• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Man, walking through a doorway and seeing the screen filled with large text saying "RITUAL DIVISION" like that's a totally normal division to have, and then seeing three silhouetted figures floating in the air before you draped in a blood red light..

I mean, this game is just fucking cool as shit.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Just beat this. Really solid, except for the map being wonkey.

The way it ends leaves the door WIDE open for DLC content, which honestly will be a no brainer.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Love Remedy and would love to get this, but sadly can't afford to spend £45 on a game that has bad performance issues.

Remedy said today that they're looking at ways to improve performance but no ETA. And it won't be for at least a month, as they've said the next update (with specified changes) is coming mid to late Sept. Very disappointing.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Is the audio jacked for anyone else on PS4 (Pro)?
Like the sound effects, guns, etc., are all perfectly fine.
But most times, I can't make out the voices at all.
I have subtitles on by default (as with all games that provide me with the option), but if it weren't for them, I wouldn't understand a thing in the cutscenes.

Apologies if discussed. Did a quick thread search, but it didn't seem to turn up much.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Man, walking through a doorway and seeing the screen filled with large text saying "RITUAL DIVISION" like that's a totally normal division to have, and then seeing three silhouetted figures floating in the air before you draped in a blood red light..

Don't your company have a RITUAL DIVISION!? Haha, yes, man. Remedy really went all-out over-the-top with Control. The characters, the correspondence, the whole supernatural premise that Remedy also care to explain through characters and notes and the blurry line between real physical spaces and concepts, and metaphorical ones is just sublime. The gameplay is also such a huge improvement on Quantum Break and is again on par with Alan Wake's if not even better.

Haven't finished it yet and I'm on my way to Jesse's brother, after roughly eight hours.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have subtitles on by default (as with all games that provide me with the option), but if it weren't for them, I wouldn't understand a thing in the cutscenes.

Apologies if discussed. Did a quick thread search, but it didn't seem to turn up much.
This happened to me once and the central speaker from my home theater had disconnected.

But it was not in this game.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a trip

afa3lg7.png

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

Don't your company have a RITUAL DIVISION!? Haha, yes, man. Remedy really went all-out over-the-top with Control. The characters, the correspondence, the whole supernatural premise that Remedy also care to explain through characters and notes and the blurry line between real physical spaces and concepts, and metaphorical ones is just sublime. The gameplay is also such a huge improvement on Quantum Break and is again on par with Alan Wake's if not even better.

Haven't finished it yet and I'm on my way to Jesse's brother, after roughly eight hours.
If you like that stuff, be sure to check out SCP. That's the main source of inspiration for that aspect of the game.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

That's odd. If you can, try copying your save to a USB or the cloud and reinstalling the game, then transferring your save back over.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Can I trick the game into allowing me a second save slot to stream the beginning for my friends by removing and backing up the data under "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Remedy\Control\Default-Epic-User\" or will shit get fucked up?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It's a creepypasta-esque community-wiki database about a government agency that collects, contains, and studies supernatural/cosmic horror/outworldly artifacts and events. The tone of the database is what Control's memos and briefings are emulating: clinical bureaucratic descriptions about tests, experiments, rituals and workplace management, etc.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-025 is only to be opened during testing, as is the room in which SCP-025 is stored. Entry codes are to be given only to authorized research and security personnel. No other containment protocols required.

Description: SCP-025 is a wooden wardrobe measuring 0.97 m x 0.62 m x 1.95 m, full of clothing dating from a number of time periods.

...When any item from SCP-025 is put on, the wearer is observed either to die or suffer an injury within 24 hours. The cause of death or injury in these instances is invariably linked to the aforementioned flaws in the clothing, but only ever appears to be an unrelated incident. Wearing a glove with a fingertip cut off may result in the loss of the fingertip through a simple kitchen accident like chopping onions...
Addendum 035-02: SCP-035 has facilitated an escape attempt, convincing several of the research staff to aid it in its bid for freedom. Insurrection failed. All staff that have been in contact with SCP-035 have been terminated, and mandatory psychiatric evaluations have been implemented for all personnel coming in contact with SCP-035.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Think I encountered a game-breaking bug. I had activated the Control Point outside the Quarry entrance, but when I started the game later, the Control Point is active but the area is warped and entrance blocked as it would before activating the control point.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the game is supposed to be played hip fire ala max payne
btw there is noticeable motion blur or stuttering when turning quickly... how do I remove or reduce that?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
It's wonderful! I recommend using a gaming mouse though. The extra buttons really helped keep all the powers accessible. It can be a bit cramped trying to do all of them on the keyboard and the game has good native support for extra mouse buttons.

Yeah, E for Launch in particular can be awkward when you're in the middle of combat and want to strafe to the right.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Just an update in case anyone finds themselves restarting a chapter like me: collectibles and resources go back to the way they were at the start of that chapter in your previous/most recent playthough, so it's basically just a regular save at that point seems like.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the maintenance sector now, did some sidequests, got a new power and weapon, fought a new enemy...

This game is neat.

I loved how the little sidequest to get the new power started. Good shit.

It's cool that the power is technically optional, but also really hard to miss by accident. It still rewards exploration, but without making anyone feel like their game is less fun because they didn't find a "secret".

It also allows them to not have to completely ignore that power when designing enemies and encounters.
The first enemy they introduce after you get evade is the Hiss Charged, and in case you end up close to them as they're about to explode, you can just dodge out of harm's way. It's super intuitive and effective, and I imagine just running away when they get close is not really an option anymore. It's still a fair fight without it, for any future "no upgrade challenge runs", since you can just pay attention and stop them before they get too close, but the ability gives you this extra chance of not taking damage.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Playing the game on my pro and the performance is noticeably bad when stuff starts popping off. I'm enjoying my time with it but it kind of takes you out of it.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Might pick this up. The performance seems bad, but I own Quantum Break, so no surprise. It seems like they could have done more to make the non-ray traced stuff look better? On top of it all it's Epic Games only.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just finished. Loved it. I still like Alan Wake more in most regards, but damn if this wasn't a fun ass game that almost reached those heights. The telekinetic powers were a literal blast and the setting and atmosphere were awesome. So much detail and little things in this game that really flesh things out. I really look forward to the expansions. I hope they're meaty and really make use of the setting and possibilities it offers.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
hmm. I think I...100%'d the game?

28 missions and side missions done, and from what I've read online, that's it. Oddly, there are no more sources of ability points? or am I missing something? I'm 7 ability points away from completing my ability table.

Anyway, I could grind for more absolute mods...but what for? lol

rip: Charge rocks. just don't...actually charge it. lol

iamthatiam

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Playing on base PS4 and it runs like absolute butts sometimes, but I'm still enjoying it. I do wish there was a photo mode in the game, cause all my screenshots are ruined by the HUD.

I was able to Mod the control to turn of HUD. I'm now trying to enable free cam, will release it within 24-48 hours if all goes well.
Although its for PC only ofcourse. But if anyone is interested and don't want to wait till late sept for something official.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is the most auteur game I've ever auteur'd and I fucking love it and I fucking love Sam Lake and Remedy.

GOTY so far and I'm only a few hours in.

CONTROL.