive that the real tv episodes, we have nowadays. Quick question regarding Expected Auto Download date on PSN 08/25/19. Is it for preloading or when I can download and play the full game ?
It's the preload.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I haven't pre-ordered yet on PS4, from what I have seen and heard it appears to be really good, but I have been let down too many times now, so I'm going to pre-order at the last moment, does anyone know if the reviews are embargoed?

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Prolly be my 1st game from this dev. Looks very good. Hope it has a nice meaty campaign, none of this 8 hour shit we be getting for some devs.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prolly be my 1st game from this dev. Looks very good. Hope it has a nice meaty campaign, none of this 8 hour shit we be getting for some devs.

I have fond memories of the Max Payne games and as such, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit. However... if you are expecting a long campaign, you may be disappointed.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I think I read the campaign is 10-15 hours, which is a bit disappointing.

What world are we living in where this amount of time is considered to be "disappointing"?

Alan Wake on average for most players is 10-12 hours. Quantum Break was 10 hours (when you include TV shows, I believe). All the Max Payne games are 10-12 hours too.

There's nothing worse than a game that overstays it's welcome. I'd argue that if you did everything in Control, including reading all the supplemental stuff you find about the place, it'd maybe be longer than Remedy's other games.

For what it's worth, Remedy estimates between 10-20 hours.

Last edited: