• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you Purchase the new XBOX console or instead opt for their services and/or releases on PC?

• I will purchase the new/next Xbox Console

Votes: 274 26.1%
  • I will invest on the Xbox ecosystem and titles via PC

Votes: 401 38.2%
  • I will buy the next Xbox console but also play my games on PC and vice versa

Votes: 156 14.8%
  • I will not invest in the Xbox ecosystem and titles on PC or via a new Xbox console

Votes: 220 20.9%

• Total voters

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
PC has:
1. Backwards compatibility overload. I can still play Half Life 2 on Steam without issue. Hell with a little work you can play basically any game ever released on PC with a PC built in 2019.
2. A massive catalog of games.
3. Free online play
4. Usually games are cheaper

Xbox has:
1. Cheaper and easier to buy if you are starting from scratch
2. Possibly bigger player base for certain games

To me it's no contest, PC all the way.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm not investing $1300 into my PC to game at 4k 60

I'm more than happy with my 21:9 1080 screen for pc.

I do have a 65" 4KHDR TV though and $500 is cheap and affordable for 4k gaming. It's a no brainier.

Jul 26, 2018
I have both PC and Xbox One X.

What I notice is for certain games like Battlefield games, it tends to be more fun and more populated on Xbox than PC. On PC, I have to deal with hackers, dead severs, bots, literally the same players i've played from yesterday, etc.

On Xbox, none of that happens and the games feel like it has just launched. Battlefield 1 is DEAD on PC US severs yet it's packed on Xbox. Same goes for BF3, Hardline, BF4, etc. It basically taught me to always buy a console for certain games like Battlefield.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
No chance of buying an Xbox, but might get an Xbox game or two on PC if I can convince a few of my friends to get Halo.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Because the way taxes work on my country, it would be actually cheaper to get a pc with good specs than an xbox, if you know where to look for. But my take doesn't matter,i'm not interested on xbox in any capacity.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'll definitely buy a next gen XBOX so all my XBOX, XBOX 360 and XB1 games all carry over, and then I'll also play some GP Ultimate and crossplay games on my laptop where they are not too intensive.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
For me a xbox console doesn't make sense anymore, I prefer to play on PC and I would love if Sony brings their games to PC.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Just build a new PC and have had a good experience with Game Pass, so I'll probably skip nextgen on XBOX. Will probably still buy PS5, but not right away.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PC/PS5/Switch is pretty ideal for me. Gamepass instead of an xbox gives me more reasons to upgrade my GPU too.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Wow, it looks like the vast majority of people plan on investing in the Xbox ecosystem next-gen. I don't game on PC so I'll be buying a Scarlett day 1.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Console + PC, same as always except I'll be doing a lot less double dipping since going forward it's more likely that any Xbox game purchase will carry over to PC.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'll probably skip the next Xbox, at least for a while. I haven't enjoyed even a single Microsoft first party game, and even though I have GamePass, turns out I barely even touch it.

I'll stick with the Sony/Nintendo/PC Holy Trinity for next-gen.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both. I like playing at my computer, but it can be pretty sweaty sometimes, when compared to relaxing on the couch in front of the television.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
184 people already know they will never buy an Xbox game next generation even if they would produce some quality titles? It depends on the definition but OP states ecosystem or individual games in the poll. I really don't get why you would today rule out the possibility of buying a game by a company for the next seven or so years. Especially when you can even access their games easily on Steam. Unless you boycott the company, of course, then it's a different case.

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017
If Microsoft truly does expand their console offerings to also be available on PC, I think I'd stick with the PC experience as it has great "backwards compatibility."

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Game Pass + XCloud streaming is a thing I think I will go that route at least until there are price cuts to the physical hardware.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Not really, I can absolutely appreciate what MS is doing with Gamepass but I have too much invested in Sony and Nintendo at this point. I barely have enough time to play the games I want to on those systems as it is so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to start investing in Xbox. If Sony doesn't have backwards compatibility than I might revisit my choices depending on what is going to be available for each at launch.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I HAVE to upgrade my PC to be rather beefy every few years, thats not negotiable ... so I dont see a single reason to also invest in a MSoft console again. Zero value for me.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Unless the first party content gets dramatically better I dont think I'll be bothering. So its a wait and see approach for me.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
The only game I like from MS atm is Forza Horizons I buy those but that's it from MS, guess Minecraft too which I bought years back hardly play it but good to have time to time

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
Getting gamepass for PC so no reason to buy the new xbox as all the MS exclusive games will be on gamepass.

PC/PS5/Switch

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Flight Simulator and the Age of Empires/Mythology franchises are too important to me to go back to console.

Game Pass for PC changes the game in such a good way. I had already ditched console gaming, with Microsoft's business model I still get to enjoy a bunch of games that would have previously been inaccessible to me. I win, they win.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
right now im pc and switch, will probably just stay that way. If Sony ever offers a gamepass thing on pc, ill gladly subscribe.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
"Good"
Prebuilt. Check best buys website

"Good"
Prebuilt. Check best buys website

Here's one for about $600:
"iBUYPOWER Desktop: Set a new high score with this iBuyPower gaming desktop. An AMD Ryzen 3 3200G processor and 8GB of RAM maintain smooth performance while multitasking, and the 1TB hard drive provides ample storage space. This iBuyPower gaming desktop has an AMD Radeon RX 560 graphics card that delivers detailed visuals and responsive gameplay."

I have a hunch PS5 and Scarlet will crap on that "good" pc.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I just don't see a reason anymore to be honest.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I'll probably play on both PC and Xbox. Although already owning an X and a capable PC could lead to me waiting longer before buying the neXtbox, instead of at day one.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I don't care about Microsoft/Xbox since the 360 days and i doubt next gen is going to be any different