• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chun-Li or Cammy

• Chun-Li

Votes: 804 68.0%
  • Cammy

Votes: 378 32.0%

• Total voters

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
Chun-Li was the first character I ever picked when I put in my first coin after laying eyes on street fighter 2 for the first time in an arcade.
Crouching Heavy Kick immediately fucked people up back then... before people learned how to block.

and spinning bird kick, iconic.

cammy is cool tho. But basically a gymnast mixed with a soldier. I don't think she can compete with Chun-li as far as being iconic.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing Cammy can ever do will EVER top Chun Li demolishing Vega in the Street Fighter anime movie.

U0dV4jI.gif

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I like Chun Li more, but I'm better using Cammy. That's not saying much since I'm not great at the game anyways, though.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
I have never understood why Cammy wears fire hydrants on her arms. So Chun Li wins.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I love both. But I have to pick Chun Li for being the original. Cammy deserves a lot of credit for being the only Super character with staying power.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Chun Li. Iconic and a killer design.

Cammy, well, she's not awful, but, knowing she's based on Alita kinda sours it for me, since she's basically lesser in every way.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm better with Cam. But Chun is the Queen.

We love you, Queen!

b325043e8d67981cc32a6f223eb9c738.jpg

Can't we all just get along?
(Cammy/Ken main here, except for third strike, then it's Chun/Akuma)
This is such a good photo. Wow.

Also source? I've seen most of not all official art and I've never seen this somehow 🤔. Is it official?

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Cammy.

I was first exposed to her in SFA3, and her blue leotard look with the sprite models they used back then remains my favourite.

I like Chun Li too, but vastly prefer Cammy even now.

Sorta wish they went back to the sprite look, since I'm not a fan at all of the recent game's art direction/ character models.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Chun-Li no contest, she's super fun in a ton of games (She's evil in Super Turbo but in more recent examples, Power Rangers and MVCI), and while I never found SF's story particularly compelling, I think Chun-Li has a little more going on than Cammy did. Design-wise I also just like her outfits better, the tracksuit and her normal garb are both classic looks.

Ironically where many people in the thread don't like that Chun-Li is a charge character traditionally, one of my biggest hangups in SFA2 and Third Strike (two incarnations where she's one of the best characters in both games), Kikouken is a half-circle instead of being a charge move.

supafamiman

Oct 27, 2017
Chun.

Always felt like Cammy you can't use her special moves that freely outside of maybe dive kick in SFIV and V (I don't know much about the older SFs). Drill and DP are unsafe if not spaced or confirmed. Hooligan and spin knuckle are whatever. Her game doesn't revolve around slowly doing chip damage to pressure opponents making her not be able to play a slow "vice-like" style like let's say Guile (and she lacks mixup tool like overhead attack). Her gameplay feels too focus on poke/throw and yolo get in option like divekick (into more poke/throw) making her style uninteresting to play.

She does have good theme song though and design wise the long braids are actually pretty cool.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Chun-Li's always been fav but in terms of gameplay I usually preferred Cammy. That changed in SFV though where Chunners became my main so hopefully they keep the changes they made to her inputs in future installments.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Chun-Li was the first character I ever picked when I put in my first coin after laying eyes on street fighter 2 for the first time in an arcade.
Crouching Heavy Kick immediately fucked people up back then... before people learned how to block.
I think she may have been my first SFII character too. She was EASILY my favorite SFII World Warrior and Champion Edition character, and the one I'd pick when I wasn't in the mood to fuck around. That bird stomp on the head into the heavy kick landing used to fuck up so many kids.

If you know you know.

Again, Chun-Li is an icon. But that wasn't the question, so I can understand some voting for Cammy as a character they simply like more.

But in terms of brand and visibility...Chun Li is recognizable by people who don't even play videogames. She's not Mario levels of recognition, but she's closer than most would probably think. Probably around that Sonic The Hedgehog level. More recognizable than Link.

I love both, but Chun is queen of fighting games.
She the forebearer of women in fighting games. The patriarch. She is a legend and more important to the history of gaming than about 99% of characters.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Chun-Li has been my go-to Street Fighter character since I dropped my first quarter into Street Fighter II.