• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
yea usually. She will often sit in front of me and poke me in the chest until i cradle my arms for her.

I usually pick her up and give her a huge hug before bed and she loves it

like so

portrait-girl-cat-young-beautiful-260nw-354228062.jpg

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We just got a kitten. She currently loves to be picked up. We'll see if that holds up, but currently yes.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got 3 of the little furry bastards and not a single one likes being picked up. They'll lay around you all day but don't you dare move them when they ain't ready to be moved.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Nope, she gives out a loud meow like I kicked her in the groin then looks big eyed at me like I've murdered her family.

She likes to be on tables and such with interactions, so we found a good compromise.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, all of the cats I've had have ranged from being okay with it to loving it. One of my cats absolutely loved to be carried around like a baby.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Before he passed away he loved it when multiple people circled him and held him together. Didn't absolutely hate being picked up, but didn't particularly enjoy it for more than a minute or so.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
My wife has 3 cats, one is cool with being picked up by anyone, one only lets me pick her up because I just walk her around and let her smell high places and hold her while she looks out the window, one is such a chonk it can't breathe well or something when she gets picked up so that's a no-go. If you try to, she will let out an "urfm" and try to get down very quickly.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We just got a kitten. She currently loves to be picked up. We'll see if that holds up, but currently yes.
Do it daily and it will. I've found that's the key, hold them from the time they're little.

Mine does like to be picked up. She's almost always on top of me when I'm home sitting. She also likes to climb up my should and lay around my neck like a fur collar.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
yes, the boy loves to jump on my shoulder, the girl is ok with it for a while but then gently wiggle out. the other boy is fine with it and will even hug me sometimes.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to start posting pictures in here, what kinda cat thread is this?

My cat begs to be picked up, and enjoys both resting against my shoulder and being cuddled like a baby. She also drools when she's purring, so my shoulder is usually soaked (you can see some of it in the pic). At night, she also meows in the hallway where she knows the accoustics are good and she knows I'll pay attention to her so she won't wake my wife up. She wants me to move to the couch or recliner, get out a fleece blanket and let her sleep on me.

qSimGUW.jpg

Life of the party. Damnest thing, she was a stray who was trying to get into a restaurant as we were walking out. Couple days before Christmas, so we named her Noelle (but she answers to "Shitbird").
That's a Shit Hawk if I've ever seen one Randy

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Shiro used to panic, but now I am allowed to lift him and put him out of the kitchen or into the carrier if I have to. He does not struggle as much, he still does not enjoy it but he endures it. He used to kick full panic mode and scratch arms, now he just shows he wants to get off - not at all cost, he does not want to hurt you intentionally.

Ryudo on the other hand... he used to love to be cuddled. My fiancé was so happy about that, he kept picking him up as often as he could and did silly things. Like holding him like a baby. He still does not have a problem with being picked up. He even sits on shoulder etc. However he likes it less.

Him not being able to be picked up would be a real problem because he's the food thief in our family.

Oct 27, 2017
nope, she hates it
i'm the only person she can even tolerate (she's super lovable when it's just us two as well), but even if it's me, she hates being picked up and will not have more than 5 seconds of it before letting me have it
getting her in the carrier is like planning a heist

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
No, if I pick one up just to hold them, both of mine hate it and try to escape. One of them is okay with being picked up if it's to immediately set him on or near me then pet him, the other one hates being picked up regardless.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but he has to be in the mood for it. He'll come up to me and start tapping my leg when he wants to be picked up.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
My cat loved to be carried. As soon as I got home, he'd run up to me and meow until I hoisted him up on my shoulder to carry him around. 😢

My roommate's cat HATES to be picked up, and will start howling immediately. She's mellowed out a bit lately, but she still has no interest in it.

Oct 27, 2017
My cat always came running when I got home, she wanted to be held upside down in my arms. I had to pick her up otherwise she would be pissed for the rest of the day.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
YESH BECAUSH SHESH A GOOSH YITTLE BING BING WHO YIKES YOVE ANG ATTENGSHONG

Only for select people who earn her trust though.

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
Mine isn't the biggest fan of it, but she toleratse it. Our other girl (deceased two years ago) liked it as long as I wouldn't enter any scenarios that made her uncomfortable, like walking around or moving too much. She was easily scared, so I tried to avoid asking for too much. We managed to extend the duration quite a bit over time, from "Oh god, no, please!" to "Have a headbutt while you pet my neck!"

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
One of my cats will hug my leg because he wants up on my shoulder for a bit.

The other used to like standing on your shoulders, but she's too big for it now.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
Most cats only like it when you have coddled them as kittens. One of mine was and looooves it the other was a feral until 3 months of age and would claw your eyes out if held.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
nope. He will let me hold him briefly before he starts getting vocal and growls (though you can hold him for awhile before he gets physically aggressive, but the sounds he makes scare some people).

He apparenly was taken from the litter too early but I don't know for sure since I got him from a shelter. He seemed pretty domesticated so I don't think he was a stray (at least not for long).

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Not really no. I can pick her up and pet her head for a couple of seconds but that's it. Even petting is only allowed on and around the head.
She's very fond of cuddling though. Just 100% on her terms :).

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Not sure if my boy likes it, but he'll let me pick him up and hold him for a bit regardless.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
My cst is the neediest cat I've ever seen. He's always in the same room and always jumps on your lap.
You can pick him up and hold him with his belly up and he'll slowly close his eyes and purr endlessly.

Ryu_Ken

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Our two are weird. The boy loves to be picked up and have cuddles, the girl will take your eyes out. However, she will happily sit on your lap all night and is literally whinging at us to sit down. The boy won't have any of it and prefers to sit on his own.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Mine loves to be picked up , also My cat will literally bear hug my leg after I come home from the gym because he likes the smell of my sweat I guess?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
CAT THREAD!!!

We have 3 cats:

Diamond: Loves to be picked up. She'd stay there all day if you let her.
Apollo: No, the old man doesn't like it.
Jack Bauer: It's actually best if you just don't touch him. ...Like at all.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have two. One of them can be picked up whenever, he just finds himself in our. The girl can too, but she doesn't like being held, so she will typically climb up and sit on my shoulder if I pick her up.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Mine hates it and would probably fuck my shit up if I dared to hold him for more than 10 seconds.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Our cat will tolerate me for about 30 seconds / 1 minute if I do some serious worshipping (behind ears and under chin in particular). But then it's over.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Only if he wants affection. Otherwise, nope.

Edit: or if I show him something interesting outside then he's too preoccupied to care.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Both of mine love being picked up, yes.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
big fatty part main coon named whisper is aight with it, doesn't mind but idk if he particularly likes it or is just like whatever. my tuxedo cat is affectionate af but will fuck you up if you try picking her up lol, or if she can't scratch away she'll just cry like you murdered her mother

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Yes both our current cats love it, instant purring. However it really depends on the cat because I have had several before that hated it...

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, eventually hell try go jump out or if he really doesn't like it he'll complain. Otherwise hes pretty chill

Ywv1MIf.jpg