• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
hey everyone

we put out a blog that addresses some of the feedback we've been hearing from the community! like performance, motion blur, film grain, hdr...

have a peek here.
Appreciate the update Vida, and looking forward to that mid to late September-ish patch. The toggles and map fixes sound really good.

I really do hope the 'General Improvements' (performance) stuff is legitimately given some proper dev time, rather than just lip service, considering the season pass content is still on its way. Hopefully once the coders get back from holidays they have some new insights :)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
29082019234353rhlsz1.png

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
hey everyone

we put out a blog that addresses some of the feedback we've been hearing from the community! like performance, motion blur, film grain, hdr...

have a peek here.
Really nice blog, and great that you will improve the map further.
If I finish this game before mid September, I will replay it with the new patch, by the way you know if achievements are planned for the Epic Game store?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
hey everyone

have a peek here.
Missed this, thanks for posting and all sounds great! Nice to have the update on things, and appreciate the effort required for many of those is anything but slight.

Only query I had was whether there are plans to release an art book for Control at all?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
show me your skeleton

I'm not going to click on that since I haven't completed the game yet but if that's the case then I'll just push ahead with the main story first. Although I did somehow manage to defeat 2 of those things, they really are pretty ball busting.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
show me your skeleton

I'm not going to click on that since I haven't completed the game yet but if that's the case then I'll just push ahead with the main story first. Although I did somehow manage to defeat 2 of those things, they really are pretty ball busting.
congrats! i've not attempted since getting my ass handed to me by one of them.

good to see a comment regarding performance, motion blur etc. i think i'll double dip eventually because PC performance will always outdo console and i'm sure in a 6 months + etc. i'd like to revisit this gem.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Just wanted to say that the
Ashtray Maze with the Music Player
is one of the best unexpectedly badass moments i experienced in a game in a very long time. Still my favorite Section of the game after finishing it this Morning.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Confused if I've completed the game or not.
Credits have rolled but I've carried on doing menial tasks and delivered letters to the director twice now. Do I carry on? Must admit to not really understanding the ending, so if I'm done could someone kindly explain what the hell just happened!

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Found this list https://guides.gamepressure.com/control/guide.asp?ID=51252
It seems there are more than 15 of them. But I still need one more ability point, but I've no idea where to get it from.

Yeah, that trophy guide I linked lists 18 side missions. One simple one I missed was going back to the janitors room after doing all of his side missions and finishing the game. I got 4 ability points for it.

Have you found any of the secret areas? They give an ability point for each one and there's a few of them. Those are listed in the guide too, I ended up needing about 15 of them to fully level up.

Credits have rolled but I've carried on doing menial tasks and delivered letters to the director twice now. Do I carry on? Must admit to not really understanding the ending, so if I'm done could someone kindly explain what the hell just happened!

Yep, carry on. There's still more to it.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
That is uhh... not the ending.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is there a downside to not doing the timed missions? I assume they just randomly pop up but the first one I did wasn't really worth it so I've been ignoring them.

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That is uhh... not the ending.

Oh good, felt like so many loose ends.
I guess I just continue doing the chores until another letter arrives? Brave move by Remedy to let credits roll and follow it with what appears like a never-ending nightmare loop. Can see some less invested players abandoning at this stage thinking it's over.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I found that extra room in the Research Sector where
it's basically a sound proof room. A song plays. What is that song?? It's fuckin good. Also, is there anything else to that room? Is it supposed to be a side quest or something?
There's another similar area like that with a funny collectible related to the same thing.

The collectibles in this game overall have been killer.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Oh good, felt like so many loose ends.
I guess I just continue doing the chores until another letter arrives? Brave move by Remedy to let credits roll and follow it with what appears like a never-ending nightmare loop. Can see some less invested players abandoning at this stage thinking it's over.
to be honest I got so pissed off at first thinking that was the end.... bait and switch from Remedy

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Just went back to training ground and got the shield barrier after cleaning up the maintenance sector.

Ngl framerate has gotten pretty bad for me on PS4 Pro as I get deeper into the game.
But still the game is awesome, really enjoying myself!

Also holy fuck at
Kojima being the Japanese imaging professor and Aki Saito being his translator like irl
My brain was going crazy during that side mission. Great cameo :D

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Just wanted to say that the
Ashtray Maze with the Music Player
is one of the best unexpectedly badass moments i have had in a game in a very long time. Still my favorite Section of the game after finishing it this Morning.
Wow, just finished and totally agree.
I hope it gets credit in Giant Bomb's "best moment" award. Looking forward to the end of year podcasts to see if they think anything else is better.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Wow, just finished and totally agree.
I hope it gets credit in Giant Bomb's "best moment" award. Looking forward to the end of year podcasts to see if they think anything else is better.

Yeah, it's absolutely amazing how
the game has this very good electronic Soundtrack all the time and then driving Rock-Song kicks in for this one section only

If one of the Remedy People in here reads this: Thanks for that! :)

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a spoiler thread? I might just make it, because I want to say so many things but people will kill me if I put them here, and using spoiler tags is too tiring.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I love how the game requires a little brain effort from you. You can't just switch off and run from A to B and win the game like in sooo many games today. Yet it's not too intricate so it breaks the flow. I really like how helpful it is to watch for environmental clues and not rely alone on the map.

It is still German, not sure if its intentional
I think it's intentional since they don't sound like native speakers. I think they wanted to achieve this weird, otherworldly voices and though German fits that profile to some extent.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Came here to say this. Loved it.
i think remedy are doing something cool/clever here too, they hinted at doing something 'never seen before' with a
poets of the fall
track, so i think it's this. i think it's connected to either the room you're in or the action on screen, much like the regular combat music, but i can't be sure. hopefully someone in the know elaborates at some point.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
i think remedy are doing something cool/clever here too, they hinted at doing something 'never seen before' with a
poets of the fall
track, so i think it's this. i think it's connected to either the room you're in or the action on screen, much like the regular combat music, but i can't be sure. hopefully someone in the know elaborates at some point.

I think it works similarly to
DMCV´s Combat Music, where the Vocals and Instrumental tracks are tied to the player action
Whatever it is, it is awesome. And the Song too.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I don t think they used the best example of content put above hdr in dev priority on the blog... photo mode is barely used more than a couple times per game and it is crippled in fidelity without hdr (not talking about the on screen results, but internal buffers) .

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
How to deal with the corrupted rooms (where if you try to get in you loss health until you die)? is there a way or is it just me lacking some tool that I'll get sometime later? I just finished the mission where you left the directorial lockdown btw.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
How to deal with the corrupted rooms (where if you try to get in you loss health until you die)? is there a way or is it just me lacking some tool that I'll get sometime later? I just finished the mission where you left the directorial lockdown btw.
That's an optional thing with a later location

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it this morning and really liked it. I did not expect to hear one of my favorite songs playing during the credits.
Enemy variety is the biggest issue with the game.
Remedy somehow managed to top the Observatory fight scene.

Late Flag

alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My copy just arrived yesterday and I played for about 2 hours our so. Obviously very early in. I'm loving the atmosphere so far, and the combat is fun as well. Excellent first impression and I'm looking forward to playing a lot over the weekend.

The only real snag is that I'm dying more than I would expect at this point. I think my problem is that I'm playing it like Doom -- total run-and-gun -- and I need to do a better job of staying behind cover when I'm not being flanked. Any suggestions on how to handle combat? The only power I have so far is telekinesis, so I know things will open up as I progress further into the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we have a spoiler thread, I feel a little safer here. Still bummed about the spoiler, didn't even play last night.

To unlock the console exclusive content on PC hex edit the exe:

This unlocks:

Not sure if there is more that's all i found so far.
Thank you! That's awesome! They'll probably patch this, but I think I can at least play around with this content for a while before the first patch.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Finally someone does sidequests right. These are really enjoyable.

That anchor keeps kicking my ass.

And a patch to turn down motion blur? I am happiness.