• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 19, 2020
Tangential side note, has anyone played Felix the Reaper? Should I take a crack at it before it leaves? I remember it looking kind of cool.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dishonored 2 was supposed to leave at the end of the month... I assume that's not still happening. Or do you see it leaving because that's already in motion and it'll just come back eventually

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Glad to see FH7 finally on GP. I played a bit of the FH7 demo, but otherwise, I haven't played a track Forza since 3 (don't own an XB1). Doom: Eternal and EA Play not coming to PC until later is a bit disappointing. More free PSO2 shit is always nice.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
EA doesn't own Brutal Legend. It's self published on steam with a copyright for Double Fine

store.steampowered.com

Brutal Legend on Steam

Brütal Legend is an action-adventure that marries visceral action combat with open-world freedom. Set in a universe somewhere between Lord of the Rings and Spinal Tap, it’s a fresh take on the action/driving genre, which in this case is full of imitation cover bands, demons intent on enslaving...

They own most of the games outside of the licensed remasters from Disney and the Sesame Street game. Though I don't know if they own RAD. Steam page has a copyright for Namco on that one so who knows where it ended up.
Nonetheless, the console versions of those games were published by EA, and that is the version that is now being put on Game Pass on console. The EA logo is going to show up while booting it up. EA might not own the IP, but they would still have to get permission from them, as they published that specific product. You'd think they'd get it on PC too at some point, but my guess is it's a Windows Store issue there - if a game doesn't exist on the store, there is work that has to be done to get it into the format it needs to be in.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Man how the hell do they add Brutal Legend before Psychonauts?

Get the game into the hands of as many people as possible to drum up hype and excitement for the sequel. It's been nearly 20 years!

Put it on Gamepass and promote it or give us a remaster 😭

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Brutal Legend is sick. Probably gonna hold out until the Series X comes out to play Doom since I only have a little One S and not a One X.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Funimation (Launched September 25; Available in US/CA/UK/IR)
Try Premium Plus for 2 months free, and you'll get access to all of My Hero Academia, Black Clover, and tons more anime you've been missing. Ad-free, subs & dubs, Download to Go, and so much more!

I'm not seeing this in the Perks section of the Game Pass app, is anyone else? (UK here)

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
reposting from the OT

Would really like FM7 to have a next gen patch going beyond faster load times...

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
I'm confused. Why is Forza 7 just now going up on Gamepass when Era told me all 1st party games go up at launch/day 1?

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Why is Forza 7 just now going up on Gamepass when Era told me all 1st party games go up at launch/day 1?

well... it meant going forward

so older games have taken some time to be added in.

i should probably add some context to this... imagine game makers get royalties per sale... or licenses aren't done with open access or streaming services in mind.... they need to renegotiate every contract they made if those things are in the deal... and it's hard giving true value to a download and play vs a purchase.

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
I guess I'll never play Metro now.
I wish I got more than 2 weeks heads up on when things will leave Gamepass. Can't complain too much. Will give FM7 and Doom Eternal a try.

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
This came out before that initiative started.
well... it meant going forward

so older games have taken some time to be added in.
I mean, the actual answer is that I think the release pre-dates GP, similar to how Quantum Break pre-dated Play Anywhere support.
Hmmmm
Looks like Gamepass launched 1st to me.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I hope Game Core or some dev kit changes, will fix the console/PC releases on Game Pass so that they always release at the same time. I am sure that is something planned, but not sure why the implementation is taking so long.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

game pass existed before the day and date announcement.

they announced that after Forza Motorsport 7 came out.

majornelson.com

Xbox Game Pass Expands To Include New Releases From Microsoft Studios - Xbox Wire

Phil Spencer, Head of Gaming at Xbox, discusses a major update to the Xbox Game Pass program. Details below: When we launched Xbox Game Pass in June 2017, we knew we wanted to craft a service with gamers in mind. That meant a diverse, expanding library of over 100 games and counting, matched...

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I...don't think that accurate? The cards for night racing are for bonus credits/XP *if* you complete the race at night. I.e., you can select a daytime track, equip that bonus card, and you don't get the bonus after the race (due to daytime driving). You can choose any track variant when creating a race, and all track variants come up on their own over the course of the Forza Cup races.
I could have sworn that was how it worked, and that there were tracks where I cannot choose 'night' in quick race, that had night races when I used that card. I'm probably just getting it twisted though.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Will licensing be an issue with FM8 going to game pass?

Not at all. Since the service launched all games have been negotiated in a way that releasing on gamepass is ok.
The problem is that you can't just pick an old game and release it on gamepass since it's an entirely new service.

Just imagine they do a contract with Mclaren that says "we can use your car for 10 years in Forza Horizon 7, we will release it on Microsoft Store-Xbox, and we will give you 0.00005 cent for every game sold". Then, releasing it on gamepass is a breach of that contract because... you don't sell the game? Does that make sense (I totally made this example up btw).

That is also a reason a lot of other car games just have "fantasy" cars, sometimes is not worth the money/licensing issues. (and car manufactures have special things sometimes like "You cant destroy our car totally")

But going forward, whatever agreements that are reach are done with Gamepass-xcloud in mind 100%.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I could have sworn that was how it worked, and that there were tracks where I cannot choose 'night' in quick race, that had night races when I used that card. I'm probably just getting it twisted though.

It's just not that every track has all the condition variants, so some tracks don't have night racing.

All first-part titles launching day-and-date w/ Game Pass came later, as the early beta for it went on. Xbox Studios titles started being added early 2018, I think.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I want someone to figure out why Sunset Overdrive isn't on xCloud. Seems like such a weird omission when it's on Game Pass.

Wonder if Sony is blocking it in some way, like now that they own IG, and thus own the IP, it can't be released on new platforms (I know it's still technically on Xbox but you know contracts can be weird and streaming may be considered new) without their approval or something?

It was shown in the original Android announcement image.