• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Sleep paralysis occurs the most when you sleep on your back. Had it happen to me once and now I never sleep that way.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I have a hard time sleeping on my back, or stomach at all. So I always sleep on my side. When I do manage to sleep on my back, I sometimes get sleep paralysis. It usually happens if I go on my back hours in my sleep though.

Sounds weird, but I kinda miss sleep paralysis. It's freakin scary, but at the same time it's kinda fun being so scared for no reason when you look back at it. Haven't had it in months :(

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm trying to sleep, it won't happen. If I'm trying to watch the late game, I'm out like a light. It's annoying.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I only fall asleep if I'm on my back. Like, seriously, I don't fall asleep if I'm on my side (let alone on my stomach).

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
I always sleep in my back, at least to initially fall asleep for the night. When I inevitably wake up 3-5 hours later to go to the bathroom, I can sometimes sleep on my side but can occasionally fuck up my shoulder/neck doing this.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah, I fall asleep on my back and mostly sleep that way as well. I can sleep on my side but my knees really hurt when they are together like that so I have a body pillow to keep between them... but I don't like it taking up the space when I share a queen size bed with two ten pound dogs and my husband lol. I only use it when I'm very uncomfortable.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nope...always sleep on my side. I usually lay on my back until I get super sleepy and ready to doze off, and then I roll over onto my side, arm under my pillow / head and pass out.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sleep paralysis occurs the most when you sleep on your back. Had it happen to me once and now I never sleep that way.
That's exactly why I sleep on my back.
Nice to know I've got friendly greys/demons/shadow people watching over me.
051eAL5.jpg

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I love sleeping on my back but I snore very loudly when I do, so for my wifes benefit I dont.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I haven't ever had issues sleeping on my back. Sometimes if I'm restless I'll roll over on my right side, but that sometimes leads to neck pain for me in the morning.

I don't really think about it, at any rate.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
It's my preferred way, but I snore something awful when sleeping on my back so I can only do it when sleeping alone

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah i can
My cats know when i am about to go to sleep and they wait in my bed and want to fall asleep in my arms with their heads on my chest.
Usually they leave after 20 mins or so and i would roll over in the seconds they relocate down to my legs but if they don't want to leave or i'm really tired i fall asleep on my back too.

My sleep positon is based entirely on where my two cats decide they want to sleep on me.

Correct answer!

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Yep. Trained myself into it after being a stomach/side sleeper. It feels so good, the effects on my back have phenomenal as well. I occasionally sleep on my side for the sake of it though.

Oct 25, 2017
Back sleeper here. It's one of three positions I can comfortably go to sleep in. The other is my left and right side with arm raised behind pillow.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
It's the only way I can fall and stay asleep. I'm a chronic drooler, so if I sleep in any other position I'll wake up within the hour of falling asleep in a pool of my own drool. I used to be a stomach sleeper until this started back in my late teens.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
It's always harder to fall asleep that way for me, but when I sleep on my back I tend to toss and turn/wake up multiple times way less than when I sleep on my side, and usually wake up feeling more well rested.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I can but if I do my cat will come sleep on me, and this little vermin especially likes my bladder area.
So no.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't initially fall asleep on my back. Need to be on my side in a specific position. However if i wake up in the middle of the night and I'm only half awake and my sides aren't comfortable I can sometimes shift to my back and will fall back asleep.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Bruh, I can't NOT sleep on my back.
Blew my mind when I learnt that it's a thing people don't do.
I don't really toss and turn either.
My friend has described me as being like some sort of mummy when I sleep.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I used to be able to fall asleep only when on my stomach. At some point last year my back aches started to get more frequent, and after 2 weeks where things were not getting better (which never happened before), after I heard that the way I sleep might affect things, I decided to try sleeping on my back.

Took a week of not giving in, but surprisingly now I only sleep on my back, and my back thanks me for it. This unequivocally and significantly changed my back ache situation.

Before i started, I actually had an example that it is possible - one of my daughters who was really suffering from back aches successfully did this herself, also in a week or so, and this also changed things for her.

Pain is a great motivator...

Pretty much the same thing for me. I used to love sleeping on my stomach buy as I got older my back started telling me that's not a great idea. Made the switch and it definitely helped.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I sleep on my back the best. It's the position where it's easiest to get comfortable. I do love when I hit the sweet spot when sleeping on my side, but it just doesn't happen that often. Arm/shoulder position is a real bitch.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I've been working on my bodys problems a lot lately. I don't remember if I twisted at all last night, but I think I did sleep on my back for the first time in a long time last night. I'm making an effort to keep it this way.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I suffer from mild vertigo so lying on my back with my head back makes me really dizzy. I have to sleep on my side with my head at an upwards angle.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I can only sleep on my back or wake up in excruciating pain because I wrecked my back being broke sleeping in couches..

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Side sleeper. Also can't fall asleep while spooning, as relaxing as it may be.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i sleep on my left side with my arm under the pillow