• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentFlyer

Oct 26, 2017
What store is reliable for pre-ordering consoles/games in Saskatoon?
I recently moved to Canada, and trying to figure out where should I go with pre-ordering console/games.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I recently moved to Canada, and trying to figure out where should I go with pre-ordering console/games.

get Amazon Prime and you´re set for life? :D

I moved here last October and have had best success with Amazon and EB Games so far.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Do you just mean who will get you stuff on time? It varies quite a bit depending on your location, even people inside the same city can have different experiences.

I would say the most reliable from what I've seen has been EBGames. They'd better be; their deals are also the worst. General consensus is that Amazon is the shittiest one, even with Prime, but some people have the best luck with them.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Depends on province and area. But for Ontario:

Amazon is often best deals but delivery time can vary wildly, from release date to weeks late.
Bestbuy has good deals and delivery time is fairly consistent, but my gripe with them is they won't leave anything in mailbox, I always have to go and pick it up.
EBGames is pretty reliable for shipping times, but deals are scarce and shipping can add up if buying smaller items.
Walmart is somehow pretty good deals and delivery time. But god, their online is wonk. Cancelling and changing information is a nightmare. I would avoid ordering from them if the game is a year+ out unless you are sure.

SilentFlyer

Oct 26, 2017
get Amazon Prime and you´re set for life? :D

I moved here last October and have had best success with Amazon and EB Games so far.
Do you just mean who will get you stuff on time? It varies quite a bit depending on your location, even people inside the same city can have different experiences.

I would say the most reliable from what I've seen has been EBGames. They'd better be; their deals are also the worst. General consensus is that Amazon is the shittiest one, even with Prime, but some people have the best luck with them.

Thank you.
I am specifically asking in terms of guaranteed item. As I plan to pre-order PS5/SeX whenever pre-orders are up. I was also told about Hi Tech Gametraders, but I don't feel confident to order anything from them.

Depends on province and area. But for Ontario:

Amazon is often best deals but delivery time can vary wildly, from release date to weeks late.
Bestbuy has good deals and delivery time is fairly consistent, but my gripe with them is they won't leave anything in mailbox, I always have to go and pick it up.
EBGames is pretty reliable for shipping times, but deals are scarce and shipping can add up if buying smaller items.
Walmart is somehow pretty good deals and delivery time. But god, their online is wonk. Cancelling and changing information is a nightmare. I would avoid ordering from them if the game is a year+ out unless you are sure.

I live in saskatoon, Saskatchewan. But I guess Amazon and EBGames have standard service throughout the Canada? As for Walmart, here (saskatoon) I find them highly unreliable. They don't even do mid-night launch let alone pre-orders. So, I won't risk ordering PS5/SeX from there.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you.
I am specifically asking in terms of guaranteed item. As I plan to pre-order PS5/SeX whenever pre-orders are up. I was also told about Hi Tech Gametraders, but I don't feel confident to order anything from them.

I live in saskatoon, Saskatchewan. But I guess Amazon and EBGames have standard service throughout the Canada? As for Walmart, here (saskatoon) I find them highly unreliable. They don't even do mid-night launch let alone pre-orders. So, I won't risk ordering PS5/SeX from there.

Oh wait, you mean literally "will I get the item I ordered at all"?

Yeah, I feel like any of EB Games, Best Buy or Amazon would be totally fine for this. Dunno if there are specifics about Saskatoon that would change that, though.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting this from the Dual Shock 4 Back Button review thread. I was able to pick one up at Walmart today. They were hard to find as they had them on an end cap at the back of an aisle.

They don't have them listed on their website but using the UPC code on StockTrack you are able to check store stock:

Apr 24, 2018
Cross posting this from the Dual Shock 4 Back Button review thread. I was able to pick one up at Walmart today. They were hard to find as they had them on an end cap at the back of an aisle.

They don't have them listed on their website but using the UPC code on StockTrack you are able to check store stock:

I couldnt find this thing anywhere in Langley Today. Pretty disappointed.

Oct 25, 2017

leezy

Oct 25, 2017

thank you so much for sharing this, ended up driving to three different Walmart's because the first two didn't have any

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

Wait, do the company sites that display inventory on their pages have public APIs as well that people used to build this? lol

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know that DS4 attachment would be sold out so quickly everywhere. Probably should have pre-ordered.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
One DS4 back button attachment left at the Morningside Walmart. It's inside the glass case with the other ps4 stuff

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else finding PC Optimum to be too much work again? I don't ever earn points from regular shopping anymore and they ask me to load, print, or use my SMS for offers now. I'm going to hit $90 in points (I'm like $2 away) and just dump them all the next time a redemption event occurs and then delete my account.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Anyone else finding PC Optimum to be too much work again?
It's annoying that the offers webpage forces me to login everytime now, that's a recent issue. But other than that, nothing is wrong?
This weeks "Points Days" offers are stellar. Like 50% back in points for every $10-$15 spent on various foodstuff I buy, and stacking offers on specific things. My brother basically got 70% back in points buying Frosted Flakes.
and then delete my account.
Literally why? What does refusing free money get you?

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up two DS4 button attachments in Brampton, according to the tracker they are low in supply but still available.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The PS5 is backwards compatible...you'll get the enhancements for free in a patch...

I'd rather have the inevitable PS5 version, and.. free enhancements in a patch on consoles (For a different console at that). I'll believe THAT when I see it. lol

Basically, you can't cancel. Walmart doesn't know what cancelling is or how to do that.

Wait for the game to arrive, and then return it to a physical Walmart location. Walmart can do returns (at a physical store). Returns are easy. Walmart does returns all day long. Walmart can run laps around everyone else when it comes to returns. Sometimes you don't even need a receipt to do returns. Walmart don't care.

Thanks, chief. Sister goes to Peterborough all the time so a store return isn't an issue, did it with a water cooler once. Just.. hoped to avoid it but it seems Walmart will never get with the times. lol

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just got a random spam email from EasyHome, and checked the site out of curiosity because I remember my parents buying a couch from there back when I was a kid. Did some math and good grief - do people actually go for this stuff? They are selling the Switch for nearly $2,000 between 104 weeks of installments. That's like a $1,500 profit turn. I don't know enough about furniture to compare pricing there, but I can only assume they must have actually good deals sometimes? There's no way someone would rather pay a 250% markup vs. putting a bit aside for a month or two to save up.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I just got a random spam email from EasyHome, and checked the site out of curiosity because I remember my parents buying a couch from there back when I was a kid. Did some math and good grief - do people actually go for this stuff? They are selling the Switch for nearly $2,000 between 104 weeks of installments. That's like a $1,500 profit turn. I don't know enough about furniture to compare pricing there, but I can only assume they must have actually good deals sometimes? There's no way someone would rather pay a 250% markup vs. putting a bit aside for a month or two to save up.
No. These companies are scum. They target low income people who view the small payments as affordable. I assume the company understands they may no received the full $2000 for a switch which is why it's still hiked up so high. This way they still ensure a profit even if the debt goes unsettled.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
No. These companies are scum. They target low income people who view the small payments as affordable. I assume the company understands they may no received the full $2000 for a switch which is why it's still hiked up so high. This way they still ensure a profit even if the debt goes unsettled.
Yeah, it's preying on people who need something now for whatever reason. In Australia there was a controversy because these types of companies directly targeted the Australian equivalent of welfare recipients.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Anyone else finding PC Optimum to be too much work again? I don't ever earn points from regular shopping anymore and they ask me to load, print, or use my SMS for offers now. I'm going to hit $90 in points (I'm like $2 away) and just dump them all the next time a redemption event occurs and then delete my account.
What? Just download the app to your phone. It auto loads coupons from just opening it and will adjust which coupons it gives based on your buying habits. I've found that I get far more points now then I did in the past because of it. Like nearly weekly I'm getting a coupon for 20x or 1,000 points for simply buying milk (and their price is the same or cheaper then everybody else). A while ago I got a few custom coupons given to me in the app that let me get $170 back on buying a Switch Light.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Da'fuk? Why have I never gotten a points offer on milk? I just keep getting butter, and I buy butter like once a year maybe.
But yeah, usually you buy something like blueberries, and then bam, next week you have a points offer for blueberries. The system is built to give out points for buying staple items, which gets you in a store. This is more than enough reason to use the system. Random exploits to get cheap electronics are just gravy on top.

Nov 1, 2017
A back button attachment is so weird, but the fact it exist means that's something already in the PS5 controller I take it and this is their way of filling that gap.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Da'fuk? Why have I never gotten a points offer on milk? I just keep getting butter, and I buy butter like once a year maybe.
But yeah, usually you buy something like blueberries, and then bam, next week you have a points offer for blueberries. The system is built to give out points for buying staple items, which gets you in a store. This is more than enough reason to use the system. Random exploits to get cheap electronics are just gravy on top.
What kind of kicked it off for us is we would go buy Eggs from shoppers because they're $1.88 almost every weekend which lead into us just also grabbing milk while there since the price was on par or better then stores. Which like you said lead to them starting to give me points/coupons for buying common items you buy. The problem is you have to try to not skip on the coupon too often or they will stop giving it to you for a while. =/

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was selected for the xcloud preview! You don't actually need an xbox controller, my 8bitdo controller works perfectly

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
I just received 4 of the back button attachments.....but I only ordered one. I should say something....right?

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
My buddy ordered 500gb SSD from Amazon when they were like 160. They sent him 1 BOX. He had 10 total and sold em for a huge profits and kept his one.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From amazon. I preordered them as soon as they were announced but they took their sweet time getting here.

When it launched, I preordered a Switch and BOTW from Amazon. I ended up cancelling prior to release. Amazon still shipped it to me and never billed me.

It's several years later now and still all good. Keep it. The law actually lets you. If you receive goods that you didn't order, you're entitled to keep them without cost. s.13 of the Consumer Protection Act - https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/02c30#BK14.

Status
Not open for further replies.