• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly mainstream, I liked MC Lyte as well...damn I'm old...

Can you recommend me some indie/underground ones? Not trolling or anything I would genuinely like to discover some cool ones

Some of these are solo artists and some are duos. Hope this list helps you with some digging: Jean Grae, Noname, Chika, Rapsody, Rico Nasty, Princess Nokia, City Girls, Blimes and Gab, Alicia Goku, Junglepussy, Bbymutha, Beanz, Young M.A., Leikeli47, Kamaiyah, Mother Nature. Enjoy!

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Finally gave this a play.

Shit is trash. Cardi's been getting worse over the last year or so.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
The primary sample comes from this Chicago '90s dance jam with a decidedly different feel, but it bops all the same:

Nice!

A powerful song indeed. Credit where credit is due.
Just make sure you run your nose through it.

You accidentally listened to it. 🙄

Wait, CA-33 is this whole area???

How the fuck did he get nominated? Just really rich assholes voting conservative even though it's LA, and everyone is a fucking ho?

That line reminded me of this old vine lol

I was picturing this every time I heard the lyric.

Pro-tip: know what this phrase is referencing before you have sex with someone who uses it.

Or else they'll say something like, "damn, you got that macaroni" and you won't know WHAT the hell they're talking about.

...not speaking from experience or anything.
I'll keep that in mind.

It's all toilet sounds.

Is it me or does Kylie look like she could pass for north Indian?
Probably because her sisters are Armenian, but idk.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
1e8.jpg
iDByPLH.gif

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Listen to Rapsody's latest album, 'Eve.' Her lyricism and ability on the mic is absolutely phenomenal.

I'll check her, but you just made me remember that I really liked Eve, Who's that girl is fucking great! Now THAT is a banger! Love the beat and her flow...yeah as I said I'm fucking old lol

Lauryn Hill....tons of rappers quote and sample her music.

Listen to miseducation of Lauryn hill

Also rapsody both of her albums are fire. She also has a verse with Kdot on his album TPAB.

No offense to cardi but this song is terrible and the video kinda lame imo. I do like the Rosalia moment in there...but that's it.

I love Lauryn, don't know why but I always thought of her more as an R&B singer

why she never released another studio album?

I'll definitely check rapsody, you are the second person to recommend her

Snow tha Product says hello.

Some of these are solo artists and some are duos. Hope this list helps you with some digging: Jean Grae, Noname, Chika, Rapsody, Rico Nasty, Princess Nokia, City Girls, Blimes and Gab, Alicia Goku, Junglepussy, Bbymutha, Beanz, Young M.A., Leikeli47, Kamaiyah, Mother Nature. Enjoy!

Thanks for the recommendation guys! I'm sure I'll find stuff I'll enjoy

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
People are still concern trolling about this? Cardi never raped dudes. She drugged and robbed. I don't know why she gets scrutinized when there are male rappers with bodies on them.
I mean if i see a thread promoting a male rapper who has raped someone i will definitely post the information as well has nothing to do with her gender. A rapist is a rapist and should definitely be outed.

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
I love Lauryn, don't know why but I always thought of her more as an R&B singer

why she never released another studio album?

She was known as a rapper with the Fugees, when she dropped miseducation of Lauryn Hill she blew everyone's mind by mostly signing on the LP. But she still lays down some bars on a couple of the songs.

Fyi she did release an unfinished album of her live MTV performance (I forget what it's called). It's got some deeply personal songs on it. Mostly R&B but she does drop some bars.

She stopped singing because she got tired of the industry, dealt with some tax issues, went bankrupt too I believe. She still does live performances but you can tell that her hearts not in it anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if i see a thread promoting a male rapper who has raped someone i will definitely post the information as well has nothing to do with her gender. A rapist is a rapist and should definitely be outed.

She didn't rape people

The hatred for Cardi from people has me rolling every time. People can't handle just how off the cuff and no fucks giving she is

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to it for the first time

Damn, I'm gonna come home one day and my girlfriend is going to shatter my pelvis to this track

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
certified freak
7 days a week
wet ass pussy
make that pull-out game WEAK
whew!

If that ain't a call to the dance floor!

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly mainstream, I liked MC Lyte as well...damn I'm old...

Can you recommend me some indie/underground ones? Not trolling or anything I would genuinely like to discover some cool ones

Ok, that makes more sense if you are mainly keeping up with female MC's that have broken into the mainstream. I vibe with a lot of their singles but the big acts have to wear so many hats creatively( Rapper, Popstar, Sex Icon, etc) that a lot of their stuff feels over produced. So much so I don't ever feel the desire to revisit the discography after I've jammed to all the radio hits. DaBaby is an example of a male act that I chafe against in the same way.

Looks like you've gotten a lot of good recs already so I don't have much too add since my taste are pretty esoteric lol.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm incredibly out of the loop with modern music and I think I'd like to stay that way

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
The track is dope as is, but all this pearl clutching and the sudden need to think of the children is FUCKING GREAT.

Also Anthony Fantano fucking swinging on twitter hahahahaha