• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has released its Presentation for the previous Fiscal Year 2018/2019 , In it they showed their forecasts for the current Fiscal year 2019/2020

pdf_6.png

Based on this Page , No Major titles is planned to be announced ( Usually previous years they go with Major title 1 and Major Title 2 ... etc ) , Their only planned Major input is Monster Hunter World Iceborne , they also will focus on expanding Catalog titles like RE2 and DMCV ..etc and they will focus on ports and releases on current Gen platforms

pdf_9.png

Here they go into more Details in their forecasts , as Shown before :

- There is no Major titles planned except MHW:I
- Their Digital units ratio forecast increased in a Big way from %60.5 to %82.5
- Their planned SKUs are decreased by half
- But despite all the above , they still expect 1M increase of sold units than previous year ?
- There is also slight decrease in Overseas Units ratio and Catalog titles ratio

Last edited:

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically, it'll be a port heavy year and whatever new release they may possibly make outside that is probably a small thing considering the low physical to digital ratio they're expecting.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Capcom will have some stuff this year, but it's not going to be as big as prior years.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
I hope this encourages Capcom to start releasing more games. Anyone else miss 2003-2005 Capcom? That was when they went crazy and releasing games like RE Outbreak, Haunting Ground, Viewtiful Joe, RE Code Veronica, etc...

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Real talk though, now would be a wonderful time to port Ace Attorney Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. And localize DGS1+2.

I have given up any semblance of hope of Investigations 1 and 2 ports.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Can't wait for the "remastered remasters"
(I'm pretty sure this will happen sadly)
:)
I dunno', the current trio of consoles is all about laying the long-term groundwork for the future of their platforms via backwards compatibility through less unique hardware (we're already seeing this with the fantastic BC on Xbox One). The necessity of a new port of a game diminishes vastly when a good version of the game is already available via BC, so I don't really see PS5 ports of the games we can play on PS4 happening, for example.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So something like an Ace Attorney is still on the table right? Basically anything that isn't their AAA content?
I wouldn't expect a new AA game to release this FY.

They did say they're re-releasing/porting old games. There's your MH switch. Ichinose is probably working on next gen now, if he wasn't on iceborne.
I really doubt Ichinose would be the one working on World 2 over Tokuda.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
Do you guys think a new throwback Breath of Fire game (cel-shaded visuals or something like DQXI) could do well with proper marketing?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think a new throwback Breath of Fire game (cel-shaded visuals or something like DQXI) could do well with proper marketing?
RPGs are expensive, so I really have no idea. I don't think it makes sense for Capcom to pursue it with their current strengths, where realistic objects that can be scanned are way more cost-efficient than 'unrealistic' stuff.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I hope the wait for X9 isn't too much longer.

But within the last two years they released Monster Hunter World, Mega Man 11, Resident Evil 2 and DMC5, so can't really expect much.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
There has to be something. Without at least 1 major title There is noway their revenue would be anywhere close to last year.

Iceborne cant possibly match the sales of MHW PC,DMC and RE2. And they had a ton of catalog stuff released last year too.

Maybe they just didn't wanna reveal it.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Let's see... Tbe high digital ratio probably means they'll be showering Steam with ports.

This probably also means they are neck deep in next gen development.

Switch even get some love.

Oct 25, 2017
There has to be something. Without at least 1 major title There is noway their revenue would be anywhere close to last year.

Iceborne cant possibly match the sales of MHW PC,DMC and RE2. And they had a ton of catalog stuff released last year too.

Maybe they just didn't wanna reveal it.
Even when they've gotten a lot less transparent with their breakdowns in recent years, the thing that remains is that they always show their hand their heavy hitters to show their shareholders what will be bringing in the new money. This hasn't changed at all. They're expecting Iceborne to be an incredible hit while being supported by as many legacy ports as possible.