• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he work with Bethesda in Prey? I guess he decided he hadn't burned enough bridges in the industry?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Bethesda's tragic mishandling of the Fallout IP is so sad.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super unhappy at how Bethesda has handled Fallout myself, but if it's Chris versus them (or Chris versus most people), I'm not siding with Chris.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A little childish but well deserved. I'm still not sure wtf they were thinking with Fallout 76. Did they not see any of this coming?

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I'm usually slow as molasses dissecting a trailer, but it was clear as day what they were doing in that trailer. I popped off hard.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I've been saying Fuck Bethesda for years :/

ikr. gosh. Bethesda fanboys are literally the worst. Skyrim and Elder Scrolls are Tolkien wannabes. Slap a wall of text for you to read and it's "lore", it's "deep story" or some other bullshit. The monsters are uninspiring, everything else about it is just so cliched. I look at smth like Breath of Fire which has exponentially more creativity and I wonder what sort of consumers would praise this Tolkien ripoff as if it's the greatest thing in gaming.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is...really a embarrassing look for Chris right now. Seeing him act like some typical internet fanboy is kinda sad.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the reveal was pointed as hell.

-Introducing Tim and Leonard as Fallout's creators.
-Them mentioning how long since they worked together at Troika (Troika's last unreleased project was a post apocalyptic RPG that was intended to carry the Fallout license once it went up for sale; Bethesda swooping in and outbidding them for it basically killed the project which killed Troika as a company)
-Explicitly pointing out that it's a single player RPG
-The splashes in the trailer noting the Fallout pedigre

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Obsidian has every right to hold some REALLY bad blood for Zenimax/Bethesda. What was done to them was nothing short of evil

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda torching Obsidian with New Vegas was such a dumb move.

Especially now Obsidian is in a position to essentially eat their lunch indefinitely.

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everything about the reveal was pointed as hell.

-Introducing Tim and Leonard as Fallout's creators.
-Them mentioning how long since they worked together at Troika (Troika's last unreleased project was a post apocalyptic RPG that was intended to carry the Fallout license once it went up for sale; Bethesda swooping in and outbidding them for it basically killed the project which killed Troika as a company)
-Explicitly pointing out that it's a single player RPG
-The splashes in the trailer noting the Fallout pedigre

It's honestly pretty brilliant. Bethesda and the Fallout franchise for ripe for replacing after this recent release. They are basically saying come with us, we are running with the ball now.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are misunderstanding. It's not him saying it directly, he's just pointing out that clearly Obsidian was saying it in their trailer. Which makes sense because they now have infinite money and a secure future, and no longer need to rely on the good will of Bethesda.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I generally don't like or get involved in any industry drama, but I laughed at this.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't this dude burn enough bridges yet? I really don't like this guy.

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All MS needs to do now is buy Bethesda and give the IP back to Obsidian and the circle is complete. They can assign Todd Howard as the single employee who is to keep Fallout 76 running for the next 10 years even if it has zero players.