• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
I just got a £5 off voucher from Amazon for Call of Duty, so check your emails if you've bought any games from them recently.

I have no use for mine and I don't know if it's account specific either but if anyone wants it, it's yours.

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
I got one I don't need too lol. Let me know if anyone wants it. Think amazon sent em to the wrong people lol

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Got a £6 off voucher from Amazon for FIFA 19 (works on PS4, XONE, Switch, PS3 and 360 versions). I'm not going to use it so if anyone wants it, send me a PM

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm not sure how available it is throughout Europe, but Bayonetta 2 (Switch) is 36.36€ on Amazon.es, via English Import.

Lowest price I've seen since release. Now you can feel like Gaga too!

So weird that the UK version is cheaper on amazon.es than amazon.co.uk, hahah!

However, it says that:
  • The original Wii U version of Bayonetta game is on the Nintendo Switch system - included with the packaged version of Bayonetta 2 as a pack-in digital download code (Will require a UK Nintendo account to download and play)
For people (re)importing to the UK, that's obviously not an issue, but for actual Spaniards like myself (and people from other countries), how limiting is this? Since we can change our accounts' countries whenever we want, I'm assuming you'd be able to redeem it anyway, but would you need to leave it as UK for the game to boot? Anyone knows?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

However, it says that:
  • The original Wii U version of Bayonetta game is on the Nintendo Switch system - included with the packaged version of Bayonetta 2 as a pack-in digital download code (Will require a UK Nintendo account to download and play)
For people (re)importing to the UK, that's obviously not an issue, but for actual Spaniards like myself (and people from other countries), how limiting is this? Since we can change our accounts' countries whenever we want, I'm assuming you'd be able to redeem it anyway, but would you need to leave it as UK for the game to boot? Anyone knows?
What? It should be the same version for Spain / UK, I don't think the parenthesis text is true unless Bayonetta 2 is a special case.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

However, it says that:

Even if it's a region specific code you'll be able to change your account region and redeem it from whichever the origin of the code. Just be sure to spend all the money on your e-wallet before swapping regions.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, there shouldn't be any problem. Create the account, redeem the code and play it as long as you want with your other users.

I don't get this offer either, it might be a preview for what's to come during BF and they didn't update yet on Amazon UK.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm tempted to double dip (triple dip in the case of Bayo 1).

I don't get this offer either, it might be a preview for what's to come during BF and they didn't update yet on Amazon UK.

Might be that, or Amazon Spain is just clearing stock of a game they physically imported from Amazon UK (I'm assuming this is actually sent from Spain).

Edit: Or a pricing error, because the game just went back to 52€. :P

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yes, there shouldn't be any problem. Create the account, redeem the code and play it as long as you want with your other users.

You don't even need to create a separate account, just swap regions with your main one and it'll all be under the same user. I did that with the Mega Man Legacy Collection US code, swapped my main account to US just to redeem the game and whenever I go to my native eShop it shows up as purchased from there.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never seen an eShop code that is country specific and doesn't work across the whole region. Chances are that's just legal disclaimer lingo to cover their bases. I'm 99% sure you can redeem the code in any european region, spain included, but worst (and extremely unlikely) case scenario it's very easy to work around it as explained.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's a region specific code you'll be able to change your account region and redeem it from whichever the origin of the code. Just be sure to spend all the money on your e-wallet before swapping regions.
With this, I knew about wallet being empty, but what happens to any gold coins sitting on your account? Do they have a separate tally per region, cross regions or get wiped out on the switch?

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
With this, I knew about wallet being empty, but what happens to any gold coins sitting on your account? Do they have a separate tally per region, cross regions or get wiped out on the switch?
Gold coins are region specific, they are kept within their respective region and will expire in 6 months iirc just like in every other region.

So if you have any gold coins you can swap regions and when you go back to it they'll still be there.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Just a heads up SAINSBURY's have their Double Points Exchange going on now so if you have £5 or more worth in points you can get it doubles to £10 or more WHich is pretty handy if you want some psn cards or games in their shops

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

However, it says that:
ignore this. The code works everywhere. This text is there because the box is for the UK with English text.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
You don't even need to create a separate account, just swap regions with your main one and it'll all be under the same user. I did that with the Mega Man Legacy Collection US code, swapped my main account to US just to redeem the game and whenever I go to my native eShop it shows up as purchased from there.
I'll remember that in the future. It should come quite handy and sounds even easier. Thanks!

Or a pricing error, because the game just went back to 52€. :P
Well, it was a very good price. A few more hours, it would have entered Amazon top 10.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Any tips for cheap Switch games? Diablo is freaking expensive everywhere?
there's no such thing

compare base.com/shopto.net/coolshop.com/shop4world.com aka 365games.co.uk aka shop4de/simplygames.com/thegamecollection.net with prices of your country's local stores and the amazons of the world and you basically know everything we could tell you here.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Any idea what's going on with Diablo 3 on switch?

Ebay UK seems to have a bunch at £20 or just under from sellers with some feedback?

I'm assuming they're either hacked accounts or some kind of scam?

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Any tips for cheap Switch games? Diablo is freaking expensive everywhere?

I had the chance for a copy for £34.50 but didn't bother

iAAjpHx.png

https://offergames.co.uk/products/diablo-eternal-collection-nintendo-switch

Alternatively if you don't want to bother offering you could get it for £35.77 by just scrolling down and hitting the Save 10% options will give you a code to enter. Sometimes you will get a save £3 off as well but codes don't stack. 10% works on hardware too btw.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I had the chance for a copy for £34.50 but didn't bother

iAAjpHx.png

https://offergames.co.uk/products/diablo-eternal-collection-nintendo-switch

Alternatively if you don't want to bother offering you could get it for £35.77 by just scrolling down and hitting the Save 10% options will give you a code to enter. Sometimes you will get a save £3 off as well but codes don't stack. 10% works on hardware too btw.

This is pretty cool mate, thanks for the suggestion will give it a go for sure (I'm still finishing Moonlighter)

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
No worries, I've used them quite a bit recently, got Division 2 Gold preordered at £65 and also Pokemon Lets Go + Pokeball for £62.77. Previously I got Mario Party (Switch) for £35.74 and Astro Bot for £23.50

Do they take payment straight away or is it a similar deal to Amazon with a charge just before dispatch?

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
ITAera, I'm flying to Italy and I'll get to spend some time around the Centrale Plaza. I've seen through Google Maps that there are a bunch of Gamestop all around but I was wondering if there are any Italy-only gaming stores that I should check out around that area. Thanks!