• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
I'm honestly not a fan of stuckmann, but I still backed it. Just happy to support his creativity and hopefully it turns out well.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Twin boys born last year. His movie hitting its stretch goals this year. Things are looking pretty good for Mr Stuckmann.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Hope this is good. I've been following CHris, and felt this was a way to give back for all the entertainment/discussion he has given to me over the past man years

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017

Shooting has wrapped.
It's been really neat to have been able to see the daily updates, could be a really good horror movie.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine no budget for re-shoots etc....must have been stressful. Being a famous youtuber I'm sure he has extra stress.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Better be amazing coming from someone who criticize others people work for over the years.

louie

Oct 29, 2017
Unfortunately he has a bit of a target on his back due to being a critic, but I don't think anyone is really expecting this to be some A24-tier horror. He really just has to deliver an enjoyable film for it to be considered a success.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of him but I'm gonna check some of his videos since people here seem to like him
In any case, it's cool to see that kind of Kickstarter success for a indie horror movie

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately he has a bit of a target on his back due to being a critic, but I don't think anyone is really expecting this to be some A24-tier horror. He really just has to deliver an enjoyable film for it to be considered a success.

I think if he delivers anything but a train wreck, I can see this doing decently well.

I predict this will end up being a pretty solid effort and ends up being a small hit akin to Upgrade, which garners a bit of word of mouth.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a release date for this? Agree with some others that his background as critic will make everything more difficult for him but hopefully it turns out well.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be cool to see what he and his crew came up with.

I'm not a big fan of him as a critic but I hope he gets the output and input he wants with this project.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping he has someone helping him edit and some general assistance. Filming probably didn't last long due to budget reasons

dmshaposv

Oct 27, 2017
Chris is good friends with Mike Flanagan so I'm hoping he helps him get a good edit and further distribution for this.

I actually contributed to the Kickstarter because regardless of how the film turns out, I really enjoy Stuckmann's reviews.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if there is a newer thread for this.

They have now run out of money to finish a few VFX shots needed for the movie. Chris is asking people to go preorder the movie or purchase other things on the site to support them

youtu.be

Big Shelby Oaks Announcement!

Support Shelby Oaks in Post-Production: http://www.shelbyoaksmovie.com

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if there is a newer thread for this.

They have now run out of money to finish a few VFX shots needed for the movie. Chris is asking people to go preorder the movie or purchase other things on the site to support them

youtu.be

Big Shelby Oaks Announcement!

Support Shelby Oaks in Post-Production: http://www.shelbyoaksmovie.com

He seems to be up front and genuine. Hope he is able to bring out the movie.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Never heard of this before but it sounds like an interesting project. Hopefully it turns out well!