• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are the Chanticleers are real team

• No

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Just not possible

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Who throws a shoe?

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • MOD ABUSE

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Florida did a thing.

But who cares about that.
Uk1WCiq.png

The AP number 9 team, the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, host #17 Louisiana in what will be a rematch of a very fun game from earlier this season. Will it have Playoff implications? Fuck no, because this sport is dumb as hell. Coastal probably isn't even making an NY6 with a win.

There are some other CCGs. ND/Clemson pt 2 is at 4 PM EST on ABC, followed by Tulsa/Cincy at 8. There are also some regular season games to fulfill TV obligations. CFB.guide has you covered there.

This thread will serve as the OT until the New Year's games, including for Playoff selection Sunday at noon.

Last edited:

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I want a conference title to get canceled because of Covid just to see the shitshow it will cause.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
They're trying to get him a big extension lol. Such a weird/disappointing season. Hope the Ducks win but they've been atrocious in all but one or two of their games.

Yeah, he's using the Auburn job to get paid. Can't say I blame him, even in a pandemic, since most of that money is just coming out of Uncle Phil's pockets.

Nov 2, 2017
Olave or Wilson.

contact tracing gonna wipeout TOSU chances because they'll probably sit out not only conference championship game but also a potential semifinal game.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
rut roh.

source inside tOSU program says a bigtime wr has tested positive.
Damn that fucking sucks. Hopefully it doesn't spread quickly to the rest of the receiving corp, otherwise we'd see OSU run the triple option.

Still, as long as Fields plays, beating Northwestern should be pretty easy. Hell even without him it probably would be.

Nov 2, 2017
looks like its Olave or Wilson plus other non starters as of now. contact tracing is gonna be a bitch. Good news (I guess) is word going in bigten circles is their 21 day quarantine rule wont apply after their season concludes. So any players testing positive today would be able to play in a potential semi final game.

tOSU will play Saturday even if they only have 22 players available you best believe that.

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
race to see who can get clowned by Bama.

I think Bama is the favorite for sure, but I don't think it's a free gimme for them. They're gonna have to work for it. Clemson can beat them. They're going to have to play exceptionally well for an entire game, but they can win. If Clemson fucks up and loses to Notre Dame, I think Alabama will tear them a new butthole. They got Notre Dame's number. Same for Texas A&M getting in, same for Iowa State. And I honestly can't see Ohio State beating them. They might could do it, but I can't picture it.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
looks like its Olave or Wilson plus other non starters as of now. contact tracing is gonna be a bitch. Good news (I guess) is word going in bigten circles is their 21 day quarantine rule wont apply after their season concludes. So any players testing positive today would be able to play in a potential semi final game.

tOSU will play Saturday even if they only have 22 players available you best believe that.
And probably still beat Northwestern without any issues

opus

Oct 25, 2017
What happens if Covid wrecks one of these playoff games? Has anyone from the committee addressed this?

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not for a conference championship, but first we were going to play Ohio State this weekend, then we were going to play Indiana, then we were going to play Michigan. Fuck, I'd take Rutgers at this point.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT

PAIN

PAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Well, this sucks. When it comes to college sports, I'll take the scrappy underdogs making waves over the successful blue bloods every season. I love stories like Coastal Carolina or UCF a couple of years ago. So not only were we deprived of any chance of a playoff, now they don't get a marquee championship game, lose any chance of a big bowl invite, and will probably be relegated to one of those stupid bowls that takes place at 2pm on a weekday that I can't watch any of since I'll be in the office.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
You know, if Coastal had just cancelled 5 more games, they'd get much closer to a playoff birth, Like Ohio State.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So whoever lose from ND-CLEM, Cincy gets their spot?

Will Larry Scott sigh and see that the Big Ten will bluff their way to the CFP while his shitshow can't get anything?

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Well, this sucks. When it comes to college sports, I'll take the scrappy underdogs making waves over the successful blue bloods every season. I love stories like Coastal Carolina or UCF a couple of years ago. So not only were we deprived of any chance of a playoff, now they don't get a marquee championship game, lose any chance of a big bowl invite, and will probably be relegated to one of those stupid bowls that takes place at 2pm on a weekday that I can't watch any of since I'll be in the office.

Precisely. Chants were my favorite story in all of CFB this year and it sucks that it's going to end this way for them. They run a really fun offense and are a joy to watch. Now they get to end the season in Insert Dumb Sponsor Here Bowl against a shit opponent that probably won't even be P5.

Oct 30, 2017

Will Larry Scott sigh and see that the Big Ten will bluff their way to the CFP while his shitshow can't get anything?

If Clem loses again, you have to give it to Cincy because you can't say it was because they didn't have Trevor Lawrence this time. If ND loses, I could see both still getting in.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

If Clem loses again, you have to give it to Cincy because you can't say it was because they didn't have Trevor Lawrence this time. If ND loses, I could see both still getting in.

Y'all, they dropped Cincy below Iowa State.

If ND/Bama/Ohio State all win, the four is probably going to be Aggie which absolutely blows given that we already saw Aggie/Bama.

This isn't a playoff. It's an invitational.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Cincinnati should get in if Clemson loses, but the committee dropping them down pretty much confirms they have no shot. A 2 loss Clemson will still be in even over A&M.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And just like that, the PAC falls on their face again. The AAC is a bigger P5 conference at this point.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Hiring Bert seems like a mistake, especially for $25 mil. But what do I know.

B1G/B12 at noon. One of those games should be alright and it isn't the one involving Ohio State.

Nov 2, 2017
NW in good position. tOSU long drive nets a fg.
Shorten the game, force fg's.
Buckeyes can move up n down the field all game.
Gonna come down to whether they get td's or fg's and if Fields turns it over.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Omigod, Illinois hired Bert. I was dreading that move back in February and Illinois just does it. The comedy.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Still early and I doubt we will have another 8 minute drive since that's not our offense. Northwestern can't keep up with our offense and we'll make defensive adjustments.

Nov 2, 2017
Buckeyes had trouble stopping the run.
This is going to be a lot closer than people thought. (42-10 lol)

That being said, tOSU has a history of giving up an early score or two then shutout the rest of the way.