• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Banana, but only because every banana I've ever had in my country tasted sour. I had bananas in the US and they tasted really good, though.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I really hate cantaloupe. It makes me gag.

I was told that it's like cilantro, in which some people genetically taste a different flavor from others when eating it (they think it tastes like soap). Cantaloupe apparently doesn't have sweetness for some people, like me, so all we taste are the other notes. Well those other notes are gross.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
honeydew. Mostly flavorless, but with a tinge of rottenness/mead. And sometimes it seems slightly effervescent? or tingly? on my tongue?? idk, fruit shouldn't do that.

Last edited:

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
I try to like papaya like every time and I just can't. Like it looks delicious but it tastes like garbage.

I like most fruit

sHitman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Prickly pear, too much of a hassle to get into. I once bought one and didn't know about the needles, my hands were fucked for a few days and I threw this piece of shit away. Don't know how they taste though.

Oct 28, 2017
Kiwis are pretty nasty

Also I'm not a big fan of pears. Too grainy.

FUCK PEARS AND THEIR GRAINY ASS TEXTURE

Pears are only grainy when they aren't ripe yet. Ripe, juicy pears are fucking amazing.

Also, what's with all the cantaloupe and honeydew hate in this thread? They're great! (You need a bit of luck when buying them, I admit that. Some can be kinda watery and bland. But the good ones are really good)

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Cantaloupe and honeydew are like 94% trash, but the absolute peak of those fruits do reach the heights of other fruit. But it's rare and it has to be *perfect*.

More directly, fuck cranberries. All tart no reward. Garbage!

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
Papayas are pretty terrible.

Never had a durian but sounds like I don't need to, lol.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
Grapefruit is pretty meh but in general im not picky.

edit.: nvmd, a Quitte is truly nothing to write home about.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I've spotted all of the people in this thread that don't know how to pick a good melon.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I eat bananas for the potassium. I was told it helps with muscles seizing up (Charlie horse). I hate them though. They stink and they are usually just sweet. No tang to them. No citrus bite. Never trust a person that seems out the banana Runts.

Fuck pears, they're gritty and taste like shit. Wannabe apples.
I used to feel the same way. I don't know why my opinion changed. I was making a smoothie and ate a couple of slices while I was throwing it into the blender. I haven't eaten a pear in probably 15 to 20 years or more. The stuff I used to hate was actually ok. It had a kinda course texture and a mild sweetness. Not overly sweet like some apples. And it was firm. I used to hate them hence my not touching them in years, but now I'm not sure.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Apples are terrible... but I do love apple juice.

So I'll go with cherrys. Nothing good comes from them.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I... have never had a durian. I've had almost everything else mentioned (don't think I've had kumquat either), and after a little research I might have to upgrade cantaloupe from its low status. Google is showing me that durian might have been put on the planet to punish humanity.

Now on a mission to try a durian.

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
Grocery store fruit is a crap shoot. Grocery store fruit is a lesser version of garden/farm fresh. Fruit I thought I disliked turns amazing if you eat it ripened in a garden and not in a shipping box.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Grapefruit is mine. People told me it's great for breakfast, but then it spat in my eye and tasted like shit.

Magni

Durian. I'm also not the biggest fan of figs.

Regarding all of the "melon has no taste" comments... didn't check everyone's profile, but since a good chunk of this board lives in the US, I'll have to say that on average the fruit I ate when I lived in the US had less flavor than what I've had living in Europe and Japan. Certainly melons, but also other fruit such as strawberries, apples, grapes, etc. They felt a lot more watery in the US.