• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Tom Wilson, notorious Washington Capital's shit head, puts another player's career in danger (again) last night and skates off without a hint of actual punishment. Sucker punches Buchnevich when down on the ice and shoves his stick under his throat. Panarin comes to defend, gets his helmet ripped off and then he is slammed to the ice.

Legit no one but Caps fan even remotely likes the guy. And here I thought the NFL was the biggest joke when it comes to player safety. A $15k fine and no suspension after a laundry list of past behavior. lol

What happened:

His "Punishment." That heavy fine equals to about 15 minutes of play.

UPDATE: League levying substantial fine... to the Rangers for their comments about the league. $250k or $245k more than Wilson was fined.

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Guy should be expelled from the league and no suspension is absolutely insane.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
NHL Player Safety remains bullshit.

I wish they'd stop hiring ex-goons to run the department. Makes no fucking sense.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
As a kid playing NHL on the genesis, I thought it was cool that you could fight. Now as an adult, it literally makes no sense why its even allowed. In any other sports, you would be suspended and fined.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
wait, so there is no fine for the Panarin stuff? Or could that possibly be coming as a separate thing?

OP
OP
Jogi

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
wait, so there is no fine for the Panarin stuff? Or could that possibly be coming as a separate thing?
I think when these are handed out for a player, they are handed out for all infractions in the game. So, if there was punishment for that, I think it would be included with their initial tweet. Could be wrong, though.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Such a piece of shit player and person.

Apparently the Caps Twitter account tweeted this and then deleted it lol:

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to call out George Parros, I'd be so furious if I was the Rangers.

The idea that you would put a former massive goon in charge of player safety is fucking stupid anyway.

He fucking punched a defenseless player in the back of the head. A FINE? With his track record?? What the fuck is going on!?

And then he shoved a player without a helmet on into the ice.

The NHL is fucked, what a joke of a league

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
lmao at parros' wiki

MSODhD1.png

Neon Octopus

Nov 21, 2017
I feel like player safety gets it right more often than not....but they missed on this one. Its crazy that he can keep putting other players at risk like this.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
If Cherry were still around, I bet he'd be celebrating this shit as tough guys being tough and for people to stop being whiny babies. lol

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
TIL that George fucking Parros is the head of player safety. How...how did that possibly happen LOL.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like player safety gets it right more often than not....but they missed on this one. Its crazy that he can keep putting other players at risk like this.

I thought the min. would be rest of the regular season. And that would have been a huge cop out / slap on the wrist. It's stupid that the NHL values playoff games higher than regular season for suspensions. But he didn't even get one game, they play the Rangers again in their next game, someone is going to get murdered what a fucking moron.

Why are we surprised honestly it's a league where the rules are literally different in the post season and everyone acknowledges that fact same with make up calls but league just pretends they don't tell the Refs how to call games differently.

Oct 29, 2017
Tom Wilson always seems to get away with being a complete psycho. I don't get it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's several suspension worthy offenses, one after another, like he had a coupon that was about to expire before the playoffs started.

Kick this trash to the curb.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If they aren't going to protect players then they need to let the players do the enforcing again.

You can't not let the players enforce themselves and also NOT do anything to protect them. Absolute joke

OP
OP
Jogi

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
If they aren't going to protect players then they need to let the players do the enforcing again.

You can't not let the players enforce themselves and also NOT do anything to protect them. Absolute joke
Yep. I honestly don't see how this isn't going to happen. Can't blame the Rangers if they load up on enforcers for tomorrow's game and go after Wilson.

What is really shocking is the NHLPA clearly siding with Wilson in these instances, because it's clear they don't give two shits about who he has attacked.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Tom Wilson should be in prison instead of playing at The Garden again. Fucking psychopath.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
He's very much a massive shitebag. There's honestly a problem with player safety in hockey in general when it comes to remedial action, especially when you have a name like Tom Wilson.

This reminds me of an incident a few years ago in the UK league where a player landed a quite nasty check on a player, but it wasn't called, the player who was hit then skated across the ice, jumped a player for behind and then started laying into him while he was on the ice and the player on the ground stuck out a leg and kicked with a skate to defend himself.

DOPS originally gave the skater who kicked a longer ban than the person who jumped him from behind.

It literally made news worldwide and the league ended up having to sack their entire DOPS team (which was one person) and seek independent advice.

Sadly, the NHL is just too big to be shamed.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
a complete goon

relatedly, i pick tom wilson every year in my fantasy league after successfully lobbying for additional points given for taking penalties

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love for the Rangers to call up that big dude, Geerston, from the AHL for Wednesday's game. Someone needs to teach Wilson a lesson. The league obviously won't.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
It's rare for a team to call out the NHL, it's even rarer when an O6 team does it.

Damn.

Glad they didn't really hold anything back. Player Safety has been toothless for way too long. They haven't had player's safety in mind in forever.

It was at its best when Shanahan first started his job when he was going nuclear on everyone. That's the way it should be. Shame the teams cried so much back then because he was following the rules super strict and then just stopped.

Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Bold strategy. But necessary.
Parros was a fighter, and should recognize Wilson violated what ever 'code' exists. Attacking someone head down was a cowardly and disgusting act.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
User Banned (3 Days): Insensitive Joke
Yep. I honestly don't see how this isn't going to happen. Can't blame the Rangers if they load up on enforcers for tomorrow's game and go after Wilson.

What is really shocking is the NHLPA clearly siding with Wilson in these instances, because it's clear they don't give two shits about who he has attacked.

Can Marty McSorley come back for one shift and use Wilson's head as a baseball?

Chippewa Barr