• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's wild that they haven't fixed college football at this point, Oregon's season is literally over after just about 3 hours of football.

Bpfd

Oct 25, 2017
First game of the season, weird crap can happen for everyone who isnt coached by Nick Saban. Seriously Harbaugh restored the program to respectably after the Rich Rod and Hoke disasters. You don't fire him unless you really need to or you could end up in that type of situation again. College football has just passed Michigan by, what Harbaugh is doing is the best we should expect as Michigan fans now. He just needs to occasionally beat Ohio State.

That is kind of debatable. i still don't respect them.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Another 8-5 season at best on the way. Thanks Arroyo! Herbert! Cristobal!

My fellow season ticket holders need to start making some calls. Halfway through the third quarter I knew we were going to lose this. The offensive playcalling clearly hasn't improved enough. Opponents adjust to our strong starts and we have no answer.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's wild that they haven't fixed college football at this point, Oregon's season is literally over after just about 3 hours of football.

How is it over?

Win out and they could still grab a playoff slot (maybe).

8 teams is the obvious sweet spot, but they've still got shit to play for.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
USC QB tore his ACL. They did the ACL tear test on field. The way he was helped off the field is exactly how I left the field when I tore mine as well.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
ResetEra thinks that money donated to and generated by college athletics takes away from academic funds. Funny thing though, college athletes have a higher graduation rate than most general student populations.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
ResetEra thinks that money donated to and generated by college athletics takes away from academic funds. Funny thing though, college athletes have a higher graduation rate than most general student populations.
Now compare majors/classes taken. As well as tutoring and possible... dubious means of advancement.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is kind of debatable. i still don't respect them.

They aren't a sub 500 team anymore and are second or third in the big ten every year. That's respectably to me even if they don't win against the big boys, but most schools can't win against the big boys anymore either.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
We need some common sense back into officiating. If Bama's sideline can't get hyped for a INT and if Auburn can't spike the ball when your true freshman chucks a go-ahead jump ball for the TD instead of kicking the FG that ends the game, what the fuck are we doing? This ain't the pros.

And I'm against vulgar displays and taunting as much as the next Gator who had to watch that LSU kicker rub our shitty faces into it after the fake that one year.

But come on.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hey listen man. I know you were just posting a tweet about the significance of Bo Nix's comeback Against Oregon and it was awesome. But Just to let you know Barstool Sports has some of the most toxic journalists and fans out there. It's okay if you didn't know about them, but next time perhaps post a tweet not from Barstool.
I know barstool can be pretty shit, but they had the best version of the Cam Newton/Bo Nix pic and the explanation behind it. I'd ibhad found a tweets as good or better than this one i absolutely would have used it, but I couldn't at the time.

If I had to limit myself to tweets from 100% good and politically correct feeds then i would almost never be able to post tweets from anyone. Sharing a tweet from someone does not mean you support the person and/or entity who made it or the rest of their tweets and statements in the past or future. It just means you found the content of the individual tweet in question relavent to the topic at hand. Which I did. So I shared it.

Last edited:

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Random question but if anyone would know it's you guys. My son is stationed in Japan and has an xbox one. Is there an app that he can get or what is the best way he can watch college games while he's over there? Roku maybe? Espn+ app? Not sure what the best cheapest route is.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Random question but if anyone would know it's you guys. My son is stationed in Japan and has an xbox one. Is there an app that he can get or what is the best way he can watch college games while he's over there? Roku maybe? Espn+ app? Not sure what the best cheapest route is.
ESPN+ for now will only have certain college leagues with limited games. You won't get linear ESPN content there. If he likes soccer, UFC, boxing, etc., it could be a good option to look into if available overseas.

I have no idea if things like Hulu Live, Sling, Youtube TV, PS Vue, or Direct TV now are available. If they are, then one of those would be a good option.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Y'all remember when FSU blew a huge lead at home - where they weren't even supposed to play - to BSU and also when Tennessee got owned by Georgia State in their home opener? LOL

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
We need some common sense back into officiating. If Bama's sideline can't get hyped for a INT and if Auburn can't spike the ball when your true freshman chucks a go-ahead jump ball for the TD instead of kicking the FG that ends the game, what the fuck are we doing? This ain't the pros.

And I'm against vulgar displays and taunting as much as the next Gator who had to watch that LSU kicker rub our shitty faces into it after the fake that one year.

But come on.

Feelingsball (n.) — The nanny-state Utopian stasis desired by NCAA rule-makers who continue to strip celebration privileges from young athletes; a catch-all term for the permeation of participation-ribbon culture into college football.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Tennessee so bad a fan has a new theory: maybe they lost on purpose? Lmaaaaao

Houston OU game going about as I expected. Two things:

1. That one commentator thought the first Hurts run was a TD because his left leg crossed the plane despite his right foot being out of bounds and the ball already way across the sideline. Wtf?

2. Might be an overreaction to OU's defense based on this game. No doubt they look good against a competent offense but I'd wait to see a few more games in.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee so bad a fan has a new theory: maybe they lost on purpose? Lmaaaaao

Houston OU game going about as I expected. Two things:

1. That one commentator thought the first Hurts run was a TD because his left leg crossed the plane despite his right foot being out of bounds and the ball already way across the sideline. Wtf?

2. Might be an overreaction to OU's defense based on this game. No doubt they look good against a competent offense but I'd wait to see a few more games in.
I can understand on the first one because the rules of when the goal line extends beyond the sideline are kinda weird imo. If it was a reception where the first foot was inbounds and the second was out of bounds, then the goal line is extended outside the sidelines. But because Hurts became a runner, he has to establish himself inside the endzone for the goal line to extend out of bounds. Also I might have been thinking of the third running TD in that game instead of the first.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Louisville ball!

We actually have a game?

And they turned it back over!

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Louisville ball!

We actually have a game?

And they turned it back over!
Honestly looked miles better tonight then last year, and better than I expected and that's with my usual skepticism of ND being about 10 spots over rated at all times in my near 40 years. If they bring that same level to these next few games and build on what Satterfield has started my hype for this season may just go up, had us at 5 maybe 6 wins but saw potential tonight for that to improve to 7-8 if, and big IF, team continues the intensity and focus

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
week 1 in the books, what will week 2 bring us? Hopefully more fuck ball!

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Hyped for Saturday.

Getting to College Park early to tailgate before going to Terps game then we'll head back to DC to watch afternoon games and end up at the watch party spot for Florida.

Looking forward to TAMU Clemson and LSU Texas. Also would love to see Tennessee lose to the Mormons.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.