• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is Peter Parkers (Spider-Man) best romantic partner?

• Felicia Hardy (Black Cat)

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Gwen Stacy (Vanilla version)

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Carlie Cooper (Non Goblin version)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird)

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
R1DpdqX.png

UnTAb6f.png

R5qH6uP.png

cXy0VW0.png

mAQBTx7.png

I am Batman #1 by Ridley, Coipel - In the throes of Future State, the streets of Gotham City cry for justice and Jace Fox answers the call! With a new and improved Bat-Suit, Jace hits the streets to inspire and protect...as he follows the trail of the voice of misinformation and violence-the anarchistic Anti-Oracle! Can the new Dark Knight counterbalance their plan to inspire armed rebellion in the citizens of Gotham?! Can one man inspire a city?

Batman #112 by Tynion, Jimenez - Ghost-Maker reveals a dark revelation about his past connection to Jonathan Crane while Batman puts together the pieces of Scarecrow's master plan. Using the Unsanity Collective's technology, the villain plans to detonate a "Fear Bomb" in Gotham City!

Backup: Clownhunter has been dosed by the Scarecrow with a deadly fear toxin and is now traveling through his greatest nightmare of Gotham City. Will the Clownhunter center himself and strike back at Scarecrow? Or will he succumb to all his worst fears?!

Batman Secret Files : Miracle Molly #1 by Tynion, Dani - Since Miracle Molly's explosive first appearance in the pages of Batman, people have been clamoring to know more about the colorful transhumanist vigilante! Now the wait is over—the history of Gotham's latest breakout star is revealed! It's a story so secret even Miracle Molly doesn't remember it! Discover what led a regular Gothamite to reject their past, name, and humanity to embrace the promise of a blank slate—the promise of the Unsanity Collective!

Harley Quinn #7 by Philips, Braga - Heya, folks, Harley Quinn here! In case you all haven't noticed…things have been a little wild lately. Hugo Strange, out-of-control orderlies, kidnapped clowns, and a new villain named Keepsake…it's a lot for any one former villain turned antihero turned real hero with impeccable fashion sense to handle. I'm talkin' about ME if that wasn't clear. With all the Fear State happening in Gotham, I thought it would be a good time to go on a little camping trip. But, turns out, Gotham is gonna be Gotham…Keepsake's forming a new army, Hugo's playin' dress-up, and the city is literally tearing itself apart. This looks like a job for Harley Quinn, Kevin, and...the Gardener? Oh yeah, Bella's in this one, too! I just love her little plant dogs!

Deathstroke Inc #1 by Williamson, Porter -
After suffering too many losses, Slade Wilson decides it's time for a change. When he's enlisted to work with an ages-old secret organization called T.R.U.S.T. who want to take down the heavy-hitter villains, he's all in. They'll supply him with an all-new team and resources for his new mission into the depths of the weirdest parts of the DCU, including a new partner…Black Canary!
Wait what?! Enjoy explosions, kick-ass action, and new outrageous adventures as DC's meanest S.O.B. gets tangled up in a major mystery building in the shadows of the DCU.

Suicide Squad : King Shark #1 by Seeley, Kolins - On leave from the Suicide Squad, King Shark and unfortunate tagalong the Defacer get swept into a mystical tournament for totemic animal spirits at the behest of King Shark's father, the god of sharks! Now King Shark must battle brutal warriors like Queen Tiger, King Roach, Prince Nematode, Princess Peregrine, and the terrifying Man King to finally attain his destiny and make his dour dad proud!

Aquaman The Becoming #1 by Thomas, Olortegui - Jackson Hyde finally has it all. Mentors who support him, a community that loves him, an honest relationship with his mother, a cute new guy in Amnesty Bay who's caught his eye, and access to Aquaman's private training facility in Atlantis. Well, he had it all—until that training facility and half of the Atlantean palace got blown to kingdom come with Jackson in them. Now Jackson stands accused of wrecking the life he worked so hard to build. Aqualad's going to need all of his skills, wit, and cunning just to prove his own innocence, let alone graduate from sidekick to Aquaman!

Black Manta #1 by Brown, DeLandro - Following his appearance in the Aquaman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular, the scourge of the seas now gets his own series. Black Manta is chasing a rare metal with incredible powers, and he's not the only one who wants to get his hands on it, friend and foe alike! Torrid is a former ally who has escaped hell (literally!) to answer the call of the metal, but can Manta trust her? Hopefully so because he might need her help to fend off Devil Ray, a new competitor for the role of the biggest villain underwater.

Infinite Frontier #6 by Williamson, Xermanico - One story ends and the next phase of the DC Multiverse begins. We have one name for you: DARKSEID. Our heroes knew that someone had been pulling the strings this entire time, but are they prepared for it to be the biggest bad of all? As President Superman, Alan Scott, Roy Harper, and the rest converge for a showdown, the secret of Omega Planet is revealed. Plus, Barry Allen is put on a path he may never get off!

Strange Adventures #12 King, Gerads, Shaner - Mister Terrific hasn't just dug into the past, he's jackhammered it to pieces, exposing Adam Strange's deepest, darkest secrets. If Adam did commit war crimes, he needs to be punished, but how do you pull a hero off the field of battle when he's staving off an alien invasion that supposedly only he can stop? Is the truth worth it? And what if Terrific is wrong? The only one who may know for sure: Alanna Strange. Find out in this final issue of one of the year's most exciting comic book miniseries!

The Flash #774 by Adams, Duce -
Introducing Dr. Nightmare! Bad dreams come to life and lead to chaos on the streets of Central City on the same night the Fastest Man Alive attends a daddy/daughter dance. Side-by-side with his super-powered daughter, Wally must not slow down, or they risk falling victim to the man named Dr. Nightmare.

Wonder Girl #5 by Joelle, Melo - Yara stands alone as her world is torn apart!
After an unexpected betrayal that shakes Yara to her very core, she ventures out and finds the lost tribe of the Amazons…the Esquecida! Will a reunion with her lost sisters finally give Yara the answers she's been looking for? Or is she now more lost than ever, as she ventures out to find those who wish to never be found?

5gr8Ekc.png

qQQxTES.png

eZG058G.png

Inferno #1 by Hickman, Schiti - "There will be an island—not the first, but the last…" Promises were made and broken. The rulers of Krakoa have been playing a dangerous game with a dangerous woman, and they are about to see how badly that can burn them. Mastermind of the X-Men JONATHAN HICKMAN brings his plans to a head, joined by an incredible lineup of artists beginning with VALERIO SCHITI… as one woman follows through on her promise to burn the nation of Krakoa to the ground.

Amazing Spider-Man #74 by Spencer, Gleason, Bagley, Ferreira - ANSWERS

Dark Ages #1 by Taylor, Coello - This is what the Watcher has been watching for!
• A danger older than the Earth threatens everything. For once, the heroes who have saved the planet so many times are almost powerless in the face of it.
• X-Men and Avengers assemble. Spider-People and Fantastic Four come together. Heroes for Hire fight alongside Champions.
• None of it will be enough.
• The lights are about to go out.
• The world outside our window...is about to end.

Demon Days : Cursed Web #1 by Peach Momoko - SPIDERS AND WOLVES AND YOKAI…OH MY! Mariko Yashida journeys deep into a dark forest to find answers about her past. Instead, she finds a magical wolf with three toes and a strange girl with a pet spider. But there are deadly creatures in these woods too — a mysterious, blue-skinned woman and a giant with super-strength and claws — and they're after Mariko!

Death of Doctor Strange #1 by McKay, Garbett - Doctor Stephen Strange is the world's greatest neurosurgeon and Earth's Sorcerer Supreme. He defends our planet from the supernatural and interdimensional threats no other hero is equipped to handle. But what would happen if he unexpectedly died? Who would protect Earth and keep the mystical evils at bay? And most importantly…who killed Stephen Strange?! The final chapter in the life of Doctor Strange starts here

Eternals : Thanos Rises #1 by Gillen, Weaver -
• Eternals are created, not born. They have families, but their families make no new children.
• It's simply not what Eternals do.
• Some of them thought they could find a way to change that and believed it would be for the best.
• They were terribly, terribly wrong.

The Last Annihilation : Wakanda #1 by Narcisse, Peralta - With the universe itself at stake, Black Panther enlists the might of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda to help stop the dreaded Dormammu! And leading the Wakandan forces is none other than the legendary M'Baku! Will T'Challa and M'Baku be able to defeat Dormammu's army of Mindless Ones?

The Last Annihilation : Wiccan & Hulkling #1 by Oliveira, Bazaldua - The Last Annihilation has hit the Kree/Skrull Alliance. Wiccan and Hulkling must split up to simultaneously defend two planets against the Mindless Army! But will the individual newlyweds be enough to fight off the forces of Dormammu? Or will they become the next casualties in this senseless war?

X-Men : The Onslaught Revelation #1 by Spurrier, Soft Serves Bob Quinn -
YOU HAVE STRAYED FROM THE WAY OF X. THE ONSLAUGHT IS UPON YOU!
• The X-Men's greatest foe, mutantkind's primal evil, slithers in the minds of its most senior leaders...
• The kids whisper of the CRUCI-BALL: a party to end all parties. A party to end everything.
• The seals are broken, the trumpets have sounded; only a small band of eccentric mutants can hope to break the fall...
• Can Nightcrawler light the spark that will drive out the shadows... or will Krakoa slip into the abyss...?

Marauders #24 by Duggan, Carlos - SPACE PIRATES! The Marauders hit the highest seas of all when they point their bow to the stars! But what threat awaits them…and why has it sworn vengeance?!

Miles Morales : Spider-Man #30 by Ahmed, Lord, Pichelli, Carnero - HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY, MILES MORALES! This is it, ten years as Spider-Man and his future has never looked brighter. A who's who of Miles Morales Spider-Creators has been webbed together to make this the best Anniversary Special of all time!

Captain Marvel #32 by Thompson, Davila -
"THE LAST OF THE MARVELS" STARTS HERE! An old darkness has re-emerged, one that almost brought the Avengers to their knees. A twisted Captain Marvel is terrorizing the galaxy – and this time, it's not Carol Danvers...we're almost sure. And where is Vox Supreme? Carol must race to find out as "THE LAST OF THE MARVELS" begins.

GaIdPIp.png

Ay7CP2a.png

nRTsVfL.png

Primordial #1 by Lemire, Sorrentino - Mind-bending sci-fi collides with Cold War thriller in this six-issue miniseries by the bestselling and Eisner-winning creative team behind GIDEON FALLS! In 1957, the USSR launched the dog, Laika, into Earth's orbit. Two years later, the USA responded with two monkeys, Able and Baker. These animals never returned. But, unbeknownst to everyone, they did not die in orbit…they were taken. And now they are coming home.

Adventureman #5 by Fraction, Dodson - As New York City teeters on the brink of a strange armageddon, Claire tries the Adventureman mantle on for size just in time to face the monstrous evil that vanquished her predecessor—only he didn't have a family like hers.

The Beauty : All Good Things #1 by Haun, Hurley - JEREMY HAUN and JASON A. HURLEY, along with artist MATTHEW DOW SMITH, return to the devastating world of THE BEAUTY for a 48-page special, showcasing the finale of the ground-breaking horror series. #BEAUTYFREE

Die #20 by Gillen, Hans - You can never go home, said Sol, way back in issue two. Let's see if he was right.

Mirka Andolfo's Sweet Paprika #2 by Mirka Andolfo - Paprika is living a difficult situation brought on by her father's illness and the complex work situation that awaits her. It's the only kind of business she's not really able to handle: a dinner where being dynamic, kind, and relaxed is just as important as being competent. But there is also another reason why the young and skilled professional is in trouble: she doesn't want to see one of the guests again...

The Me You Love In The Dark #2 by Young, Corona - Artist Ro, hiding out in an old house, hoping for artistic lightning to strike, begins to feel even more strongly connected with the shadowy presence she's been communicating with.

Mirka Andolfo's Sweet Paprika #3 by Mirka Andolfo - Paprika's "forced fun" night doesn't seem to be too bad, perhaps—but, in the end, not too great either. Come on, staying together for so long, for no real reason...how can people like it? Then, while her father seems to be recovered and healthy again, Paprika will have a nasty surprise...

Echolands #2 by Williams III, Blackman - THE MAJOR IMAGE COMICS EVENT OF 2021 CONTINUES… Hope Redhood and her companions, Cor, Caniff, Castrum, Dena, Rabbit, and Rosa, are on the run from the Wizard, Teros Demond, and his terrifying daughter. Why is the Wizard willing to kill to regain his stolen gem? Can Hope and her crew escape the strange robots lurking in the tunnels beneath San Francisco? And will they survive a betrayal by the pirate captain, Bloody Gums?

Department of Truth #13 by Tynion, Simmonds - Thirty years ago, Cole Turner dreamed up a Star-Faced Man who ate children in the basement of his preschool. Today, Cole is going to make sure that nightmare can never haunt another kid. The second arc of the smash-hit THE DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH ends here with a revelation that turns the series upside down!

P2gXZy4.png

AC6ifJh.png

My Hero Academia Vol 29 by Horikoshi - Shigaraki Tomura has finally awakened, and as he begins to unleash his savage powers, the heroes realize it's going to take everyone and everything they have to stop him. Several heroes have been lost already, and even as the number one hero, Endeavor, takes on Tomura, Midoriya and Bakugo must now put themselves on the front line. Meanwhile, the massive villain Gigantomachia rampages toward Jaku City. It seems nothing can stop him, but the students of U.A. are determined to succeed or die trying...

Dr Stone Vol 18 by Inagaki, Boichi - It's the Kingdom of Science versus the Kingdom of Science! This showdown between Senku and Dr. Xeno is a race to see which side can take down the enemy's science leader first! Despite the revelation of Dr. Xeno's unexpected history and connection with Senku, Stanley's deadly sniper rifle is already aimed right at the Perseus!

Mashle Vol 2 by Komoto - In the midst of a battle with Lance, a chosen magic user graced with two marks, Mash makes a shocking discovery about his opponent. Then, more trouble is on the way when Mash's dorm, Adler, is paired for outdoor activities with Lang, a dorm full of a veritable wolf pack of bad characters. Now Mash is caught in a fight for coins and the pride of his dorm!

Beastars Vol 14 by Itagaki - Valiant Beastar horse Yahya continues his vendetta against Komodo dragon Gosha by tormenting his grandson, gray wolf Legoshi. In college, dwarf rabbit Haru meets another herbivore who is dating a carnivore. Is dating outside your species just trendy? Then, when Haru finally meets up with Legoshi again, she insists he take her to a disturbing location for their date. Meanwhile, Yahya's mouse spies are everywhere, and their motives aren't always pure...

Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction Vol 10 by Asano - Huge chunks of the mothership are starting to crash into Tokyo, leveling whole neighborhoods. The Japanese government is ready to nope out of the impending destruction and the Americans are using the growing panic as an excuse to make their move. What's worse, the internet is down! With just days left before the end of humanity, at least the Occult Club is having a pretty good vacation at the beach.

Yotsuba&! Vol 15 by Azuma - After almost three years, Yotsuba is back. She's not alone, though Juralumin the stuffed bear makes her triumphant return! What trouble will they get into this time?

NaLhULv.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a Shonen Jump (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I want y'all to know that I am stunned that there was only one vote between Bleach and Dragonball last month.

I don't know how to process this

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Yotsubaaaaaa! It's been 84 years.

Also why is I am Batman pre-faded? Do we know it is gonna be terrible.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
It took every fiber of my being not to use the leave the drink reviews to people who know quote for the op. If Spidey wasn't ending this month that'd be the title.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
There's something funny about being top of the wall of shame with the I am leaving this community tag on my name.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Thanks for the new thread, friends! I love that Messi put Sweet Paprika in twice haha.
The Me You Love In The Dark
How is this, anyway?
need to get those reaction scores up
I think it was like two years ago, but I screencapped the wall of shame and changed my reaction score to 1 to see if anyone would notice haha. I don't think anyone did, so then I was like "Wow, you guys have shitty reaction scores, huh?"

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the new thread, friends! I love that Messi put Sweet Paprika in twice haha.

How is this, anyway?

I think it was like two years ago, but I screencapped the wall of shame and changed my reaction score to 1 to see if anyone would notice haha. I don't think anyone did, so then I was like "Wow, you guys have shitty reaction scores, huh?"

It's great so far, beautiful art very moody start. I've read a bit more than #1 and it's still really cool. They are a great team

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The most important thing this month is we get a new incarnation of Mayday in Dark Ages.

May 24, 2019
Messi's illegally reading illegal comics. Is this the sort of person we want in charge of the OP?
Who knows what sort of bribes he's taking to feature comics in those spots?

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Just read the first issue of Scarenthood. Part of me feels like I shouldn't be reading horror comics until October since it's so close, but I'm sure I'll get nowhere close to last year's horror marathon numbers anyway.
881538._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
7d0674f4173cdaa3e1ee26af4f0781f3._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

It's all right so far. I don't like when stories have a conspiracy theorist character who is shown to be right... that really rubs me the wrong way with something written in the past few years. The art is maybe not moody enough for me to sell the horror (although I do like the sudden lighting shifts), and the children look really strange like they do in a lot of comics.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I read two comics today, and they were both Irish. I don't understand how that happened. Anyway, The Last Witch is kinda typical, but it has nice art and charm. Scarenthood is less charming in both the art and the general everything. Read three issues of Scarenthood, but I'd have to pay for the fourth and final one, so I guess I'm done. They dropped the exposition in the third issue and tried to pull an old horror cliche that the writing isn't good enough to pull off.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Just read the first issue of Scarenthood. Part of me feels like I shouldn't be reading horror comics until October since it's so close, but I'm sure I'll get nowhere close to last year's horror marathon numbers anyway.
881538._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
7d0674f4173cdaa3e1ee26af4f0781f3._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

It's all right so far. I don't like when stories have a conspiracy theorist character who is shown to be right... that really rubs me the wrong way with something written in the past few years. The art is maybe not moody enough for me to sell the horror (although I do like the sudden lighting shifts), and the children look really strange like they do in a lot of comics.
Those giant bobble head kids are terrifying.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
After not reading comics in a long while, I just started getting back into them. I've mainly been reading digital, but am buying some nice hardcover over-sized editions. Don't know how often I'll post about weekly stuff. There's a few current titles I'm interested in like Nocterra, but I'll mostly post (not very frequently) about older collections and such as I go along.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I love how these creators announce their move to Substack with "Big news!" or these other positive phrases, like any person on earth besides Substack is actually happy about this change.

Status
Not open for further replies.