• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Heroes Reborn?

• Yes

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • I don't know what it is

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Actively avoiding everything about it

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • No because I have to spend my money on Harley, Punchline, Yara and Molly

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Yes because I used the 50% discount (Hi Freeza)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Oliver Queen, self-described "leftist":

YhmTDcD.jpg

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
you've fallen so far down the rabbit hole, rhaknar!

My MU library tab is basically every #1 that came out between 2015 and 2020 (well, 2019 for now, I haven't gotten to 2020). Just the #1s.

Now of course multiply all those by however many issues each one of those #1s had...

...and it's a impossible task but whatever, its something to do at work.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Be like me.

Read Sonic comics.

Oliver Queen, self-described "leftist":

YhmTDcD.jpg

Ollie spent a weekend homeless and instantly declare himself the champion of the common man.

He sucks so hard, and that's why he's the best. He's like a 1998 Wildstorm take on Batman only he was made who he was in 1969.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Be like me.

Read Sonic comics.

Ollie spent a weekend homeless and instantly declare himself the champion of the common man.

He sucks so hard, and that's why he's the best. He's like a 1998 Wildstorm take on Batman only he was made who he was in 1969.

I'm actually exhausted with "he sucks, that's why he's great" stories. Too many American sitcoms from the last twenty years or so, I guess. But my problem with Ollie isn't that he sucks, it's that they spent years trying to tell me he was a leftist or whatever but when I read some of his older comics he's nowhere near a leftist. He's barely even a liberal. They said him and Hawkman used to get into a bunch because he was a "bleeding heart liberal" and Hawkman was more of a staunch conservative. If he was THIS bad, what the fuck was Hawkman? A white supremacist?

Literally at one point in Mike Grell's run he does the "Dindu Nuffin" meme.

vo4yHgh.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying for Rightstuf to get Ajin volume 10 back in stock so I can finish off the series. I haven't wanted to read the next volume of something like this in a while, it's already one of my favorite mangas ever. It's going up in my Mount Rushmore.

Best magas ever list:
Berserk
20th Century Boys
Monster
Akira
Vagabond
Vinland Saga
Planetes
Nausica
Goodnight Punpun
Dead Dead Demons
Yotsuba!
Hell's Paradise
Ajin

I might be forgetting one or two but them's the real deal holyfield.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom is also on my favorite mangas list even though I've never read a single page from it, I'm just saying this in case Mr. Viz is reading the thread so he'll adapt it into English.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually exhausted with "he sucks, that's why he's great" stories. Too many American sitcoms from the last twenty years or so, I guess. But my problem with Ollie isn't that he sucks, it's that they spent years trying to tell me he was a leftist or whatever but when I read some of his older comics he's nowhere near a leftist. He's barely even a liberal. They said him and Hawkman used to get into a bunch because he was a "bleeding heart liberal" and Hawkman was more of a staunch conservative. If he was THIS bad, what the fuck was Hawkman? A white supremacist?

Literally at one point in Mike Grell's run he does the "Dindu Nuffin" meme.

vo4yHgh.jpg

Ultimately Green Arrow is only going to go as far left as his writers' personal politics, and like, those generally don't go very far. It's almost entirely been professional white dudes for the past ~80 years, and they'll rarely write out morals they don't personally ascribe to. Grell's Green Arrow definitely leans "sensible liberal" across the board, and while that's pretty left-wing during the Reagan era he's probably closer to Bill Maher by today's standards. There's a small arc near the end about a town torn up by war protests (I assume for the Gulf War?) and Ollie trots out a lot of "you dumb idiots" snark about protesting in general, shit was painful.

I4SyYv5.png

You gotta remember that politically, "leftism" in America died in 1968. Left-wing positions in America have been a fringe topic ever since, up until (and frankly including) the last decade or so. Mainstream discourse has drawn centrism as "the left" and conservatism as "the right" for half a century, and in that context Oliver Queen is practically a communist. The overton window has shifted significantly, even since the Obama presidency.

Even in the O'Neil/Adams run he tends to be challenged from the left, and they're not shy about painting him as a hypocrite. Important thing is he's capable of learning and has his heart in the right place. I think he's a pretty accurate portrayal of an upper-class, middle-aged white dude who considers himself a leftist but often fails to walk the walk.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
well at least now I know why the Avengers are hanging out in a Celestial corpse.

ImmenseFearlessCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

Wasn't feeling the art in the first few issues (MgGuinness), but David Marquez's art on the Namor issues after is great.

Keep him on the book ffs :/

The book itself is... ok? The BC / Current double narrative feels very much like Aaron trying to mimic Hickman imo, and I'm not sure where he's going with the BC stuff (probably nowhere from all the jabs you lot throw at the book), but it didn't offend me by any means, I like Robbie on the team, I like "HULK SMASH" Jen, at least it's different, I dunno, it feels fine so far.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimately Green Arrow is only going to go as far left as his writers' personal politics, and like, those generally don't go very far. It's almost entirely been professional white dudes for the past ~80 years, and they'll rarely write out morals they don't personally ascribe to. Grell's Green Arrow definitely leans "sensible liberal" across the board, and while that's pretty left-wing during the Reagan era he's probably closer to Bill Maher by today's standards. There's a small arc near the end about a town torn up by war protests (I assume for the Gulf War?) and Ollie trots out a lot of "you dumb idiots" snark about protesting in general, shit was painful.

I4SyYv5.png

You gotta remember that politically, "leftism" in America died in 1968. Left-wing positions in America have been a fringe topic ever since, up until (and frankly including) the last decade or so. Mainstream discourse has drawn centrism as "the left" and conservatism as "the right" for half a century, and in that context Oliver Queen is practically a communist. The overton window has shifted significantly, even since the Obama presidency.

Even in the O'Neil/Adams run he tends to be challenged from the left, and they're not shy about painting him as a hypocrite. Important thing is he's capable of learning and has his heart in the right place. I think he's a pretty accurate portrayal of an upper-class, middle-aged white dude who considers himself a leftist but often fails to walk the walk.

If the goal is "Ollie's a hypocrite" then I'm fine with that. But honestly it's probably better to bury that aspect entirely if they're not going to do anything with it. Frankly, the most "leftist" thing he did in giving his fortune away was actually incredibly irresponsible--Queen Industries still existed I believe, so basically he just allowed worse people than him to run it.

Your other point reminds me of when Grant Morrison did Animal Man. "Your next writer will probably make you eat meat again."

I mean, that can't be true. He hit him with his right hand.

You practicing dad jokes in here? Is this what happens when you leave behind physical comics?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
BC put together a bunch of stuff to help out with the X-Men stuff going on. The first goes into the Hickman written stuff to look at what was setting up X-Men 20 and the new Hickman X-Book, which they are calling Inferno: The Books of Destiny.
bleedingcool.com

Inferno By Jonathan Hickman and Mahmud Asrar? (X-Men Spoilers)

We know that Jonathan Hickman is writing a new Krakoan X-Men title to follow his run on the X-Men series, and as showrunner of the Krakoan X-Men line
They also think Asrar is going to be the artist.

Then the second article puts together a bunch of stuff about Destiny and her journals
bleedingcool.com

Moira Mactaggert Had The Books Of Destiny All Along? (Spoilers)

The end of the most recent issue of X-Men #20 by Jonathan Hickman and Francesco Mobili teased the future. A new Inferno event, and Jonathan Hickman's new

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
BC put together a bunch of stuff to help out with the X-Men stuff going on. The first goes into the Hickman written stuff to look at what was setting up X-Men 20 and the new Hickman X-Book, which they are calling Inferno: The Books of Destiny.
bleedingcool.com

Inferno By Jonathan Hickman and Mahmud Asrar? (X-Men Spoilers)

We know that Jonathan Hickman is writing a new Krakoan X-Men title to follow his run on the X-Men series, and as showrunner of the Krakoan X-Men line
They also think Asrar is going to be the artist.

Then the second article puts together a bunch of stuff about Destiny and her journals
bleedingcool.com

Moira Mactaggert Had The Books Of Destiny All Along? (Spoilers)

The end of the most recent issue of X-Men #20 by Jonathan Hickman and Francesco Mobili teased the future. A new Inferno event, and Jonathan Hickman's new
Interesting.
I need to read the original Inferno story at some point. As I assume Hickman's new story will be at least tangentially related.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So there was supposed to be an Artemis movie directed by Lord and Miller from Spider-Verse, for Fox. But I think that was right before Disney bought Fox so I wonder if anything is happening with it still. Artemis was Andy Weir's follow up to The Martian. Its kinda similar, but its set on the Moon, and the main character has to save people on the moon base lol. Rosario Dawson was basically who the author had in mind when he was writing, and even went as far as having her do the audio book for Audible. Thats how I listened to the book lol.

Weir's 3rd book just came out and I was just wondering what was up with the movie since The Martian was so well loved at the time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So if this is Inferno 2, I wonder who that baby will be. Like werent there kids being sacrificed in the original Inferno, before the Goblin Queen showed up? I havent read it, but I swear ive heard thats how its starts the event.

Either way, is it just another Moira baby pic? Since it is just a reused image, are they just recapping what happened in the lead up to Inferno thats important to the new book? Or are they saying there will be a new baby involved?

Stryfe was stealing babys in Cable lol. But then the original Nathan Summers was also a baby during Inferno.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So if this is Inferno 2, I wonder who that baby will be.
Clearly it is a baby clone of Xavier, and Mystique is going to punt that little fucker off of a very tall building.
I don't spean Narezish, but it looks like a new volume launching October 1st? I don't know Blacksad or anything, though.
Cool. I think it was supposed to release sooner but then the pandemic happened. Hopefully it gets translated into English soon. Does Dark Horse still have the license?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying these Sonic the Hedgehog comics too much and it isn't ironic anymore.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
The only Blacksad I still need is A Silent Hell. The other two are some of my all time favorite books. Even if it's not as good as the first book, I'll still love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.