• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which series should Messi read? (keep my tastes in mind, this isn't a popularity poll)

• Naruto

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Bleach

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Dragon Ball (original, no Z)

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • One Piece (I know this will win by popularity)

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess Death of Dr. Strange is technically Marvel's winter event this year? We're already up to 4 tie-in issues.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
At least you acknowledge this! It's similar to Destiny, who is an unrepentant murderer and terrorist, which folks seem to overlook because....?????

Action figure line.
shf-tecon_09_v1.jpg

sample01int20.jpg

www.marvel.com

Marvel and Tamashii Nations Join Forces for New TECH-ON AVENGERS

Check out Marvel's latest news, articles, and press on Marvel.com!
They all look terrible.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reaching the end of the latest TMNT IDW Collection (spoilers: still the best ongoing comic), saw that it got a soft reboot in collected numbering, and a quick glance at wikipedia tells me it's all gonna be a big clusterfuck to follow like the series has been without these comprehensive, chronological collections.

I might just stick reading them in this format if they keep coming, but then that means waiting even longer to read the best comic. I'm torn.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't notice before, but the Batman Silver Age Vol. 1 Omnibus makes clear that there'll be one more Batman Golden Age omnibus. Even it out at 10 Golden Age omnibuses.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I started reading IDW TMNT I did not expect to eventually learn the origins of the universe and the struggles of its creator deity.

This comic, man.

"The other Avengers aren't interested in the learning curve" seems as good a reason as any
I'm mostly being facetious (the important reason is that it'd look boring), but a series about Tony Stark running his own little non-Avengers team in power armour sounds like it'd be a fun spinoff through its life.

Last edited:

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Hey there, don't know if this thread is the good one but I've been looking for two Donald Duck stories I used to read when I was younger and cannot find them on Inducks... Is there an expert here by any chance?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if that means that the show will be delayed or if the publishing side just missed the date (like they did with the election issue that came out a week or so after Trump had already won).
I think that was mostly because they had to delay the issue because the CW2 tie in had to get delayed when CW2 got delayed.

Wait yeah why doesn't Tony just build Iron Man suits for all his friends?
The gist of this book is they lose their powers. Unlike the other book where everyone gets a Mecha for no reason.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking glad Marauders and Hellions ran out of steam so I don't have to subject myself to another fucking crossover derailing the books I'm reading and delaying the trade release.

This whole era of X-Men's been boring as shit since all those flashy, bold ideas for series became Yet Another X-Men Book.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
final reprint! always crazy to me that remender's stuff isn't constantly in print. the profit must not be very large.

He says in the comments that they are expensive to produce and they tie up their money for a long time.

Fear State Alpha is gonna be pretty and Queen Ivy finally shows up. End her.

This video of his detailing is insane

I just noticed Harley, Gardener and Molly are together. Nice. Selina is with Pammy too.

This is the book for meeee

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It better be good the way you are hyping it up.
It really, really is. Maybe my new favorite comic book movie?

Though I only just saw the first one on Wednesday so, you know, it's got a very low bar to climb over. But even accounting for that it's a fantastic movie.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Its not like Marvel is doing anything with The Punisher these days. They cant redeem him like DC did with Slade.

But I wouldnt kill Frank/Punisher off. I would just retire the Punisher moniker and give Frank either a new role or a family lol. Id read Frank Castle: Agent of Shield way before reading another Punisher series.

Pun-isher. Frank's going to kill you with kindness!

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Its not like Marvel is doing anything with The Punisher these days. They cant redeem him like DC did with Slade.

But I wouldnt kill Frank/Punisher off. I would just retire the Punisher moniker and give Frank either a new role or a family lol. Id read Frank Castle: Agent of Shield way before reading another Punisher series.

Pun-isher. Frank's going to kill you with kindness!
Deathstroke hasn't been redeemed. They just ignore how terrible he is.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'm about to rewatch Suicide Squad for the second time which I very rarely do and never the day after I watched it the first time. I just can't stop thinking about it and seeing this Ratcatcher and Sebastian talk convinced me. I was definitely not expecting those characters to be some of my favorites.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finally read Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad, having read the first issue back when it came out and trade waiting, and then being inspired after seeing the new movie and all.

Unfortunately it wasn't very good? I fear the "Taylor fatigue" that people keep talking about has finally hit me. The Revolutionaries, as characters and concepts and designs, are all great, but the writing is a little too cutesy and the plot feels a little too... nice? I appreciate how explicitly political it gets, but like, everyone is friendly and positive and ultimately does the right thing. Not really what I'm looking for in a Suicide Squad book.

I do hope they all show up again, though, because like... damn those designs. Thylacine and Ostia in particular are instant classics.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got to the Belasco issue in my Claremont X-Men read and I gotta say, 80s comics were super good at being fucking nightmarish when they want to be. This one issue is a better horror comic than any I've read.

It starts out with normal ass Claremont narrator before he suddenly starts speaking to Ilyana in first person, drags all the X-Men into his domain, and then casually pulls Kitty's entire skeleton out and has it pose in front of her. This shit's fucked. Meanwhile an entirely separate team of X-Men from an alternate universe also came to Belasco's dimension at the same time to save their Kitty and Ilyana and oh my god it's so fucking surreal. I love it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
X-Men #162 is a pretty defining moment for Wolverine for a lot of reasons.

- It's mostly narrated in first person with that delectable Claremontese edge.

- It's a solo Wolverine adventure where he's killing Brood soldiers the entire time with his knife hands.

- This is the first time he says his "I'm the best there is at what I do" catchprase, and it's in reference to how he wishes no one will ever see him be as violent as he is towards the Brood.

- Wolverine is the only person who can do anything thanks to his kickass superpowers and everyone else is weak and helpless and waits for him to save them.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time one of the X-Men is put in a mildly threatening situation someone instantly assumes they're dead and starts going "I will avenge you with blood!"

Edit: The original Brood arc is fucking ridiculously good. It's a perfectly crystalized snapshot of the core ideas of X-Men.

It is, admittedly, weird that every issue has them bang on for pages about how they can never kill ever no matter what and they're fighting fucking Xenomorphs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.