• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
we have just as much say in opening that border as the States. If we don't think it's safe, it won't happen

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I think we will, if anything, lock down further. We have been preaching patience and further distancing too much to suddenly do otherwise.

And if Trump tries anything, it might be the first time we actually bring the big playing cards to the table.

Electrical Power(No. 2 exporter worldwide), Softwood Lumber/Medical Grade Pulp(No. 1), etc

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I think we will, if anything, lock down further. We have been preaching patience and further distancing too much to suddenly do otherwise.

And if Trump tries anything, it might be the first time we actually bring the big playing cards to the table.

Electrical Power(No. 2 exporter worldwide), Softwood Lumber/Medical Grade Pulp(No. 1), etc
Looks like Germany will be testing before us and I believe they are in a similar state infection wise, so I'm sure they'll keep a close eye on their situation to help determine what to do.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Before the border was closed I remember how many people were coming back from the states into Ontario and testing positive. I think at one point they made up the majority of new cases.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Before the border was closed I remember how many people were coming back from the states into Ontario and testing positive. I think at one point they made up the majority of new cases.

IIRC, initial reports showed that in the early days, the majority of cases were from inbound or returning travellers as the source. In the 70 to 80% range(granted keep in mind this was when we were below 100 total cases). Then there was a slow but steady, to eventually a linear scale increase to our community transmission cases, which eventually overtook the returning traveller case ratios.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
IIRC, initial reports showed that in the early days, the majority of cases were from inbound or returning travellers as the source. In the 70 to 80% range(granted keep in mind this was when we were below 100 total cases). Then there was a slow but steady, to eventually a linear scale increase to our community transmission cases, which eventually overtook the returning traveller case ratios.
Yeah, I do recall the days (which seems long ago now) with just a handful of new cases which were all from travel. Cases from travel to the US started to pick up and become concerning right before community transmission.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
We need deploy all our returning geese at the border.

That should keep them away.

FamousFragrantGermanshorthairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
My wife, who works in the south of shore school system (Montreal), has friends and family constantly asking her if we are going to re-open schools by May 4th. At this point, anyone who thinks that is actually going to happen in non-limited capacity is crazy. I'm not going to be shocked if things remain locked down here well into June.

As people start going out and gathering, cases are going to spike again and people will hopefully do the right thing and stay home.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I've managed to get my anxiety about the health side of things under control, but jeez the economic implications of this whole situation hit me hard today. It could be a year until bars are able to open again, whole sectors of the economy have been wiped out. It's just awful

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
We need deploy all our returning geese at the border.

That should keep them away.

FamousFragrantGermanshorthairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

www.shatnerchatner.com

I Am The Horrible Goose That Lives In The Town

yes I am the horrible creeping bag of sound that is the most worst to you! I will use my beak to mischief you and I will press B. I wobble my snake-front-body and I waggle my bag-back-body and they meet in the middle to plan a bad idea to upset you. I flap back and forth my business rear for...

Still waiting for my Canada goose skin in that game...

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Wait, the portal just went up on the 6th and you've gotten two payments by applying twice?
Portal went up on the 6th, but it was retro-dated to have month 1 start on March 15. I applied on the 6th (my birthday is early in the year) and got $2000 two days later.

Month 2 started this week. I applied for that one on Monday and I got that second payment of $2000 this morning.

I will apply for the month 3 payment on May 11.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Portal went up on the 6th, but it was retro-dated to have month 1 start on March 15. I applied on the 6th (my birthday is early in the year) and got $2000 two days later. Month 2 started this week, and I got that $2000 this morning.

Interesting.

I honestly would have waited until May to apply again. Not that I'm hurting right this second, but money in hand...

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the portal just went up on the 6th and you've gotten two payments by applying twice?
CERB payments have been weird. I have two payments on mine, but I had mine rolled over from EI. Both came in on the same day with the first one being $1000 and the second was $2000. My assumption was $1000 for March, $2000 for April, but I have nothing to confirm that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 25, 2017
CERB payments have been weird. I have two payments on mine, but I had mine rolled over from EI. Both came in on the same day with the first one being $1000 and the second was $2000. My assumption was $1000 for March, $2000 for April, but I have nothing to confirm that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you do your EI reports? The payment info will show up a bit after you submit them

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
Did you do your EI reports? The payment info will show up a bit after you submit them

Before I did my last set of reports, Service Canada was only showing payment information for 2 payments of $500 for March. There was nothing indicating where the second deposit of $2000 came from. I did another set of reports yesterday and it's now showing 2 more payments of $500 for the last two weeks and a note saying that the payment for that has been released to me. Nothing new has hit my account yet, but we'll see in a day or two.

Oct 25, 2017
Before I did my last set of reports, Service Canada was only showing payment information for 2 payments of $500 for March. There was nothing indicating where the second deposit of $2000 came from. I did another set of reports yesterday and it's now showing 2 more payments of $500 for the last two weeks and a note saying that the payment for that has been released to me. Nothing new has hit my account yet, but we'll see in a day or two.

I got my first payment without doing the reports, no payment info showed up until I caught up with the reports recently

So I think you get the payment before you get to the point of doing reports, I guess they get the money back if they pay you but you go back to work within the next 4 weeks *shrug*

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
So during this situation..

My dad has discovered online gambling through the PlayOLG site.. ...

Luckily my brother put limits on how much he can withdraw from his bank account weekly and he will be unlikely to navigate to go around that but.. lol

Good luck to all of your bored loved ones!

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
blackburnnews.com

Sarnia-Lambton MP says 'we need to get back to work' (AUDIO)

Sarnia-Lambton's MP wants Canada to implement COVID-19 cures she claims have been proven in the United States, but are opposed by Canadian health experts.

Marilyn Gladu, the former Conservative health critic, said the Liberals are talking about waiting for a vaccine — but that could take years.

"In the United States, they've been successful with the treatment of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and zinc sulphate," said Gladu. "They've tried this on thousands of COVID patients, with nearly 100 per cent recovery rate, and so the FDA has approved this as an emergency measure, but Canada has not."

CPC supporting Trump's unproven cures.

We'd be opening up the economy soon like Trump with these chumps in charge.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay but hydroxychloroquine trials have been stopped like all over the world due to too many risks, and the journal where the contentious study was submitted to declined it. Cons are fucking insane.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I received $500 today from EI. I don't get it how it works. I already got $2,000 this month. Shouldn't I get the next batch of payments next month?

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
blackburnnews.com

Sarnia-Lambton's MP wants Canada to implement COVID-19 cures she claims have been proven in the United States, but are opposed by Canadian health experts.

It's CPC- Corporate Party of Canada and their motto, Circumventio Per Cupiditas. Anti-intellectualism and anti-science that benefits the bottom lines of corporation has always been one of their prime pursuits.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I logged on and checked the daily Washington Post graphs for the US, and saw that 2500 deaths were reported today. At first I thought, "huh, they haven't updated since last night", but then I double checked and we really had more deaths announced by 730AM this morning than all of yesterday. :(

It's pure insanity to talk about reopening when that chart still hasn't leveled off. The infection chart is rate-limited by our abysmal testing metrics. And as we've recently discovered in NY and NJ, numerous facilities are just collecting bodies and announcing deaths after the fact.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
blackburnnews.com

"Every [COVID-19] death is tragic. But, the reality is more people are dying of suicide, more people are dying from cancer and smoking and we don't shut the economy down for that. So, where we see that there's a remedy available and we see that for most of the population this is not a concern, people are losing their businesses in Sarnia-Lambton, they're losing their livelihoods and there's no end in sight."

Aaaaarghhblafalsfjkasjlfdassd

Samsara

Apr 3, 2020
I received $500 today from EI. I don't get it how it works. I already got $2,000 this month. Shouldn't I get the next batch of payments next month?

From what I learned and saw, you can receive 500 $ weekly for the period of 4 weeks (so 2000 $ total) if you applied for CERB thru Service Canada.
Whereas if you applied thru CRA, it's 2000 $ for the whole period of 4 weeks, at once.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
From what I learned and saw, you can receive 500 $ weekly for the period of 4 weeks (so 2000 $ total) if you applied for CERB thru Service Canada.
Whereas if you applied thru CRA, it's 2000 $ for the whole period of 4 weeks, at once.
I applied through EI which will be converted to CERB. I guess this is the CERB thru Service Canada. I already got $2,000 from them with $1,000 when I was out of work in March. I don't know why I got $500 again. Anyway, if I'm really going back to work in the next month. I'll just give them a call to claw them back.